Sweet and fresh! Mint Chocolate Chip Archetype

The Nyx Avatar

So, I decided to make an archetype based on my favorite flavor of ice cream. Since effects that trigger in response to being shuffled into the Deck hasn't been done before (at least not often), I made that the focus for their effects. As for the Pendulum Effects, I made them based on Level manipulation. Cnc is accepted.

[spoiler=Show Monsters]

HAKOYBE.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can target 1 monster on the field and 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster you control; the Level of the second target becomes equal to the Level of the first target.

Monster Effect:Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" card you control with a different name into your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster with a different name from your hand or face-up from your Extra Deck. When this card is shuffled into the Deck: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

UDgJH4F.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can target 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster on the field; increase or decrease its Level by up to 3.

Monster Effect:You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its original ATK becomes 1000. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster you control with a different name into your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster with a different name from your Graveyard or Banished Zone. When this card is shuffled into your Deck: You can target 1 card on the field; banish that target.

TWjjGul.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to declare a Level between 1 and 5; the Levels of all face-up "Mint Chocolate Chip" monsters you currently control become(s) that Level.

Monster Effect:During either player's Damage Step: You can pay 800 Life Points to double this card's original ATK; neither player takes Battle Damage from this card. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" card you control with a different name into your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster with a different name from your Deck. If you do, its effects are negated. When this card is shuffled into the Deck: You can target 1 card on the field; send it to the Graveyard.

FOfVR9U.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can send 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to target 1 up to 2 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monsters you control; Level of the target(s) become(s) equal to the the sent card's Level.

Monster Effect:Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" card you control with a different name into your Deck; place 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" card with a different name from your Pendulum Card Zone into an empty Monster Card Zone. When this card is shuffled into your Deck: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; return it to the bottom of the respective owner's Deck

wXlnLy8.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can banish the top card of your Deck to target 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster on the field and declare 1 Level between 1 and 8; that target's Level becomes the declared Level until the End Phase.

Monster Effect:You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its original ATK becomes 1000. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster with a different name into your Deck; Normal Summon 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster with a different name from your hand. When this card is shuffled into the Deck: You can target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand.

qzQSuDL.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can pay 500 Life to declare a Level between 1 and 5 and target up to 3 monsters on the field; the Level/Rank of the target(s) becomes the declared Level/Rank.

Monster Effect:Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster you control with a different name into your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster with a different name from your Deck. When this card is shuffled into your Deck: You can target 1 monster on the field; place it in your opponent's Spell & Trap Card Zone.

[spoiler=Show Spell Card]

EpyrZfA.jpg

LORE:Target 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects this turn.

[spoiler=Show Synchro Monster]

FlRYISR.jpg

LORE:1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" Tuner monster +1 or more non-Tuner "Mint Chocolate Chip" monsters

This card is unaffected by your opponent's Effect Monster effects. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Mint Chocolate Chip" monster you control or face-up from your Extra Deck into your Deck; shuffle 1 card on the field into the respective owner's Deck. When this card is returned to the Extra Deck: You can shuffle all monsters your opponent controls into the respective owner's Deck.

Now I'm hungry for ice cream...

For the Pendulum effect on "Witch", you don't Banish from Deck to Graveyard. It should either just say "banish the top card of your Deck" or "send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard". Also, her effect should be consistent with the rest of them and call them "Mint Chocolate Chip" monsters instead of just "Mint" monsters. And for her monster effect, it should say "During the Damage Step of a battle involving this card".

"Maiden" Pendulum effect should say "to the Graveyard and target up to 2 'Mint Chocolate Chip' monsters you control; the Level".

==

I really like this deck, mostly because the mechanics remind me a lot of Madolche, which is appropriate I suppose. I enjoy that they play around a lot with shuffling each other in order to activate effects. The only problem I can see here though is a big one, and that's that I don't exactly know if they CAN activate their effects from the deck once they're shuffled in...

All in all, a nice little archetype that seems to be fun and functional.

Archived