Mermaid Kingdom

Dova

Created from this: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334071-archetype-game/page-26?do=findComment&comment=6739341

[spoiler=Monsters (8)]z3cjD1b.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, and if this card wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster, you can target one "Mermaid Kingdom" monster you control: that card's ATK becomes equal to the ATK of the monster with the highest ATK on the field + 100. You can only target one card with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Charger" per turn.

oESXfNp.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, and if this card wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster; The next attack your opponent makes this turn is negated. You can only negate one attack with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Gardna" per turn.

0pCneRg.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, and if this card wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster, you can target one "Mermaid Kingdom" card you control; Once this turn, that card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. You can only target one card with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Guardian" per turn.

RH7mvAS.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster, you can target one face-down card they control; Destroy it. You can only destroy one card with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Lookout" per turn.

rsPnRaH.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster; Add one "Mermaid Kingdom" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only add one card from your Deck to your hand with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Rallyer" per turn.

v0o0M5P.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, and if this card wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster, target one card in their Graveyard; Banish it . You can only target one card with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Reaper" per turn.

kRKELFn.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, and if this card wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster; Add one "Mermaid Kingdom" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. You can only add one card from your Deck to your hand with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Scout" per turn.

i1msSjH.jpg

If you control a face-up Field Spell, and if this card wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If you activate this effect while your opponent controls a free Monster Zone(s): Your opponent Special Summons it to their side of the Field instead. During either player's turn: You can discard this card, then, if your opponent controls a monster, you can target one face-up card they control; Destroy it. You can only destroy one card with the effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Siren" per turn.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps (2)]VxBdDsq.jpg

This card's effects can only be applied/resolved if you have a Fish-type monster(s) in your Graveyard. When this card is activated: Add one "Mermaid Kingdom" monster from your deck to you hand. Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to you summoning a Fish-type monster(s).

F96VulH.jpg

This card's effects can only be applied/resolved if you have a Fish-type monster(s) in your Graveyard. If you take damage: You can send one Fish-type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and, if you do, halve the damage taken.

[spoiler=Extra Deck (4)]etEh1QY.jpg

1 WATER Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can use "Mermaid Kingdom" monsters your opponent controls to Synchro Summon this card. This card gains 400 ATK for each monster used to Synchro Summon this card. You can target one Fish-type monster in your Graveyard that wasn't sent to the Graveyard this turn: Add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Mermaid Kingdom Assaulter" once per turn.

BzrCcjX.jpg

1 WATER Tuner + 3 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can use "Mermaid Kingdom" monsters your opponent controls to Synchro Summon this card. While you control another WATER monster: This card cannot be targeted for attacks or effects. You can tribute a WATER monster you control: This card can attack your opponent directly this turn. Once per turn, if a Fish-type monster is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon it to your opponent's side of the field.

muNGxsN.jpg

2 WATER Tuners + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can use "Mermaid Kingdom" monsters your opponent controls to Synchro Summon this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects a number of times per turn equal of non-Tuner monsters used to Synchro Summon this card.

NhlNSDi.jpg

1 or more WATER Tuners + 1 or more WATER non-Tuner monsters

You can Synchro Summon this card using monsters on either side of the field. You can only control one "Mermaid Kingdom Sorcerer". If this card is Synchro Summoned, this card gains effects depending on the number of Tuner monsters used:

-1: This card cannot attack. This effect cannot be negated.

-3 or more: Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

-4: This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

If this card is Synchro Summoned, this card also gains effects depending on the number of non-Tuner monsters used:

-1: When this card is Summoned: Banish all card you control. This effect cannot be negated

-2 or less: Negate this card's effects.

-4 or more: You can send one card from your hand to the Graveyard and target one card on the field: Destroy that target.

-5 or more: This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.

Main Strategy is to load your graves with the Main Deck monsters then swarm when you have your Field out to Synchro Summon.

CnC please.

If I had to express my opinion in few words, they would be: It's a Deck not to mess up with.

While implying that it can be very strong, it actually isn't as terrifying. However, there are some secret technics which can easily turn the tides, or increase your chances, of the duel.

Firstly, we see the deck's~ oh my, discarders for life! D.D. Crow, Marksman, Heavy Infantry, searchers, Gungnir, Necro Gardna and Honest: all in one set! Add some Salvages and Morays of Greed; perfect!

Since the main strategy is to Summon as many of them from the Graveyard, cards with a milling effect are desired. Apart from them, some variants may co-exist, depending your style. If the low-Level monsters are more important, then some Fishborg monsters could prove useful. Else, Mermails are very helpful: Discarding and replenishing is their biggest asset. Worst case scenario, your discarding options are too low for a counterplay. So, it's important that your very first turn is the best-prepared one.

A very interesting part of the Mermaids is that they are most possibly Summoned to the opponent's side of the field instead. Seeing how your Synchro monsters are Summoned, it didn't surprise me. However, I've spotted an "innocent" advantage in your favor: They can be Summoned at WHATEVER battle position you desire. Does it ring any bell?  (attack a weak monster *cough-cough*)

Not a lot to say about the Bosses. Depending what you need, you can Summon a hand-replenisher, a serious attacker or a good defender. The Dragon's immunity is not that astounding, compared to other similarly imune monsters, but I personally would removed one of its protections. Golem is more in need of nerfing: Worst case scenario, you're using only two non-Tuner monsters. Even if it's not Beelze~  Wait. Beelze >> Golem. Ok, my bad. It's good the way it is.

The Sorcerer has progressive advantages that can only be achieved with a dedicated Mermaid deck. This alone soothes things a bit. (Nicely said that you can control only 1 Sorcerer at a time.) The very last 2 effects are bothering me a bit. Not that they are too OP, but with all the other gained effects, one or two effects could be removed or nerfed a little. That's my general opinion, I can't specify it more.

To complete the set, here come one Spell and one Trap Card. Siege reminds me of Lightsworn Barrier: Nothing very impresive, but it's doing what it's supposed to do mildly. As for the Field Spell, a nice nitch to the archetype but not really useful (unless it can prevent Counter Trap from activating, so it may be of mroe use).

To sum up: Mermaids have potential. Beware of an empty hand and everthing will be alright. At a scale from 0 to 10, I'd rate it a 7-8, because (honestly) this drawback is possibly the only one I can find.

Archived