Moltanics(Fire and Water Chaos)

TF2_The_Scout

Tour Guide of Moltanic Isle

Level 3

FIRE/Fiend

ATK: 500 DEF: 1000

If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Moltanic" monster from your Deck, except "Tour Guide of Moltanic Isle". Its effects are negated this turn and it cannot be used as XYZ material.

----

Moltanic Cerberus

Level 4

FIRE/Beast

ATK: 1500 DEF: 1100

When this card is Summoned: Target 1 Set Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; Return it to hand. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Cerberus" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Dino

Level 4

FIRE/Dinosaur

When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Dino" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Hound

Level 4

FIRE/Beast

When this card is summoned: You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Hound" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Wulf

Level 4

FIRE/Beast/Tuner

When this card is Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; This card gains ATK equal to halve of that target's ATK.

----

Moltanic Shark

Level 4

WATER/Fish/Tuner

You can discard this card and target 1 card your opponent controls; Negate that card's effects this turn. Your opponent cannot activate card effects in response to this effect. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Shark" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Serpent

Level 4

WATER/Reptile

You can discard this card; Add 1 "Moltanic" Spell/Trap from your Deck to Hand. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Sperpent" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Squid

Level 4

WATER/Sea Serpent

If a "Moltanic" monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can discard this card; It gains 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.

----

Moltanic Falco

Level 4

WATER/Winged-Beast

You can discard this card; Add 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Deck to Hand. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Falco" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Pegasus

Level 6

FIRE/Beast

ATK: 2500 DEF: 1900

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from your Hand or Graveyard) by shuffling 1 WATER and 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard into your Deck. You can only summon "Moltanic Pegasus" this way once per turn. If summoned this way: Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field. Your opponent may not activate card effects in response to this effect.

----

Moltanic Rhino

Level 6

FIRE/Beast

ATK: 2600 DEF: 2100

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from your Hand or Graveyard) by shuffling 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard into your Deck. You can only summon "Moltanic Rhino" once per turn this way. If summoned this way: You can target 1 monster and 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; Banish 1 and destroy the other.

----

Moltanic Dragon

Level 7

FIRE/Dragon

ATK: 2700 DEF: 1900

(This card is also treated as a WATER monster.) Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from your hand or graveyard) by shuffling 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monster in your graveyard into your deck. You can only summon "Moltanic Dragon" once per turn this way. If summoned this way: Banish 1 card your opponent controls. You can discard 1 "Moltanic" monster; Special Summon 1 "Moltanic" monster from your graveyard, except "Moltanic Dragon." You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Dragon" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Erruption Dragon

Level 11

FIRE/Dragon/Synchro

ATK: 3500 DEF: 3000

1 FIRE Tuner monster + "Moltanic Dragon"

(This card is also treated as a WATER monster)

If this card is Synchro Summoned: Destroy all other cards on the field. You cannot summon other monsters the turn this effect is activated. If a "Moltanic" monster attacks: Negate all monster effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is in the Graveyard: You can shuffle 2 "Moltanic" monsters in your Graveyard into your Deck; Special Summon this card, and if you do, destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field. You can only summon "Moltanic Erruption Dragon" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Mammoth

Level 7

FIRE/Beast/Synchro

ATK: 2600 DEF: 2300

1 "Moltanic" tuner monster+1 or more non-tuner monsters

While this card is face-up, neither player can summon banished monsters. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Banish it, then lose 1000 LP. If this card is destroyed: You can shuffle 3 "Moltanic" monsters in your graveyard into your deck, then add 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Deck to hand. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Mammoth" once per turn.

----

Jones, Raider of Moltanic Isle

Rank 4

FIRE/Warrior/XYZ

ATK: 2000 DEF: 1400

2 level 4 FIRE monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card using 2 level 4 "Moltanic" monsters. If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can send 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card and add 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard to Hand; This card gains 500 ATK and cannot be targeted by card effects this turn.

----

Edward, Explorer of Moltanic Isle

Rank 4

WATER/Warrior/XYZ

ATK: 2000 DEF: 1400

2 level 4 monsters

If this card has a WATER "Moltanic" monster attached to it as XYZ material, it cannot be targeted by monster effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Moltanic" monster in your Graveyard, but negate its effects this turn. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 FIRE or WATER monster in your Graveyard.

----

Moltanic Flow

Continuous Spell

When a "Moltanic" card is sent to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Moltanic Flow" twice per turn. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Moltanic" monster in your Graveyard to Hand.

----

Moltanic Isle

Field Spell

"Moltanic" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. During either player's turn: You can return 1 "Moltanic" monster you control to Hand; Special Summon 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Hand with a different name. You can send 1 FIRE and 1 WATER monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Add 1 "Moltanic" card from your Deck to Hand. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Special Summon 1 "Moltanic" monster from your Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Moltanic Isle" once per turn.

----

Moltanic River

Spell

Add 2 "Moltanic" monsters in your Graveyard to Hand. You can only activate 1 "Moltanic River" per turn.

----

Moltanic Overflow

Continuous Trap

You can only control 1 "Moltanic Overflow". Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can target Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls, up to the number of "Moltanic" monsters you control; Destroy them. If this card is destroyed: You can banish it from your Graveyard; Your opponent cannot use the effects of Spell cards during their next turn.

----

Moltanic Smog

Continuous Trap

Monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK for every "Moltanic" monster you control. If this face-up card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can banish it from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Moltanic Dragon" from your Deck, then activate its effect as if it was summoned by its own effect. You can only control 1 "Moltanic Smog" and you can only use this effect of "Moltanic Smog" once per turn.

----

Moltanic Stream

Trap

Special Summon 1 FIRE "Moltanic" monster from your Graveyard, then send 1 WATER "Moltanic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

----

Moltanic Eruption

Trap

Send 1 FIRE and 1 WATER "Moltanic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Destroy all cards on the field. Your opponent takes no battle damage the rest of this turn.

----

Moltanic Maelstrom

Counter Trap

If your opponent Special Summons 2 or more monsters: Send an equal number of "Moltanic" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard; Send those monsters to the Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Moltanic Maelstrom" per turn.

Yay, even more Moltanics!  Advantage for days!

I definitely like these cards.  The fires play like tellars while the waters work like spells and it all folds neatly together with 3 powerful recurring bosses.  On top of this, they have the backing of most of the Rank 4 pool and huge power plays with their various spells and traps.

As a whole, it is very self-contained but has the potential to be splashed in other decks, has neat synergy with the Hands/Frost&Flame Dragon, and has answers to most anything.  All that said, I like 'em!

I would say my only gripe with them is the fact that "Moltanic Dino" isn't a dinosaur-type (for dem legit Laggia/Dolka plays).  But aside from that...

Yay, even more Moltanics!  Advantage for days!

I definitely like these cards.  The fires play like tellars while the waters work like spells and it all folds neatly together with 3 powerful recurring bosses.  On top of this, they have the backing of most of the Rank 4 pool and huge power plays with their various spells and traps.

As a whole, it is very self-contained but has the potential to be splashed in other decks, has neat synergy with the Hands/Frost&Flame Dragon, and has answers to most anything.  All that said, I like 'em!

I would say my only gripe with them is the fact that "Moltanic Dino" isn't a dinosaur-type (for dem legit Laggia/Dolka plays).  But aside from that...

Laggia/Dolka? That's bullshit. *makes Dino a dinosaur*

Hmm... I think Edward is fine.  It feels a bit weird that it is generic considering the fact that most of its effects revolve around Moltanics though, but that last effect could make it somewhat useful elsewhere so yeah.

Jones, however... that guy's OP considering that's a +1 and protection for 1 detach.  I'd probably tone it down by making the detach effect cost 2 materials and give no ATK boost (though the original ATK could probably be bumped up to 2100) and making the adding of FIRE monsters part of the effect rather than the cost.

Smog is fine for what it does.  It is unlikely to get off the secondary effect too often, but it is good as insurance.  What I find really amusing about this card though is it allows Wulf to beat over monsters with 3000+ ATK from a single Summon.

Hmm... I think Edward is fine.  It feels a bit weird that it is generic considering the fact that most of its effects revolve around Moltanics though, but that last effect could make it somewhat useful elsewhere so yeah.

Jones, however... that guy's OP considering that's a +1 and protection for 1 detach.  I'd probably tone it down by making the detach effect cost 2 materials and give no ATK boost (though the original ATK could probably be bumped up to 2100) and making the adding of FIRE monsters part of the effect rather than the cost.

Smog is fine for what it does.  It is unlikely to get off the secondary effect too often, but it is good as insurance.  What I find really amusing about this card though is it allows Wulf to beat over monsters with 3000+ ATK from a single Summon.

I toned Jones down a bit.

• 1 month later...

Archived