[AGM] [Written] Gold Spear: "Infinite" milling! 10/10

Dova

Gold Spear Munetik

LIGHT - Level 1 - Warrior/Effect - 200/300

You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard and send the top 5 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon any "Gold Spear" monsters sent from your Deck to the Graveyard by this effect. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Munetik" once per turn. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every 2 "Gold Spear" monsters shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Kakhard

LIGHT - Level 1 - Spellcaster/Effect - 600/200

When your opponent activates a Spell card or effect: You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard and send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; If any Gold Spear monsters were sent to the Graveyard this way, negate that effect, and, if you do, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Kakhard" once per turn. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every 2 "Gold Spear" monsters shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Gazan

LIGHT - Level 1 - Beast/Effect - 800/0

When your opponent activates a monster effect: You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard and send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; If any Gold Spear monsters were sent to the Graveyard this way, negate that effect, and, if you do, destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Gazan" once per turn. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every 2 "Gold Spear" monsters shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Kortsanich

LIGHT - Level 1 - Warrior/Effect - 500/600

When your opponent activates a Trap card or effect: You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard and send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; If any Gold Spear monsters were sent to the Graveyard this way, negate that effect, and, if you do, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Kortsanich" once per turn. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every 2 "Gold Spear" monsters shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Ayrich

LIGHT - Level 1 - Fiend/Effect - 200/100

If you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Ayrich" once per turn. Once per turn: You can roll a 6-sided die; Send cards from the top of your deck to the Graveyard equal to the result, then inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card sent to the Graveyard by this effect. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every "Gold Spear" monster You can shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Razmik

LIGHT - Level 1 - Warrior/Effect - ?/0

If you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Ayrich" once per turn. This card gains 400 ATK for each "Gold Spear" monster in your Graveyard. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every 2 "Gold Spear" monsters shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Ayrel

LIGHT - Level 1 - Spellcaster/Effect - 0/900

If you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Gold Spear Ayrich" once per turn. Once per turn: You can send cards from the top of your deck to the Graveyard equal to the number of cards your opponent controls; Inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each card sent to the Graveyard by this effect. During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for every 2 "Gold Spear" monsters shuffled into your Deck this way.

Gold Spear Hravirel

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Gold Spear" monster in your Graveyard; Return it to your hand. If this card is sent to your Graveyard by the effect of a "Gold Spear" monster; You can Special Summon 1 "Gold Spear" monster from your Graveyard.

Gold Spear Mokni

Continuous Spell

"Gold Spear" monsters gain 300 ATK for each "Gold Spear" monster with a different name in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard; Inflict 200 damage to your opponent, then, if the card milled was a "Gold Spear" card, you can send the top card of your deck to the Graveyard. If this card is sent to your Graveyard by the effect of a "Gold Spear" monster; You can add 1 "Gold Spear" card from your Deck to your hand.

Gold Spear Komandantot

LIGHT - Rank 1 - Warrior/Xyz/Effect - 0/0

3 Level 1 LIGHT monsters

Each time a "Gold Spear" card(s) is sent from your Deck to the Graveyard: This card gains 500 ATK for each "Gold Spear" card sent to the Graveyard this way. Once per turn, if there are no cards in your Graveyard; Shuffle 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard into their Deck.

As said by Draconus: A group of Level 1 LIGHT monsters with milling effects for usually trivial amounts of damage, or effect negation. However, what sets them apart is that a Deck made of them CAN'T LOSE BY DECK-OUT. They have a clause that allows your Graveyard to be shuffled into your Deck at any time, for re-stocking purposes. Sure, it requires 5 Gold Spears of different names to go off, but still . . .

CnC please.

OP has heck man! Unless you plan on having your cards be entirely activated from the hand, then that's the only balancing factor. What really makes this archtype powerful, is how quickly you can restock your hand everytime you use an effect.

In my personal opinion, the effect of destroying the monster after negating it's effect is over kill when you can essentially resupply your hand after every 2 turns or so of milling and getting monsters in your graveyard. Then repeat the process. However, I do like the concept and does seem like a fun deck to play. Its speed can rival that of fast paced decks that can swarm the entire field and shut them down, if not drag them down to a crawl. I love it, but destroying a monster after negating it is a bit much. Maybe just have it negate the monster's effect and prevent them from either attacking or using its effect again for the rest of the turn would suffice.

I like the concept behind weak monsters effects manipulating the duel. Overall i believe the concept is nice, but is the final effect of every card intended to not be optional? I believe this means that when the card hits the graveyard every goldspear card in the graveyard effect triggers, and they would all force you to draw 5 cards each, resulting in 25 card draws....I may be wrong...but according to the card text that is what would happen.

In order to avoid that problem you would simply change the effect to an optional effect.

During either player's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard and you have 5 or more "Gold Spear" monsters in your Graveyard: You can shuffle all cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card for each "Gold Spear" monster shuffled into your Deck this way.

This would make it so once one hit the graveyard, all their effects would chain, but then the others would miss timing or something, by being removed from the grave, or having an action take place before the chain.

Edit: Actually I think I was wrong, they would chain but the ones sent to the deck would not have the requirements anymore and would not, but still should this effect be optional or mandatory?

Also could this deck be abused to draw exodia

Well with having level 1 monsters you can avoid traps like gravity blind. But it does feel like they are prone to banishing, although some of these cards have effects that negate spells, traps, and effects such as that of banisher of the light. The same goes for any cards that would affect your hand. Maybe destroying a card after negating its effect can be nerfed. Perhaps adding a separate cost as an option for destroying a card once it has been negated can help.

Just asking, is the archetype supposed to work using a pure "Gold-Spear" deck?

Beacuse it seems really impratical.

But first I do like to complain how the 2, 3 and 4th of the gold spears are literally better versions of the herald light trio (where they need to discard themselves + 1 fairy, this one just needs itself + mill 3), except maybe the monster effect one (it doesn't destroy the target like the herald).

Anyway, if you are using a deck with the archetype only, all you can do is rely on Razmik for closing games (or you know... doing something besides negating the opponent's cards or milling for the sake of milling), since it is the only card worth summoning. I'm also curious why the deck has quite a bit of Special Summon if most of the time they are more useful in hand (except the last 3 ones, but again Razmik is the only I would bother summoning).

Some field or continuous spell which increase the stats based on how much Gold-spears you have in grave would be neat for giving some kind of play for the deck. Another monster or two with an effect akin to Razmik could work as well. Specially a Rank 1 Xyz monster (I think it would work really nice: Creating a reason to summon the other ones, or using their milling effects on field then Xyzing them). If you want a different effect (from Razmik), something like -Gains 500 ATK every time a "Gold-Spear" monster is milled- sounds nice.

Of course, if the archetype is supposed to fit in any deck which enjoys milling, they are probably fine. Actually maybe a little strong (see the herald trio 2.0), and the first one let's you easily mill 5 (it's underwhelming in non-"Gold-spear" decks, but could be troublesome).

All in all, I really enjoy their "If there's 5 or more in grave, you can return your grave to the deck and draw", but sincerely I'do change it to "Draw 1 for each 2 Gold-Spears returned", because it could easily be a scary drawing engine as it is now (drawing 5+ cards in one turn is crazy). And the deck is really needing a purpose, or a focus, besides milling and denial (it's ok to base your deck around them, but they can't be the objective of the deck) -See my 4th paragraph-. 

Well, this was made for the archetype game, so I required that purpose to make it. Thank you for the rest of the review though, cards have been added and changed! Nerfed the negation eff a little, and added an Xyz and Continuous.

Sorry, I get that it was based on a game's idea, but they really lacked plays to do.

Anyway, I really enjoy the negation effect right now (I didn't thought how to nerf it, and the way you did it was pretty good). Makes them more of "Gold-Spear" cards instead of splashable cards (plus now it's ok for the monster effect one to destroy the target).

Luckily you kept your trend of making the spells having effects when milled, since it fits the deck very well and it's quite unique (gotta love flavor).

The Xyz one is pretty good (I love when they require 3 or more materials). He is kinda on the strong side while being fair enough (he has "limitless" ATK, but it requires set-up and he is a 3 material Xyz anyway). Having a secondary effect when you don't have anything in grave makes him lovable.

While the deck may need some extra polishment or consistency, it's quite decent right now I think (now there's enough reasons to mill).

P.S: Ayrich still has the draw 1 for 1 effect.

Archived