[Written] Dystopian/Number I (Infected Number): Different take on Numbers! (17/?)

Dova

Had this idea a while ago: What if there was a Dark/Evil counterpart to the Utopia Archetype? It eventually evolved into this: Different numbers, different form of an Xyz Deck. Art was naturally difficult to find: Any art anyone could find to fit would be helpful. Thought this deck might be interesting; Hope you like it!

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters (4):]Dystopian Infecter

* - Dark - Fiend/Effect - 0/0

If this card is in your hand or face-up on the field: You can target 1 face-up Xyz monster; Attach this face-up card you control to that target as Xyz material. This card cannot be detached from an Xyz monster, except by the effect of a "Number I" monster. An Xyz monster with this card as Xyz material gains this effect:

∙ This card gains 300 ATK for each Xyz material attached to this card, also negate all other effects of this card.

Dystopian Corrupter

* - Dark - Fiend/Effect - 100/200

If this card is in your hand or face-up on the field: You can target 1 face-up Xyz monster; Detach 1 Xyz material from that monster, then, if you do, attach this card to that target as Xyz material. This card cannot be detached from an Xyz monster, except by the effect of a "Number I" monster. An Xyz monster with this card as Xyz material gains this effect:

∙ This card gains 400 ATK for each Xyz material attached to this card, also negate all other effects of this card.

Dystopian Destroyer

* - Dark - Fiend/Effect - 200/100

If this card is in your hand or face-up on the field, and there are 2 or more Xyz monsters on the field: You can target 1 face-up Xyz monster you control and 1 other face-up Xyz monster; Detach 1 Xyz materials from the first target and attach them and this card to the second target, then, if you do, destroy the first target. This card cannot be detached from an Xyz monster, except except by the effect of a "Number I" monster. An Xyz monster with this card as Xyz material gains this effect:

∙ This card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz material attached to this card, also negate all other effects of this card.

Dystopian Enveloper

* - Dark - Fiend/Effect - 100/0

If this card is in your hand or face-up on the field: You can target 1 face-up Xyz monster without a "Dystopian" card as Xyz Material; Detach all Xyz materials from that monster, then, if you do, attach this card to that target as Xyz material. This card cannot be detached from an Xyz monster, except by the effect of a "Number I" monster. An Xyz monster with this card as Xyz material gains this effect:

∙ This card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz material attached to this card, also negate all other effects of this card.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps (3):]Dystopian Infusion

Quick-play Spell

Target 1 face-up Xyz monster on the field; Attach 1 "Dystopian" monster from your Deck to that monster as Xyz material.

Dystopian Swarm

Normal Spell

Target 1 face-up Xyz monster: Tribute that target, then, if you do, Special Summon a number of "Dystopian" monsters from either player's Graveyard equal to the number of Xyz Materials that were attached to that target +1 to the previous controller of that target's side of the field. You can only activate 1 "Dystopian Swarm" per turn.

Overlay Denial

Counter Trap

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card OR a monster effect: Detach 1 "Dystopian" card from an Xyz monster on the field, ignoring that Material's effect; Negate that card/effect, and, if you do, destroy it.

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters (11):]Number I16: Storm of Heaven

***** - Dark - Fairy/Xyz/Effect - 2500/1800

4 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 4 Fairy-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, during either player's turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card or a monster effect: Negate that card/effect, and, if you do, your opponent cannot (if Spell or Trap) activate cards of that negated card's type, or (if Monster) activate effects of that type, until the end of your opponent's next turn.

Number I23: Lancelot of the Doomed

********* - Dark - Zombie/Xyz/Effect - 2200/1700

3 Level 9 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 8 Zombie-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). When your opponent take battle damage while this card has Xyz Material; You can target 1 card your opponent controls; Shuffle it into their Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card, then choose either Spell or Trap Cards; Your opponent cannot activate cards of the declared Type this turn.

Number I35: Utopian Vice

***** - Dark - Warrior/Xyz/Effect - 2700/2200

3 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 4 Warrior-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, when either player's monster declares an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; Negate that attack, then, if you do, return the attacking monster to the hand. If this card declares an attack while it has Xyz material; Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Number I44: Steed of the Damned

***** - Dark - Beast/Xyz/Effect - 2000/1800

3 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 4 Beast-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; Send it to the Graveyard, unless your opponent pays 1500 LP to negate this effect.

Number I52: Impure Crab Overlord

***** - Dark - Rock/Xyz/Effect - 0/3500

3 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 4 Rock-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; This card gains ATK equal to the DEF of all monsters you control, then this card's DEF becomes 0. At the start of your Battle Phase: You can Tribute 1 monster you control; If this card declares an attack this Battle Phase, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step, also this card is the only card that can attack this turn.

Number I61: Behemoth of Flames

****** - Dark - Dinosaur/Xyz/Effect - 2700/1200

3 Level 6 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 5 Dinosaur-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls, then your opponent takes damage equal to the total ATK of all the monsters destroyed by this effect. You can only use this effect of "Number I61: Behemoth of Flames" once per turn, also you cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Number I74: Insane Swordmaster

******** - Dark - Psychic/Xyz/Effect - 2900/2300

3 Level 8 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 7 Psychic-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). If your opponent targets a card(s) you control with an effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then activate 1 of these effects:

∙ You select the target(s) instead.

∙ Negate that effect, and, if you do, destroy it.

Number I81: Superdreadnought Chaotic Construct

*********** - Dark - Machine/Xyz/Effect - 3400/4200

3 Level 11 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 10 Machine-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; Cards you control are unaffected by other card effects this turn.

Number I91: Spark Destroyer

***** - Dark - Dragon/Xyz/Effect - 2600/2200

4 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 4 Fairy-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card; Apply 1 of the following effects, depending on the number of Xyz Materials detached:

∙ 1 Xyz Material: Destroy 1 face-up monster on the field.

∙ 2 Xyz Materials: Destroy 1 face-down monster on the field.

∙ 3 Xyz Materials: Destroy all other face-up monsters on the field.

∙ 4 Xyz Materials: Destroy all Spell/Traps on the field.

∙ 5 Xyz Materials: Destroy all cards your opponent controls.

Number I101: Savant of the Hated ARK

***** - Dark - Aqua/Xyz/Effect - 2300/1200

3 Level 5 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by detaching a "Dystopian" Xyz Material from a Rank 4 Aqua-Type Xyz monster you control, then using that Xyz monster as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects this turn. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect. If this card would be destroyed by battle; You can tribute 1 monster you control; This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle this turn. Once per turn: You can detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card (min 2.), then target any number of monsters on the field up to the number of Xyz Materials detached from this card -1: Attach them to this card as Xyz Material.

Working on other cards, mostly Extra Deck monsters, because of how splashable they are. This deck is intended to not be run pure. Please tell me what you think ^^

I like the main deck cards, but the Extra Deck requires a VERY weird variety of diversity that I don't see working outside of some Gagaga variant or maybe Galaxy, and Galaxy doesn't really need anything outside it's own Xyz to function, as well as CDI. Maybe relax the summon restrictions, like remove type?

Swarm also seems REALLY strong, as you can give your opponent two super weak monsters in attack mode for huge damage. 

I do very much like how these are anti-Xyz without actually RELYING on your opponent using Xyz Monsters, as you can just use beater Xyz of your own. 

These are real cool and seem fun to play. They remind me a bit of Meklords, but not reliant on what your opponent plays. One problem I can see is that you can just attach the main deck monsters to acide golem of destruction for a very powerful, easily summoned rank 3. All in all though, this is much more fun looking then a lot of Xyz based archetypes and I like the number I monsters.

I like the main deck cards, but the Extra Deck requires a VERY weird variety of diversity that I don't see working outside of some Gagaga variant or maybe Galaxy, and Galaxy doesn't really need anything outside it's own Xyz to function, as well as CDI. Maybe relax the summon restrictions, like remove type?

Swarm also seems REALLY strong, as you can give your opponent two super weak monsters in attack mode for huge damage. 

I do very much like how these are anti-Xyz without actually RELYING on your opponent using Xyz Monsters, as you can just use beater Xyz of your own.

Thanks! It really changed as I worked it, and I am really happy with how it turned out. As for the type-reliant restrictions, I felt it might be too easy to get out, but then again, not everyone will be running Dystopians. You think that would balance it out?

These are real cool and seem fun to play. They remind me a bit of Meklords, but not reliant on what your opponent plays. One problem I can see is that you can just attach the main deck monsters to acide golem of destruction for a very powerful, easily summoned rank 3. All in all though, this is much more fun looking then a lot of Xyz based archetypes and I like the number I monsters.

Ah yes, Acid Golem of Destruction and Crazy Box. I personally think it's alright, considering Crazy Box isn't that popular of an Xyz and Acid Golem requires Rank 3.dek, and I don't see a deck that could run that with more than a few Dystopians. Thanks for the comment!

Just saying, my main concern with Acid Golem and co. is that there is no limit to how many Dystopian monsters you can attach. With a good hand, you could make him, then attach two (or even more) more Corruptors for a 4600 atk beatstick. Still I stick to my previous comment of really liking these.

Ah, I see what you mean. I have a couple of methods to deal with this:

- Make only 1 Dystopian per monster.

- Give them all Hard OPT

- Make it so that the effect doesn't stack.

What do you suggest?

Hum.. Maybe only have one of eahc one per monster? So you can attach am infector and a destroyer, but not two destroyers. By the way, how are you coming up with number I monsters? In most, they seem evil versions of existing numbers, bar I101, who seems like a good version?

Thought I had edited 101. Fixed, add 1 Extra Deck and one main deck monster. I mostly just see what comes to mind when I think of that monster.

Also, with the attaching, if you attach another Xyz material, it will be negated by the effect of the original Dystopian attached, so only one is activate at a time.

Hum this is more me nitpicking here... But Number I81 had Chaos in its name... And isn't a Number C monster... Just a bit confusing that is all. Anyway, like Number I91. Just wondering, will we ever see a number CI monster? Or an actual Dystopia Xyz monster (we've got Utopian Vice, but does he really count?)

Hum this is more me nitpicking here... But Number I81 had Chaos in its name... And isn't a Number C monster... Just a bit confusing that is all. Anyway, like Number I91. Just wondering, will we ever see a number CI monster? Or an actual Dystopia Xyz monster (we've got Utopian Vice, but does he really count?)

Changing Number I81's name a little. I want to do a CI number once I've done a Number I monster for every 10 numbers. What do you mean about an "Actual Dystopia Xyz Monster?"

Archived