[Leaderboard] UltimateIRS vs Dova

UltimateIRS

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply

Cards must be submitted by PM within 48 hours of entry

First to three votes or most votes within 48 hours of the cards being posted wins

If no votes within 48 hours, first vote wins

All voters must elaborate on their votes

Either contestant may refuse any vote, but must explain why he or she refuses it

A vote must be contested within twelve hours of the last vote

All cards will be posted in written format to help ensure anonymity

Requirement:

Create a card with an effect that supports "Virus" Trap Cards

Rewards:

The winner gets a rep from the loser

All voters get a rep for voting

Card A:

Saggi the Plagued Clown
DARK, Rank 3
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 3 DARK monsters
During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; until the end of this turn, this card's ATK becomes triple its current ATK. If this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed by battle with an opponent's attacking monster and sent to the Graveyard: You can send 1 "Virus" Normal Trap Card from your Deck to the Graveyard; this effect becomes that Trap Card's effect when that card is activated. You can only use 1 "Saggi the Plagued Clown" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
ATK 600/DEF 1500

Card B:

Plague Herald

DARK, Rank 4

Fiend/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 4 monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Virus" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; switch this card's original ATK and DEF. If this card is Tributed to activate a "Virus" Trap Card and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Plague Herald" once per turn.

ATK 0/DEF 2500

Card A has an alarming ATK modifying effect that doesn't even use its original ATK. You can stick something like Axe of Despair onto it and it'd triple into 4800 ATK. As a Virus support card, however, it's rather lackluster. The effect to "become the Virus" or whatever has Decoy Dragon Syndrome, which makes it a wasted effort to Summon unless you're going to exploit the ATK tripling to get like a bajillion ATK for the turn.

Card B can search EEV (which is actually a pretty damn strong card), DDV (pretty damn strong, though not as much as EEV), and then become fodder for the searched Virus. It requires a discard to become fodder for anything that isn't CCV, but it would easily be worth it since the Virus will usually be a major plus with knowledge of your opponent's hand as icing on the cake.

I really don't like either, so of course I'm going Card C. Virus cards are notorious for outright crippling Decks.

Right well Saggi is fucking insane with that stat boost, I can only presume that the chap responsible either completely disregarded, or made this with misguided intentions of supporting, Phantom Knights. Rugged Glove as a material gives it 1600 base attack, treble that and you're killing just about anything. BA can make it also, though slightly jumping through hoops to do so, but it'd require nothing more than choosing when to summon Dante correctly. The thing about this is that its effects work counter-intuitively. You boost it up to kill things but its effect that works towards the contest's criteria requires death by battle, but who's going to run into this except for with the like of UtL, in which case the effect can't even be used.

Basically it's going to get Castel'd or Raigeki'd away and all it will end up being is a rank 3 beatstick better than Acid Golem of Self-Flagellation and not used for the intended stated purpose, so I don't feel like I can really vote for it as a result of this.

Going to B, Plague Herald, and, well. Egh. I don't like that it searches Virus cards but that's not something to count against it in a competition with the requirements this one has. I really, though, do not like that it can switch its attack to fulfill the requirements of any of the traps and that it revives itself, making activating any of them a base +0 and meaning any hits are just more plus than they would otherwise be, leaving you with a potential 2500 body as well. It does too much for my liking given the power of what it's supporting. While I understand a shorter effect is less interesting and in doing this kind of thing you feel obligated in some way to do a bit more, I feel this goes too far.

I'll have to vote C.

Archived