(AGM) Hashtag Warriors(EG and Dova collab)

TF2_The_Scout

Based on Twitter and Tumblr Social Justice Warriors(SJWs).

Hashtag Warrior Educator

Level 4

Warrior/EARTH

ATK: 1500 DEF: 1800

When the ATK of a "Hashtag Warrior" monster is reduced: You can Special Summon this card(from hand). You can only summon "Hashtag Warrior Educator" this way once per turn, and if you do, you can Normal Summon 1 "Hashtag Warrior" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. Once per turn(except the turn this card is special summoned by its effect): You can reduce the ATK of this card by 1000; Special Summon 1 "Hashtag Warrior" monster from your graveyard. Its effects are negated this turn.

Hashtag Warrior Watcher

Level 4

Warrior/EARTH

Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Hashtag Warrior" monster from your Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can reduce the ATK of this card to 0, then target 1 "Hashtag Warrior" monster you control; It is unaffected by card effects this turn.

Hashtag Warrior Trender

Level 4

Warrior/EARTH

ATK: 1200 DEF: 1500

Once per turn: You can reduce the ATK of another "Hashtag Warrior" monster you control to 0; Banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand, then if it was a monster, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Hashtag Warrior Politician

Level 4

Warrior/Tuner/EARTH

If the ATK of all monsters you control (min. 2) is lower than their original ATK, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon 1 "Hashtag Warrior Politician" per turn this way. If this card is used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a Warrior-Type monster: You can add 1 "Hashtag Warrior" card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Hashtag Warrior Dark Herald

Level 4

Warrior/EARTH

ATK: 1800 DEF: 300

If the ATK of a monster you control is lowered: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can Tribute this card and target 1 Synchro Monster in your Graveyard, then reduce the ATK of a "Hashtag Warrior" monster you control to 0; Special Summon that target. You can only use this effect of "Hashtag Warrior Dark Herald" once per turn.

Hashtag Warrior Shieldmaiden

Level 4

Warrior/Tuner/EARTH

ATK: 0 DEF: 2500

Cannot be Normal Set. If your opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card(from hand) in Defense Position, then Set all monsters your opponent controls. If summoned this way, this card cannot be used as XYZ material. If you would lower the ATK of a "Hashtag Warrior" monster you control to activate an effect, you can make this card's DEF 0 instead.

----

Hashtag Warrior Justice

Spell

If all the monsters you control are "Hashtag Warrior" monsters with an ATK lower than the original: Double the ATK of the monsters you control this turn.

Hashtag Warrior Hand Gap

Quickplay Spell

Activate only while you control only "Hashtag Warrior" monsters. This turn, each time your opponent resolves an effect that adds a card from their deck to hand: Draw cards equal to the number of cards added +1. You can only activate 1 "Hashtag Warrior Hand Gap" per turn.

Hashtag Warrior Homecoming

Continuous Spell

You can only control 1 "Hashtag Warrior Homecoming" . During the End Phase of each turn: The ATK of all monsters on the field becomes their original ATK. If you successfully normal summon a "Hashtag Warrior" monster: Draw 1 card.

Hashtag Warrior Gates

Field Spell

All "Hashtag Warrior" monsters gain 500 ATK. You can discard 1 "Hashtag Warrior" monster; Special Summon 1 "Hashtag Warrior" monster from your Deck with the same name. "Hashtag Warrior" monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent's monster effects. When the ATK of a "Hashtag Warrior" is reduced: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Half its ATK. You can only use each effect of "Hashtag Warrior Gates" once per turn.

----

Hashtag Warrior Safe Zone

Trap

This turn, "Hashtag Warrior" monsters cannot be destroyed. During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated and resolved: Draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Hashtag Warrior Safe Zone" per turn.

Hashtag Warrior Education

Continuous Trap

Activate by paying 1000 LP. If you control a "Hashtag Warrior" Synchro monster, your opponent can only Special Summon monsters once per turn. If you do not, destroy this card.

Hashtag Warrior Infestation

Counter Trap

Activate only if you control a "Hashtag Warrior" synchro monster. When your opponent pays a cost to activate an effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy the card OR your opponent can pay the cost a 2nd time to negate this effect.

----

Hashtag Warrior Sarkeesian

Level 8

Warrior/EARTH/Synchro

ATK: 2900 DEF: 2500

1 "Hashtag Warrior" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-tuner monsters

Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can decrease the ATK of this card by 1000, then target 1 card your opponent controls; change it face-down. Your opponent cannot flip that card face-up. If this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: You can banish it; Special Summon 1 "Hashtag Warrior" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, except "Hashtag Warrior Sarkeesian", then lose 1000 LP. You can only use this effect of "Hashtag Warrior Sarkeesian" once per turn.

Hashtag Warrior Shives

Level 8

Warrior/Synchro/EARTH

ATK: 2500 DEF: 2500

1 "Hashtag Warrior" tuner monster + 1 or more non-tuner monsters

Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates an effect that would destroy cards you control: You can reduce the ATK of this card by 1000; Negate that effect, destroy the card, then destroy 1 card your opponent controls. You can only use this effect of "Hashtag Warrior Shives" once per turn.

Hashtag Warrior Moderator

Level 8

Warrior/EARTH/Synchro

ATK:2700 DEF: 1500

1 "Hashtag Warrior" tuner monster+ 1 or more non-tuner monsters

When this card is special summoned: All other "Hashtag Warrior" monsters gain 500 ATK this turn. When the ATK of a "Hashtag Warrior is reduced: Place 1 Hashtag Counter on this card(max. 5). Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects.

-Remove 2 counters from this card; Draw 1 card.

-Remove 3 counters from this card; Send 1 random monster from your opponent's Extra Deck to the graveyard.

Educator needs to say where he summons himself from. As for his Summon from Grave effect, I wish it couldn't be used the turn it was Summoned. I mean, if the ATK of a monster you control is reduced, you get a free SS of this guy, a free normal then, and a SS from grave. A bit too spammy if you ask me.

Watcher's effects are actually pretty balanced, considering the amount of Graveyard play this archetype has. Nothing too much to say there.

Trender's effect is simple, so again, not much to say there, other than it works fine.

Andro might have a problem with the resummoning of this archetype and it's "used as a Synchro Material" effect.

Shieldmaiden's direct attack prevention really helps the archetype, so you can sorta "set 4 pass", so you can have those 1 turn explosive plays.

Justice makes for some nice plays, and, although it is extremely archetypal, that's fine because you get that double ATK for extra effects.

Hand Gap is on the edge of being OP, but then again your opponent can choose to pass their turns, similarly to Maxx C, and it is archetype locked. Also, the HOPT effect is unfinished.

Homecoming is a wild NOPE due to the fact their is no OPT on the draw on normal effect. I mean, yeah, it's a Normal Summon, but this archetype likes multiple normal summons, and double summon might actually be viable.

Gates I think should only have an OPT on the last effect, considering the amount of other effects it has, but otherwise it helps a lot to theme of the archetype.

Safe Zone seems to fit in with the draw power of the deck, and it also provides the protection this archetype has so far been missing other than the previously mentioned Gates. In fact, the two work well together, practically keeping all your cards on the field.

I don't really understand how Education works. Could you explain?

Infestation is really weak, considering it only works for monsters on the field, is archetype restricted and only works if a monster hasn't used its effect yet. Why not use something like "When your opponent pays a cost to activate an effect: Negate the effect that would activate, and, if you do, destroy it, OR your opponent can pay that cost again to negate this card's effect.

Will comment on the ED monsters later.

Educator needs to say where he summons himself from. As for his Summon from Grave effect, I wish it couldn't be used the turn it was Summoned. I mean, if the ATK of a monster you control is reduced, you get a free SS of this guy, a free normal then, and a SS from grave. A bit too spammy if you ask me.Watcher's effects are actually pretty balanced, considering the amount of Graveyard play this archetype has. Nothing too much to say there.Trender's effect is simple, so again, not much to say there, other than it works fine.Andro might have a problem with the resummoning of this archetype and it's "used as a Synchro Material" effect.Shieldmaiden's direct attack prevention really helps the archetype, so you can sorta "set 4 pass", so you can have those 1 turn explosive plays.Justice makes for some nice plays, and, although it is extremely archetypal, that's fine because you get that double ATK for extra effects.Hand Gap is on the edge of being OP, but then again your opponent can choose to pass their turns, similarly to Maxx C, and it is archetype locked. Also, the HOPT effect is unfinished.Homecoming is a wild NOPE due to the fact their is no OPT on the draw on normal effect. I mean, yeah, it's a Normal Summon, but this archetype likes multiple normal summons, and double summon might actually be viable.Gates I think should only have an OPT on the last effect, considering the amount of other effects it has, but otherwise it helps a lot to theme of the archetype.Safe Zone seems to fit in with the draw power of the deck, and it also provides the protection this archetype has so far been missing other than the previously mentioned Gates. In fact, the two work well together, practically keeping all your cards on the field.I don't really understand how Education works. Could you explain?Infestation is really weak, considering it only works for monsters on the field, is archetype restricted and only works if a monster hasn't used its effect yet. Why not use something like "When your opponent pays a cost to activate an effect: Negate the effect that would activate, and, if you do, destroy it, OR your opponent can pay that cost again to negate this card's effect.Will comment on the ED monsters later.

Education is essentially suppose to be Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon/Vanity's Emptiness. You activate it by paying 1000 LP. If you control an HW synchro monster, your opponent can only special summon 1 monster per turn, so there goes pendulum summon then synchro/XYZ/fusion summon. If you don't control said monster, it destroys itself.

I think the cost might be better phrased as "Pay 1000 LP to activate this card. If..." because the rest is not an activating effect but a continuous effect. But yeah, seems fine. Was gonna say it should destroy itself during a phase, but the effect is rather powerful, so nevermind.

I think the cost might be better phrased as "Pay 1000 LP to activate this card. If..." because the rest is not an activating effect but a continuous effect. But yeah, seems fine. Was gonna say it should destroy itself during a phase, but the effect is rather powerful, so nevermind.

I actually did that as you posted this.

Yay reviews

Judging by Educator’s special summon conditions, the deck seems to center around lowering ATK, which seems fitting for a deck that mocks social justice. It also makes for a good combo starter with both of its effects Summoning more monsters.

Watcher adds to swarm potency and also protects your other warriors. This would make for a skillful play, since its ATK would drop to 0. 

Trender is legit. Since you can reduce its ATK to 0 and then use it as a material for a free -1 on your opponent, you’ll pretty much be better off than them as long as you summon it.

…I’m a little offended by Andro’s naming, especially since you originally wanted to call it shemale, but that doesn’t affect the usefulness of the card. It recycles materials, which can be useful, and inherent summons for more plays, in conjunction with the removal power of some of the other cards. It’s also a tuner, which means your plays will be diversified just by having it.

Seeing the amount of swarm this deck has is kind of painful, but the ability to bring back your Synchros is alright (I’m bad with effect timing is probably why I don’t like it).

Shieldmaiden is, uh, unique. I’d make its DEF much lower, since the only level 4 or lower monster I can think of with a lot of DEF is Destiny HERO Defender, and he has a negative effect. Also, Special Summoning it and Book of Eclipse isn’t fun, and is better than monsters of the same level with lower DEF and no effect.

Hashtag Warrior Justice is an OTK waiting to happen. Since it’s a limiter removal for all types, making Blade Armor Ninja literally spells doom for your opponent, since it doubles ALL monsters’ ATK, not just the hashtag warriors’. Basically, goblindbergh -> A guy -> an inherent summon -> make your opponent minus -> Blade Armor Ninja for effect -> Justice -> Attack twice at 4400.
Just a thought.

Hand Gap hurts. It really does. Considering you draw 4 cards from Skullbat/Monkeyboard, and two more if they Guitartle, two more for lizardraw…you can literally just draw 8 free cards at least and then drop a Shieldmaiden and set literally all their sheet. Like, “No, funk ignister, funk everything, Shieldmaiden, I +7 and set everything and make synchro plays.”
Sounds like a lot of fun to use.

Homecoming doesn’t seem too busted for now, but considering you can Double Summon AND get extra normal summons (that might not be how the ruling works), you could draw 2-3 cards on your turn just off of that. Other than that, it’s fine.

Gates…holy sheet. This is the most swarmy thing I have ever come across. Since you can just 3x Terraforming 3x gates 1x ROTA, it’s almost like Neverbrick™. Then they gain 500 ATK, which can both help and hurt, but for OTKing purposes, let’s assume it helps. Not to mention that they can’t be touched by monsters that target. 
Also, Halve*

i wAS JUST THINKING ABOUT funking SAFE ZONE WHEN I SAW GATE
Anyway, uh, Safe Zone, in conjunction with Gate, turns everyone into Beelze Jr.s for the turn. And then it’s an Upstart. Joy.
I think there’s a bit too much swarming and drawing going on. I haven’t seen the deck in action; this is just my first impression.

education oml kms
Not sure how much I like turning any of their Synchros into a Winda, but hey, twin twister and a cost.

Infestation seems worded weirdly. That’s all.

Sarkeesian doesn’t seem to be too special, although Yuki Onna is pretty annoying. It works as a synchro.

Shives could work for some destructive and defensive plays, due to the obvious. Reducing its ATK by 1000 might put it at very low ATK, though, which may be a hassle.

Moderator is honestly really underwhelming, unless you know you’re going to push for game. It doesn’t seem to add to the plays, and just adds ATK to your monsters and lowers opponents’ ATK, which could turn the game into Caveman Yugioh if you’re not careful.

Hope this helps

Yay reviews

Judging by Educator’s special summon conditions, the deck seems to center around lowering ATK, which seems fitting for a deck that mocks social justice. It also makes for a good combo starter with both of its effects Summoning more monsters.

Watcher adds to swarm potency and also protects your other warriors. This would make for a skillful play, since its ATK would drop to 0. 

Trender is legit. Since you can reduce its ATK to 0 and then use it as a material for a free -1 on your opponent, you’ll pretty much be better off than them as long as you summon it.

…I’m a little offended by Andro’s naming, especially since you originally wanted to call it shemale, but that doesn’t affect the usefulness of the card. It recycles materials, which can be useful, and inherent summons for more plays, in conjunction with the removal power of some of the other cards. It’s also a tuner, which means your plays will be diversified just by having it.

Seeing the amount of swarm this deck has is kind of painful, but the ability to bring back your Synchros is alright (I’m bad with effect timing is probably why I don’t like it).

Shieldmaiden is, uh, unique. I’d make its DEF much lower, since the only level 4 or lower monster I can think of with a lot of DEF is Destiny HERO Defender, and he has a negative effect. Also, Special Summoning it and Book of Eclipse isn’t fun, and is better than monsters of the same level with lower DEF and no effect.

Hashtag Warrior Justice is an OTK waiting to happen. Since it’s a limiter removal for all types, making Blade Armor Ninja literally spells doom for your opponent, since it doubles ALL monsters’ ATK, not just the hashtag warriors’. Basically, goblindbergh -> A guy -> an inherent summon -> make your opponent minus -> Blade Armor Ninja for effect -> Justice -> Attack twice at 4400.

Just a thought.

Hand Gap hurts. It really does. Considering you draw 4 cards from Skullbat/Monkeyboard, and two more if they Guitartle, two more for lizardraw…you can literally just draw 8 free cards at least and then drop a Shieldmaiden and set literally all their s***. Like, “No, f*** ignister, f*** everything, Shieldmaiden, I +7 and set everything and make synchro plays.”

Sounds like a lot of fun to use.

Homecoming doesn’t seem too busted for now, but considering you can Double Summon AND get extra normal summons (that might not be how the ruling works), you could draw 2-3 cards on your turn just off of that. Other than that, it’s fine.

Gates…holy s***. This is the most swarmy thing I have ever come across. Since you can just 3x Terraforming 3x gates 1x ROTA, it’s almost like Neverbrick™. Then they gain 500 ATK, which can both help and hurt, but for OTKing purposes, let’s assume it helps. Not to mention that they can’t be touched by monsters that target. 

Also, Halve*

i wAS JUST THINKING ABOUT f***ing SAFE ZONE WHEN I SAW GATE

Anyway, uh, Safe Zone, in conjunction with Gate, turns everyone into Beelze Jr.s for the turn. And then it’s an Upstart. Joy.

I think there’s a bit too much swarming and drawing going on. I haven’t seen the deck in action; this is just my first impression.

education oml kms

Not sure how much I like turning any of their Synchros into a Winda, but hey, twin twister and a cost.

Infestation seems worded weirdly. That’s all.

Sarkeesian doesn’t seem to be too special, although Yuki Onna is pretty annoying. It works as a synchro.

Shives could work for some destructive and defensive plays, due to the obvious. Reducing its ATK by 1000 might put it at very low ATK, though, which may be a hassle.

Moderator is honestly really underwhelming, unless you know you’re going to push for game. It doesn’t seem to add to the plays, and just adds ATK to your monsters and lowers opponents’ ATK, which could turn the game into Caveman Yugioh if you’re not careful.

Hope this helps

I changed Andro's name to Politician, gave Moderator a different effect, and buffed Sarkeesian to give her a better effect.

Archived