Naturia Snail

Cherz

[spoiler= v.1]

sCZ7dng.jpg

Effect: When your opponent activates a monster effect, you can negate that monster's effect and Special Summon this card from your hand. Monsters cannot use their effects the turn this card is Special Summoned, except "Naturia" monsters.

I7gartd.jpg

Effect: When your opponent activates a monster effect, you can negate that monster's effect and Special Summon this card from your hand. Monsters cannot use their effects the turn this card is Special Summoned, except "Naturia" monsters. If this card was Special Summoned, you cannot use it as an XYZ material.

[spoiler=Current Naturia Snail]

WD60ZRO.jpg

When your opponent activates a monster effect, you can negate that monster's effect, destroy it, and Special Summon this card from your hand. Monsters cannot use their effects the turn this card is Special Summoned, except "Naturia" monsters. If this card was Special Summoned, it cannot be used as an XYZ material.

Naturia hand trap that provides protection, and has synergy with Sacred Tree since it is an insect, and gets its effect when Special Summoned. I'm thinking maybe changing it to just protect naturia's, but I don't see this card being run over Ghost Ogre in non-nats, soooo yeah.

TdYY7f4.jpg

Effect: When your opponent activated a monster effect, you can negate that monsters effect and Special Summon this card from your hand. Monsters can not use their effects the turn this card is Special Summoned, except "Naturia" monsters.

Naturia hand trap that provides protection, and has synergy with Sacred Tree since it is an insect, and gets its effect when Special Summoned. I'm thinking maybe changing it to just protect naturia's, but I don't see this card being run over Ghost Ogre in non-nats, soooo yeah.

Aw... It's cute! I like it's effect, since it reminds me of Naturia Bamboo Shoot in terms of lockdown, and would work AMAZING with it. 

Just a few small grammatical issues. 

"When you opponent activated a monster effect" -----> "When your opponent ACTIVATES a monster effect"

"You can negate that monster effect" ------> "You can negate that MONSTER'S effect"

"Can not" ----> "Cannot"

Everything else is good, though.

Aw... It's cute! I like it's effect, since it reminds me of Naturia Bamboo Shoot in terms of lockdown, and would work AMAZING with it. 

Just a few small grammatical issues. 

"When you opponent activated a monster effect" -----> "When your opponent ACTIVATES a monster effect"

"You can negate that monster effect" ------> "You can negate that MONSTER'S effect"

"Can not" ----> "Cannot"

Everything else is good, though.

Thanks for the OCG fix! It was originally intended for Bamboo, since I find Landoise does a terrible job covering effects xD

It is now fix'd :)

I really, really like this one. Made me wish it was real. The first effect's quite strong, strong enough to really boost Nats. The level's just great too. Level 4 means it's not too useful as Synchro fodder but is still barely enough to say, get out Beast if Nats have a Lv1 tuner.

The second effect is too strong though, I think. Chances are you're going to activate this sucker in your opponent's turn, and it negates all monster effect activation for the turn. Even if the negation applies to you and even if you only bypass it with Naturias, it's still a hand trap that negates all monster effects on the field for a turn, and that's deadly enough. As I am aware, recent formats are rather effect-heavy so this guy could get pretty useful straight outta turn one. I say limit what this guy's useful for more, like a restriction preventing it from being used as Xyz material or so. It still makes the card fairly deadly but by limiting the use he has after you get it out I think it's still a fair enough card.

I really, really like this one. Made me wish it was real. The first effect's quite strong, strong enough to really boost Nats. The level's just great too. Level 4 means it's not too useful as Synchro fodder but is still barely enough to say, get out Beast if Nats have a Lv1 tuner.

The second effect is too strong though, I think. Chances are you're going to activate this sucker in your opponent's turn, and it negates all monster effect activation for the turn. Even if the negation applies to you and even if you only bypass it with Naturias, it's still a hand trap that negates all monster effects on the field for a turn, and that's deadly enough. As I am aware, recent formats are rather effect-heavy so this guy could get pretty useful straight outta turn one. I say limit what this guy's useful for more, like a restriction preventing it from being used as Xyz material or so. It still makes the card fairly deadly but by limiting the use he has after you get it out I think it's still a fair enough card.

I can agree with that. Nats don't really XYZ, so it is mainly just futher limiting its use in other decks.

This is strictly better Veiler. Every deck would run this, since it puts Rank 4 fodder on the field and isn't limited to opponent's turn main phase and even has a decent body.

And negating effects for the rest of the turn? So basically, after you summon this card, your opponent has to stop their turn there. And it's not a limitation to you at all, considering you will nearly always summon this during the opponent's turn. And, it offers nothing to Naturia aside from a good name and a way to trigger a couple of things. I suggest you remove the second effect or have it affect only you or nerf it in some way, and/or you change the first effect so it's exclusive to Naturia and actually supports Naturia.

Also, this is the worst misuse of the "Insect" type I've ever seen, but that's not your fault.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the Xyz restriction. Still, the effect prevention for the rest of the turn is so overwhelmingly powerful against combo-heavy decks like Dracopals, that it would still definitely be run over Veiler/Ghost Ogre. Especially in Monarchs. Heck, Monarchs would probably beat out Pals entirely with a toy like this.

This is strictly better Veiler. Every deck would run this, since it puts Rank 4 fodder on the field and isn't limited to opponent's turn main phase and even has a decent body.

And negating effects for the rest of the turn? So basically, after you summon this card, your opponent has to stop their turn there. And it's not a limitation to you at all, considering you will nearly always summon this during the opponent's turn. And, it offers nothing to Naturia aside from a good name and a way to trigger a couple of things. I suggest you remove the second effect or have it affect only you or nerf it in some way, and/or you change the first effect so it's exclusive to Naturia and actually supports Naturia.

Also, this is the worst misuse of the "Insect" type I've ever seen, but that's not your fault.

Well, thats why the xyz restriction is there. While I agree that it ends your opponent's turn there, Naturia stuff is all about locking down. I could probably make its first effect 'If you have a face-up' Naturia, you can activate its effect, but Idk.

Well, I edited my post. Though I didn't say much. 

Controlling a face-up Naturia? I guess that would work (is that just monsters or do S/Ts count too). I would suggest a gy float effect in that case, since Naturias seriously need to be faster. Maybe some sort of search effect.

Archived