Generic Fusions Revolution

Fluffyfish

Sup. I made this project because I believe the game would be more interesting if generic Fusions were part of it, just like Xyz and Synchros, so they could actually become the "Extra Deck Trinity" they are supposed to be. And to clarify, with generic Fusions I mean a monster that do not requires a specific archetype to work, and can be used by multiple decks (just being splashable, but requiring specific archetypes, a.k.a shaddolls, is not enough).

A generic Fusion is a monster that, if only by including a "Polymerization" in your Deck, you should be able to summon if your monsters are compatible as materials (without changing your core archetype and engine), it would be a really similar to tech a tuner in your Deck, just so you could expand the possibilities of your plays. A good example of existing generic Fusions would be "First of the Dragons" and "Dragonecro", cards that do not require you to drastically change what you are playing (you are still playing Normal or Zombies).

Unfortunately, as it is, generic Fusion Engines do not exist (at best you can splash half an archetype), thus its pretty unviable to expect the cards to work without losing huge advantage, thus creating a Fusion Engine that can work and help any deck is also part of this project.
And just to clarify, I'm against the idea of making Fusions inherently stronger simply because they require more dedication to summon. The best way to solve this is by improving the engine, not the Fusions themselves (which could screw the balance between Extra Deck monsters).

Another reason that generic Fusions would benefit the game is that Fusion Archetypes could actually have a decent range of possibilities (do you know what a Frightfur player does when the opponent summons an indestructible monster? And let's not get started at Lunalights). I also decided to focus more on making the material requirements more about Type/Attribute, mainly because it feels more right (you are still combining 2+ monsters together after all) and to give Fusions a more interesting difference between Xyz/Synchro (that base themselves mainly on Levels).

And eventually, we could have a game where Fusion, Synchro and Xyz are actually on par and balanced with each other as the "Extra Deck trinity". A player that likes Fusions can include a Poly and a compatible set of types/attributes in his/her deck, a player that enjoys Synchros can tech tuners and monsters of varying Levels, and a player that prefers Xyz can use multiple monsters of a single Level and/or Rank-up cards, or you could just mix all of them. All this without feeling like you are handicaping yourself by trying to play the way you want.

Also, I really think that Konami is actually trying to make generic Fusions a thing as well (the recent Fusion Monsters seems to imply they want fusions to be more accessible, and possibly techable as well). And if they actually want to go though what they said about giving all forms of summon an equal amount of support, this would be the most efficient way to achieve it. And with the "invasion" of Starve Venom, I believe it would be the most appropriated time to take this one step, so I'm looking forward to it.

And here are the cards:
[spoiler=Engine/Support]
[spoiler=Red String Emblem]
UvNDSjT.jpg

Level 3 - FIRE - Beast/Effect - 1600/1200
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 monster in your hand, then this card's type and attribute becomes the same as the revealed monster's until the End Phase.
I'm planning that you will probably want monsters with the same type/attribute for the most basic fusions. And we really need a generic on summon Poly searcher.

[spoiler=Swamp Servant]
EvoctgO.jpg

Level 2 - WATER - Spellcaster/Effect - 800/800
When a monster you control is targeted for an attack: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target that monster you control; it cannot be destroyed by battle until the End Phase. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials. You can only use each effect of "Swamp Servant" once per turn.
I'm expanding here the possibility of non-Poly generic Fusions. They are made to be on par with "Trump Witch" (which I think its a great card) and in general, to be less "reliable" than Poly Fusions. In general, I believe Poly decks are fusion-heavy decks, that can search Poly pretty much whenever they need and rely on cards like Fusion Reserve and Recovery for keeping their advantage. Meanwhile non-Poly decks would have more limited ways to Fusion (mainly only using monsters on the field) and would either require setup or wouldn't be easily retrievable.

[spoiler=Fusion Guardians]
m9HcpQh.jpg

Level 3 - WIND - Wyrm/Pendulum/Effect - 1400/1400 - Scale 6/6

Pendulum Effect: If exactly 1 Fusion Monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use this effect of "Fusion Guardians" once per turn.
Monster Effect: You can banish this face-up card from your Extra Deck; add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Fusion Guardians" once per turn.
This one is mostly for extra safety.

[spoiler=Fusion Monuments]
AxlLpDr.jpg

Level 6 - EARTH - Rock/Pendulum/Effect - 1200/2500 - Scale 2/2

Pendulum Effect: When you Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster: You can discard 1 card from your hand; add 1 of the monsters used as Fusion Materials from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Fusion Monuments" once per turn.
Monster Effect: If a Fusion Monster(s) you control is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or face-up in your Extra Deck, but banish it when it leaves the field. During your Standby Phase: Add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Fusion Monuments" once per turn.
I like the idea of getting your materials back. It doesn't give you any plus but you never know when you may need to use a monster as material that you would rather keep (or that combos with the Fusion you Summoned or something). 

[spoiler=Fated Connection]
xqWK5DO.jpg

Trap/Normal

When a monster you control is targeted for an attack: Negate the attack, and if you do, end the Battle Phase, then add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. When a card or effect is activated that targets exactly 1 Fusion Monster you control (and no other cards): You can banish this card from your Graveyard; negate the activation. You can only use this effect of "Fated Connection" once per turn.
Because Negate Attack is a good card. Anyway, I thought allowing a more passive playstyle would be interesting, and I just felt like a card that does attack negation + add Poly is something that should have existed for ages. The grave eff may be too strong tho, but the idea is that a more passive/slow playstyle would reward you with safety. I may change it for an attack negation on fusions.

[spoiler=Flashback Fusion]
1M5iURm.jpg

Trap/Normal
When a monster(s) you control is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 of those monsters; Special Summon it from your Graveyard, then, immediately after this effect resolves, Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster, using monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including the monster Special Summoned by this effect.
An interesting addition. You can try imagining yourself what this card would be able to do (specially in a world where generic Fusion are a thing).

[spoiler=Fusion Adjuster]
LtnYFRL.jpg

Level 6 - DARK - Machine/Synchro/Effect - 1300/2400

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck and choose 1 of the Fusion Materials listed on it, then this card's name is also treated as that monster's until the End Phase.
Pretty basic SYnchro that allows Fusion. Not sure how I feel about the Level 6 tho (would 7 or 5 be easier to achieve?), and I'm clueless if that second eff can work (there are no precedents, but I don't think there should be a problem).

[spoiler=Transcending Bonds]
ofrGwFp.jpg

Rank 4 - LIGHT - Fairy/Xyz/Effect - 1900/1200

2 Level 4 monsters
This card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz or Fusion Monster in your Graveyard. When this card with 2 or more Xyz Materials leaves the field: Special Summon all monsters that were attached to this card as Xyz Materials, then immediately after this effect resolves, Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster, using the monsters Special Summoned by this effect as Fusion Materials only. You can only use this effect of "Transcending Bonds" once per turn.
Weird card I agree. Well, it does bring a ton of possibilities within itself so I think I'd like to see it in action (2 Level 4 zombies? Shiranui Synchro/Xyz/Fusion variation when?)

[spoiler=Fusion Monsters]
[spoiler=Reckless Piranha]
5bpmuEi.jpg

Level 5 - WATER - Fish/Fusion/Effect - 2100/1000

2 WATER monsters
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials. When this card is Special Summoned: It gains 500 ATK for each WATER monster you control until the End Phase. If this Fusion Summoned card leaves the field: Target 1 card on the field; destroy it.
My basic philosophy here is that Attribute + Attribute (specially of the same) should be the weakest variation of Fusions. I need a way to balance based on how hard it is to Summon since the materials Levels doesn't matter

[spoiler=Colossal Geyser Worm]
N7DQIgi.jpg

1 FIRE monster + 1 WATER monster

While face-up on the field, this card is also FIRE-attribute. Once per turn, you can target 1 FIRE or WATER monster in your Graveyard; banish it, then apply the proper effect based on its attribute: •FIRE: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that banished monster's ATK, then this card gains ATK equal to the damage inflicted until the End Phase, also this card is unaffected by other monster effects until your opponent's End Phase. •WATER: Gain Life Points equal to half that banished monster's ATK, then all monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the amount gained, also this card is unaffected by Spell/Trap cards until your opponent's End Phase.

[spoiler=Vivious Chaos Knight]
4r7tq2V.jpg

Level 8 - DARK - Warrior/Fusion/Effect - 2500/2000

1 LIGHT monster + 1 DARK monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also LIGHT-Attribute. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can banish 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, banish that monster. When this card is targeted for a card effect: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. You can only use 1 effect of "Vicious Chaos Knight" per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=Swift Kenku Warrior]
2vnNnwY.jpg

Level 5 - WIND - Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Effect - 2200/1800

1 Beast-Warrior-Type monster + 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK
This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a monster with higher ATK than this card's original ATK: Return that monster to the hand, and if you do, this card loses 400 ATK. When this card leaves the field: Monsters cannot declare an attack until the End Phase.
Made with Lunalights in mind. They are the best in what they do already so this offers something else.

[spoiler=Artemis Priest]
CYW7Hmy.jpg

Level 5 - LIGHT - Fairy/Fusion/Effect - 2300/1900

1 Fairy-Type monster + 1 LIGHT monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials. Once per turn, you can target 1 Spell/Trap card on the field; destroy it. If a monster effect is activated that targets this card, or if this card is targeted for an attack: You can negate that effect or attack, and if you do, inflict 600 damage to your opponent. You can only use this effect of "Artemis Priest" up to twice per turn.
A present for Melodious. Whatever their playstyle is (I got a feeling I should support a more passive playstyle tho).

[spoiler=Fallen Nephthys Servant]
VNyXzi9.jpg

Level 8 - DARK - Fairy/Fusion/Effect - 2800/2500
1 Fairy-Type monster + 1 Fiend-Type monster
This card gains 100 ATK for each of your opponent's banished cards. This card can attack all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card attacks an opponent's Special Summoned monster: Negate that monster's effect until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Banish it instead of sending it to the Graveyard.
This one is for Frightfurs. You sure your monster is indestructible?

[spoiler=Duplication Machine]
suwEurU.jpg

Level 6 - LIGHT - Machine/Fusion/Effect - 1000/2500

2 Machine-Type monsters with different names
When you Summon a Machine-type monster: You can Special Summon 1 Machine-Type monster from your Deck with the same name as that monster. During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a Machine-Type monster(s) you control: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card and this card. You can only use each effect of "Duplication Machine" once per turn. 
Its a machine support. It should be abusable, mind you.

[spoiler=Beholder Moth]
xSyI5Nh.jpg

Level 7 - DARK - Insect/Fusion/Effect - 2500/2700

1 Insect-Type monster + 1 DARK monster
While this card is face-up on the field, other Insect-Type monsters on the field have their ATK and DEF halved and their effects negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 monster on the field; treat it as a Insect-Type monster until the End Phase. 
I had this artwork. And I like the idea of "Insect Infection". Dunno if any deck can summon this tho.

[spoiler=Endless Flame Cerberus]
DYDPrRM.jpg

Level 9 - FIRE - Fiend/Fusion/Effect - 2600/2000

1 Fiend-Type monster + 2 FIRE monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: It gains ATK equal to the number of monsters your opponent currently controls x 500. This card can attack up to 3 monsters your opponent controls once each per battle phase. If this card destroys an opponent's monsters by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half that monster's original ATK. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, take damage equal to half that monster's original ATK, then Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If Special Summoned by this effect, this card cannot attack for the rest of this turn.
Now I'm exploring the idea of higher tier Fusions (3+ materials). Should be boss-Level strong.

[spoiler=Ultimate Ice Serpent]
HdBgSLz.jpg

Level 10 - WATER - Sea-Serpent/Fusion/Effect - 3300/3000

1 Sea Serpent-Type monster + 2 WATER monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned: Negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field until the your opponent's End Phase. During either player's Standby Phase: All other monsters on the field lose 1000 ATK. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can negate the activation, and if you do, all other monsters on the field lose 1000 ATK.

Bonus Fusions

[spoiler=Millenar Dragon]
Hze8Zmf.jpg

Level 6 - FIRE - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 2400/2000
1 Dragon-Type monster with 1200 or less ATK + 1 Spellcaster-Type monster
When this card is Special Summoned: Roll a six-sided dice; then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the result x 200 and this card gains ATK equal to the result x 100. When this card is destroyed: Toss a coin. - Heads: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it. - Tails: Target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; destroy it.
I went all out on the Luck department. Joey would be proud

Elemental HERO Neos Contact
Level 8 - LIGHT - Warrior/Fusion/Effect - 2500/2000
1 "Elemental HERO Neos" + 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's original effect is the same as the Fusion Monster used for its Fusion Summon. If this face-up card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 "Elemental HERO Neos" and 1 "Neo-Spacian" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard, and these monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect until your next Standby Phase. If a Fusion Monster that lists "Elemental HERO Neos" as a Fusion Material would be shuffled into the Extra Deck by its own effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; that monster do not have to activate its effect to shuffle itself into the Extra Deck until your next Standby Phase.
I quite like Neos. But... their engine... is... so... bad... And Neo-Spacians need more connections with the other Heroes.

Twin Thunder Dragon
Level 7 - LIGHT - Thunder/Fusion/Effect - 2800/2100
1 Thunder-Type monster + 1 Thunder or Dragon-Type monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: Target 2 cards on the field; destroy them. When your opponent's Special Summons a monster(s): You can target 1 of these monster(s); inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK. You can only use this effect of "Twin Thunder Dragon" once per turn.
I kinda wish to make a retrain of Thunder Dragon and make it a full Fusion archetype... hmm... but this will do for now.

Performage Tamer Magician
Level 7 - LIGHT - Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect - 2500/2000
2 Spellcaster-Type monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of it, then take 1000 damage, also halve all battle damage your opponent would take this turn. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, or if this card in your possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Polymerization" and 1 "Performage" monster from your Deck to your hand.
Am I the only one who wants to see an Entermage Fusion? We need more Dennis.

[spoiler=Starve Venom Fusion Dragon]
ZlfcInZ.jpg

Level 8 - DARK - Dragon/Fusion/Effect - 2800/2000

2 DARK monsters
Negate the effects of all monsters on the field with ATK lower than this card's. During each player's Standby Phase: All face-up monsters on the field lose 500 ATK. When another monster(s) on the field loses ATK: This card gains 300 ATK for each of these monsters.
Now the famous. Pretty much the reason I made this project. I'm clueless what its effect will be, so I made something decent that by coincidence combos with Venom Swamp (I know they will give us Venom Support alongside Starve Venom, right? RIGHT!?).

Odd-Eyes Starve Dragon
Extremely Badass Artwork that will blow your mind
Level 10 - DARK - Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect - 3200/2500 - Scale 4/4
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, if you have no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: You can place 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone.
Monster Effect: 2 DARK Dragon-Type monsters
If you have exactly 2 cards in your Pendulum Zones which are originally Dragon-Type monsters, this face-up card in your Extra Deck is treated as Level 4 if it would be Pendulum Summoned. If this card is Fusion Summoned by using a Fusion Monster as a Material: The ATK of all monsters your opponent controls becomes 0 and they have their effects negated until the End Phase, and if you do, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each during each Battle Phase this turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can destroy as many cards in your Pendulum Zones as possible (min. 1), and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.
I'm still waiting when we will get more Dimension Dragons combinations (I'd rather have "Odd-Eyes Clear Dragon" than Crystal Wing tbh). Or more Pendulum ED monsters.

You can discuss below what you think of the idea, if it could work or if you think its actually going to be implemented or not someday.

You can just say what you think of the cards as well. Although I wished to take a bigger range of types/Attibutes, these cards here are mostly the idea on how I think Generic Fusions should be implemented (or how I would implement it). I mean, if I could get like 15 cards in a set to do something about it, it would be something like this (probably with more "realistic" materials tho).

I may add more stuff while this thread is alive (I wished to make a 2 dragons Fusion, but I could only think of Twin-Headed dragons).

And if you like the idea as much as I do, feel free to create as much as generic Fusions as you want.

Viva Diversity!

• 1 month later...

Starve Venom is Predator Plant Support not venom Support

First, you necrobumped this thread. 

Second, comment breaks the Advanced Clause. We don't know what Starve Venom even does yet (nor do we know what Predator Plants do either). If you wanted to comment in this thread, actually give more constructive critique than just this statement and actually check the last post date. 

LOCK.

Archived