Shinigami Insincerity

The Nyx Avatar

7aRmzfI.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn, during either player's turn: If a card would be sent to either player's Graveyard, you can banish it instead.

Monster Effect:You can banish 2 monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card attacks or is attacked by a Special Summoned monster: You can increase this card's ATK by 800 during the Damage Step only. When this card is Special Summoned: Banish 1 card from your Graveyard.

What was the aim for this card? Like is it graveyard control or what? What cards would benefit from being banished from the graveyard; potential use to clear traps out for treacherous Trap Hole or maybe clean out Spell/Trap cards for Super Heavy Sam's beyond that I can't think of this cards usefulness. Please enlighten me

What was the aim for this card? Like is it graveyard control or what? What cards would benefit from being banished from the graveyard; potential use to clear traps out for treacherous Trap Hole or maybe clean out Spell/Trap cards for Super Heavy Sam's beyond that I can't think of this cards usefulness. Please enlighten me

It was originally intended to impede Graveyard plays. Though, is my wording off? Should I change it to "either player's Graveyard" (as impeding opponent Graveyard plays is what I want in the long run)?

It was originally intended to impede Graveyard plays. Though, is my wording off? Should I change it to "either player's Graveyard" (as impeding opponent Graveyard plays is what I want in the long run)?

Well the change in wording does clear up slight confusion; I just meant what was its monster effect useful for? What cards besides a small few benefit from being banished from graveyard? Like I've got Wyvern and Necroface and maybe Ritual Beast beyond that there isn't a lot of possible play options for this card to be used, maybe some niche plays in Kozmo but I doubt it, so could you help me out as to what the cards monster effect would best be used for because the pendulum effect has obvious disruption plays to be made but again I'm confused as to what the monsters effect is useful for

Well the change in wording does clear up slight confusion; I just meant what was its monster effect useful for? What cards besides a small few benefit from being banished from graveyard? Like I've got Wyvern and Necroface and maybe Ritual Beast beyond that there isn't a lot of possible play options for this card to be used, maybe some niche plays in Kozmo but I doubt it, so could you help me out as to what the cards monster effect would best be used for because the pendulum effect has obvious disruption plays to be made but again I'm confused as to what the monsters effect is useful for

Necroface, sure. Though, it was intended to be a - for the user, while still being useful (moreso now that I replaced the "cannot attack" effect with an ATK gain effect).

Eh, I like you as a person on here, so time to give a Yuuji-Ranked review. Toyo will probably hate me, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Note: As a reviewer, I don't bother reading the reviews of others, sorry for any repeats. ;)

The Pendulum effect is like a toned-down version of Dark Law, because you can control which card you want to banish. Granted, although it is only OPT, it can get rid of nuisances such as Bulb and Tellars that usually rely on bringing themselves back from the Graveyard with effects. This card also has the limitation of only being able to banish when the card would be sent to the Graveyard, and only when 1 card would be sent at a time. However, this can still prove useful in the following areas:

For your opponent: Cards that rely on being sent to the Graveyard in order to trigger their effects. (Dante, Toy Vendor, Pantheism). This is really useful in slowing down plays as well as cutting combos short when they can no longer use the target that was supposed to be in the Graveyard.

For yourself: This would be very beneficial to Shiranui, D.D, and Kozmos to a certain extent depending on the build. Cyber Dragons as well if you're aiming to destroy Cyber Network to swarm the field with Cybers. Why go for 2 Infinity when you can have 3?

Monster effect: Banishing your own monsters for a Special Summon could prove to be very worthwhile in the long run. Running a BA and Phantom Knights hybrid Deck, or a Deskbot deck splashed with Speedroid Taketomborg and Terrortop, this card would be useful in building up a Rank 3 spam deck. Of course, 3 monsters is quite costly, but it'll be very helpful in the endgame to get cards like Nightmare Shark out. Or, as an alternative, you can strategically banish level 4 or lower monsters so you can make a Leviar and bring them back. (Again, this applies better to Shiranui). Another benefit is that you can get multiple copies out in a single turn.

The effect of going to 2500 ATK while battling Special Summoned monsters is quite nice as well. Crashing into cards like Stardust while running Dracopals or Magician Pendulums is not a worry as you can easily PS it back. Of course, it gets riskier when you continuously Special Summon him, since the monsters in your Graveyard will be going on at a rapid pace.

His Pendulum effect is much sweeter in my opinion though. It calls for more strategic plays, and I think that is what makes Yu-Gi-Oh exciting. Auto-Counters like Infinity are not as fun as effects like these. (Again, it's just my opinion).

Rating for monster effect: Name is a little iffy. having an ATK of 1700 is a little high for a Pendulum monster like this, especially since that it isn't a Normal Monster. Maybe reduce the base ATK to 1600 and have it gain a 900 ATK boost against SS monsters. However, it's a powerful card with risks attached because you're getting rid of your own monsters as well if you continue to use it as a monster.  (8/10)

Pendulum Effect: Really well designed. Brings more strategic aspects into Yu-Gi-Oh. A fair effect that wouldn't break your opponent, and would force both players to play with more tact and thought. Really enjoy duels like these as opposed to mindless beatdown decks or Stall/Burn decks. (10/10)

Overall rating for card: 9/10. 

Eh, I like you as a person on here, so time to give a Yuuji-Ranked review. Toyo will probably hate me, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Note: As a reviewer, I don't bother reading the reviews of others, sorry for any repeats. ;)

The Pendulum effect is like a toned-down version of Dark Law, because you can control which card you want to banish. Granted, although it is only OPT, it can get rid of nuisances such as Bulb and Tellars that usually rely on bringing themselves back from the Graveyard with effects. This card also has the limitation of only being able to banish when the card would be sent to the Graveyard, and only when 1 card would be sent at a time. However, this can still prove useful in the following areas:

For your opponent: Cards that rely on being sent to the Graveyard in order to trigger their effects. (Dante, Toy Vendor, Pantheism). This is really useful in slowing down plays as well as cutting combos short when they can no longer use the target that was supposed to be in the Graveyard.

For yourself: This would be very beneficial to Shiranui, D.D, and Kozmos to a certain extent depending on the build. Cyber Dragons as well if you're aiming to destroy Cyber Network to swarm the field with Cybers. Why go for 2 Infinity when you can have 3?

Monster effect: Banishing your own monsters for a Special Summon could prove to be very worthwhile in the long run. Running a BA and Phantom Knights hybrid Deck, or a Deskbot deck splashed with Speedroid Taketomborg and Terrortop, this card would be useful in building up a Rank 3 spam deck. Of course, 3 monsters is quite costly, but it'll be very helpful in the endgame to get cards like Nightmare Shark out. Or, as an alternative, you can strategically banish level 4 or lower monsters so you can make a Leviar and bring them back. (Again, this applies better to Shiranui). Another benefit is that you can get multiple copies out in a single turn.

The effect of going to 2500 ATK while battling Special Summoned monsters is quite nice as well. Crashing into cards like Stardust while running Dracopals or Magician Pendulums is not a worry as you can easily PS it back. Of course, it gets riskier when you continuously Special Summon him, since the monsters in your Graveyard will be going on at a rapid pace.

His Pendulum effect is much sweeter in my opinion though. It calls for more strategic plays, and I think that is what makes Yu-Gi-Oh exciting. Auto-Counters like Infinity are not as fun as effects like these. (Again, it's just my opinion).

Rating for monster effect: Name is a little iffy. having an ATK of 1700 is a little high for a Pendulum monster like this, especially since that it isn't a Normal Monster. Maybe reduce the base ATK to 1600 and have it gain a 900 ATK boost against SS monsters. However, it's a powerful card with risks attached because you're getting rid of your own monsters as well if you continue to use it as a monster. (8/10)

Pendulum Effect: Really well designed. Brings more strategic aspects into Yu-Gi-Oh. A fair effect that wouldn't break your opponent, and would force both players to play with more tact and thought. Really enjoy duels like these as opposed to mindless beatdown decks or Stall/Burn decks. (10/10)

Overall rating for card: 9/10.

Her.

Yeah; I knew Rank 3 engines would be able to use this, so I added that cost and mandatory effect.

And thank you.

Archived