[Leaderboard] Archlight Lux vs. Yuuji Kazami (Cards are up)

towitori

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends a week after it starts.

Requirement:

Make a generic Pendulum support

Card A:

Crimson Dragon Magician

FIRE / *6
Spellcaster / Pendulum / Effect
2400/1000
Pendulum Scale: 2
[Pendulum Effect]
If you have a "Magician" or "Performapal" card in your other Pendulum Zone: You can destroy both cards in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck with a Level equal to the combined Pendulum Scale of both those cards, but its effects are negated, and is destroyed during the End Phase. You can only activate this Pendulum Effect of "Crismson Dragon Magician" once per turn.
[Monster Effect]
When this card is Tribute Summoned or Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it, but this card cannot attack for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Crimson Dragon Magician" once per turn.

Card B:

Pendulum Princess Priscilla

Wind
Level:✪✪✪
[Psychic/Pendulum/Effect]
ATK/1000 DEF/1000
Scale 1

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when a monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can place 1 Pendulum Monster whose Level is less than or equal to the destroyed monster's Level from your Deck to your Extra Deck face-up, and it cannot be Pendulum Summoned this turn.

Monster Effect: When this card is Pendulum Summoned: You can pay 800 LP; add 1 "Pendulum" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Pendulum Princess Priscilla" once per turn.

Let's see...

Card A lets Magicians summon stuff up to Level 10 (though I doubt they'll go beyond Level 6-8 anyway); though it at least makes use of other low Scales for them. Right now, we don't have cards with separate L/R scale values, but when we do, there's going to be some issues about it with regards to this card's effect. The Meteorburst Dragon thing is nice though (and given the release of that new Synchro Pendulum), would be kinda cool to get it out again. (Oh wait, it'll likely pull this effect off the same turn it blows itself up, provided you can get the Scales set up again). And yeah, because it's a Magician (Pendulum), it gets access to whatever stuff they have now. 

Card B is a generic Scale 1 Pendulum, which is nice. Its effect is limited to destroying non-Xyz Monsters by battle (a reminder that Xyz do exist), but it is still good for setup otherwise (assuming you're willing to wait a turn to get it out). As for its monster effect, it grabs stuff like Call and the like (though aside from Call, I don't think the others are used very often; maybe bar Reborn or something, even though the others are indeed decent), though the drawback is that you have to P-Summon this first (but that is not much of an issue).

-----

Think I'll go with A this time around for being more active during the early game, but B is certainly good as well. 

Let's see...

Card A lets Magicians summon stuff up to Level 10 (though I doubt they'll go beyond Level 6-8 anyway); though it at least makes use of other low Scales for them. Right now, we don't have cards with separate L/R scale values, but when we do, there's going to be some issues about it with regards to this card's effect. The Meteorburst Dragon thing is nice though (and given the release of that new Synchro Pendulum), would be kinda cool to get it out again. (Oh wait, it'll likely pull this effect off the same turn it blows itself up, provided you can get the Scales set up again). And yeah, because it's a Magician (Pendulum), it gets access to whatever stuff they have now. 

Card B is a generic Scale 1 Pendulum, which is nice. Its effect is limited to destroying non-Xyz Monsters by battle (a reminder that Xyz do exist), but it is still good for setup otherwise (assuming you're willing to wait a turn to get it out). As for its monster effect, it grabs stuff like Call and the like (though aside from Call, I don't think the others are used very often; maybe bar Reborn or something, even though the others are indeed decent), though the drawback is that you have to P-Summon this first (but that is not much of an issue).

-----

Think I'll go with A this time around for being more active during the early game, but B is certainly good as well. 

Requirement:

Make a generic Pendulum support

"generic Pendulum support"

So... Card A satisfies the requirement better in your opinion? Do you mind elaborating your vote on the card requirement area?

Well, A is technically reliant on Ppals/Magicians to work so yeah, maybe it isn't as generic as it's supposed to be (well, Pendulum-wise). Being an OPT Meteorburst is still generic enough and that card is pretty nice for Decks that can make it; and generally should be fine. 

Put this way (in terms of generic stuff); A is effectively an OEMD (Meteorburst), whereas B can set up future P-Summons and search the aforementioned S/T cards. Personally, I'm not really fond of the delayed P-Summon for that card (whatever you add), but since the majority of the time, you're summoning during MP1, the wait shouldn't be an issue. Well, there's also the issue with Pendulum Rising, which is apparently getting good now. 

In terms of usability, A gets it for the reasons I mentioned earlier; though B is, again, a generic S1 and enables more Pendulum stuff. That in mind, B can also be P-Summoned with a larger Scale range; whereas A requires an upper scale of at least 7 (but you can still NS it, so that also helps). 

----

If I have to vote based on the theme, then B is certainly more generic (though in practice, A gets more done). 

[Note to self; do not grade cards immediately after early morning nap at college]

Well, A is technically reliant on Ppals/Magicians to work so yeah, maybe it isn't as generic as it's supposed to be (well, Pendulum-wise). Being an OPT Meteorburst is still generic enough and that card is pretty nice for Decks that can make it; and generally should be fine. 

Put this way (in terms of generic stuff); A is effectively an OEMD (Meteorburst), whereas B can set up future P-Summons and search the aforementioned S/T cards. Personally, I'm not really fond of the delayed P-Summon for that card (whatever you add), but since the majority of the time, you're summoning during MP1, the wait shouldn't be an issue. Well, there's also the issue with Pendulum Rising, which is apparently getting good now. 

In terms of usability, A gets it for the reasons I mentioned earlier; though B is, again, a generic S1 and enables more Pendulum stuff. That in mind, B can also be P-Summoned with a larger Scale range; whereas A requires an upper scale of at least 7 (but you can still NS it, so that also helps). 

----

If I have to vote based on the theme, then B is certainly more generic (though in practice, A gets more done). 

[Note to self; do not grade cards immediately after early morning nap at college]

Thanks for elaborating based on the requirements. I'm guessing you're sticking with your original vote then?

Leaderboard tournaments are usually dead nowadays; if 1-0 votes happen, then that's what you get. Then again, thing doesn't end until 22nd, but considering the circumstances right now, if you want to concede defeat already, then fine. 

I'll just lock this thread (and let Lux handle the other necessities).

Archived