Abandon all hope... "Dark Forest" Archetype [15/15]

NobodySovereign

(Decided to repost this topic, since it only got one response the last time it was up, and I don't wanna necro-bump. So, without further ado, let's give this another shot!)

The Lore

Somewhere in the Duel Monsters world, there exists a sprawling, shadowy forest which is said to thrive off of the feelings of despair and hopelessness of those who lose their way within. Strange creatures, appearing as shadows of themselves, hound would-be adventurers, and chief among them is the mysterious Hunter, who draws his power from the forest itself. One young man, though, may be able to light the way for others...

The Goal

The set has the interesting mechanic to banish cards face-down in order to fuel the effects of the DARK monsters in the set, with a couple of cards making use of this stockpile to increase their own power-- namely Herne and the Explorer, though they do so in different ways. As the odd duck out, and built-in counter, Explorer is immune to most of the dangers of the Dark Forest's natives, but be wary: fall ill in body or in spirit, and his life (and possibly yours) will pass into the crooked hands of the Hunter and his wicked creatures!

With it's ability to recycle face-down banished cards, and to banish Graveyard cards face-down, this deck can dodge some pretty tricky foes like Ghostricks, and Explorer is a soft counter (I believe) to Shaddolls. Enough Flip effects, and he could even take out boss monsters like Shekinaga. Songbird is a Tuner, allowing for a slew of general Level 8 synchros, and they can also churn out some Rank 4's with a little less certainty.

[spoiler=Monsters]

NxShHR1.jpg

Wolves of the Dark Forest

Ever the forest appears as the wolf at the door-- dangerous yet distant.

4/DARK/Fiend/1400 ATK/1700 DEF

FLIP: This card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase of your opponent's next turn.
Once per turn: You can banish the top 2 cards of your Deck face-down, and if you do, this card gains 800 ATK until your next Standby Phase.

sBDHgdy.jpg
Hart of the Dark Forest
Oft is it forgotten that the buck has not soft fur or kind eyes, but sharp horns and heavy hooves.

4/DARK/Fiend/600 ATK/2000 DEF
FLIP: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish the top 2 cards of your Deck face-down, and if you do, banish that target.
You can banish the top card of your Deck face-down, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Dark Forest" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use each effect of "Hart of the Dark Forest" once per turn.

NQs8HE4.jpg
Nightjar of the Dark Forest

What song flies on the winds when the moon is full but the dirge of the listener?

4/DARK/Fiend/1000 ATK/? DEF

FLIP: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; this card's Original DEF becomes equal to that monster's ATK.
This card can only be used for the Synchro Summon of a "Dark Forest" Synchro Monster. Once per turn: Excavate the top card of each Deck, then place each one on the top or bottom of their owner's Deck.

LhnKjd5.jpg
Explorer of the Dark Forest
We are all explorers of the unknown-- that dark forest that seems to go on forever.

4/EARTH/Warrior/1300 ATK/1200 DEF
This card is unaffected by Flip Effects. When a Flip Effect is activated: This card gains 300 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can target 3 face-down banished cards; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, this card can attack your opponent directly during each of your Battle Phases this turn.

dXqRkt6.jpg
Lost Soul of the Dark Forest
Fall ill or lose hope and your life will pass into His crooked hands.

4/DARK/Fiend/500 ATK/2000 DEF
FLIP: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls, then banish 1 card face-down from the top of your Deck.
Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then add 1 face-down card in your Banished Zone to your Hand.

eDk0sMP.jpg
Herne, Hunter of the Dark Forest

Come, wayward souls who wander through the darkness. There is a light for the lost and the meek.

Rank 4/DARK/Fiend/2100 ATK/1300 DEF

2 Level 4 "Dark Forest" monsters
While this card has an Xyz Material attached to it that was originally a "Dark Forest" monster: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material and shuffle all face-down banished cards into your Deck (max. 5); this card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each card shuffled into the Deck by this effect.

9qgr8GT.jpg
Herne, Master of the Dark Forest
There is only me. There is only my way. There is only the Forest and there is only surrender.

8/DARK/Fiend/2100 ATK/1300 DEF
1 "Dark Forest" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
When this card is Summoned: You can banish up to 3 cards face-down from the top of your Deck, and if you do, this card gains 400 ATK for each card you banished. Once per turn: You can add 2 face-down banished cards to your hand, then discard 1 card.

nL4G9Zy.jpg
Herne, Beast of the Dark Forest
Are you ready to see true darkness?

12/DARK/Fiend/3300 ATK/1300 DEF

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Close Encounter in the Dark Forest". Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is targeted by an opponent's card effect: You can banish 2 cards from the top of your Deck face-down; Negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card (this is a Quick Effect). While this card is on the field: Gain 300 LP for every card that leaves your Banished Zone.

[spoiler=Traps]

HzHAiCc.jpg

Foreshadow of the Dark Forest

Led through the mists by the milk-light of moon... all that was lost is revealed.

Normal Trap

Excavate the top 5 cards of your opponent's Deck, then place them back on the top in whatever order and each player draws 2 cards. This effect can only resolve if you control a face-up "Dark Forest" monster.

YzBIyxj.jpg

Embrace of the Dark Forest

Sorrow and fear are easily forgotten when you submit to the soil of the earth.

Continuous Trap

During each of your End Phases: You can change any number of face-up monsters you control to face-down Defense Position. During each of your Standby Phases: Banish the top card of your Deck face-down.

4atI2w0.jpg

Witching Hour in the Dark Forest

He lurks out there in the unknown, seeking those who are far from home, hoping never to let you return.

Counter Trap

When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated while you control at least 1 "Dark Forest" card, and all face-up monsters you control are "Dark Forest" monsters: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

[spoiler=Spells]

Uo3VTRh.jpg

The Dark Forest

Oh how the gentle wind beckons through the leaves as autumn colors fall...

Field Spell

Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed. During each of your Draw Phases: You can add 1 face-down banished card to your hand instead of drawing. Each "Dark Forest" monster you control gains 500 ATK and DEF.

nIUbKg1.jpg

Dawn Breaks on the Dark Forest

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come.

Quick-Play Spell

Banish up to 5 cards from your Graveyard face-down, also, flip as many face-down monsters you control as possible to face-up Attack Position. While this card is in your Graveyard, except the turn it was sent there: You can banish this card, then add 2 face-down banished cards to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Dawn Breaks on the Dark Forest" once per turn.

IvdcjTM.jpg

Twilight Road of the Dark Forest

Half way along the road we have to go I came to in a gloomy wood...

Continuous Spell

Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, then Special Summon 1 "Dark Forest" monster from your hand or Graveyard in face-down Defense Position. During each of your End Phases: Banish the top card of your Deck face-down.

wgWvDBe.jpg

Close Encounter in the Dark Forest

I'm only trying to help you...

Ritual Spell Card

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Herne, Beast of the Dark Forest". Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or banish "Dark Forest" monsters from your Graveyard face-down whose Level exactly equals 12. If you control no monsters: You can banish this card and 1 "Dark Forest" monster from your Graveyard face-down; add 1 "Dark Forest" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Close Encounter in the Dark Forest" once per turn.

Well, well. A grim looking, forest based archetype of DARK souls. It reminds me of one o' my old archetypes...

Enough about that, though. Let's have a look-see at the cards themselves, hm?

Wolves: A nice little wall of a monster that can also become a decent size beater for a relatively negligible cost. Personally, even though it can gain 800 by itself, it's base ATK looks awfully low while it's DEF seems really high considering its FLIP protection. Simply, it seems highly unlikely to have this guy in face-up DEF without it already being shielded under its FLIP effect.

Hart: (the stats on the card is different from the text underneath it) The Man-Eater bug of the set. This one's stats make sense and allow it to survive an early game hit. It is also a play progresser that opens the Deck to XYZ plays and (possibly even more important) the Graveyard. Of note though, that Soft-OPT on the swarm effect could be problematic. I can't think of any loops, but having 2 on the field at the same time has the potential to be really silly.

Songbird: (might I suggest the species name "Nightjar"? It sounds more darkly thematic than Songbird) This... This is actually really amusing. I was writing a ygo story with me and my bros and one of the fake cards I used had the same exact FLIP effect. Anyways, that effect seems fine. The second effect is a bit more confusing based on how it's worded. Do you choose for each separately (ie. put your card on top theirs on bottom)? Or do you put both in the same location in their respective decks? Either way, it'll need to be slightly reworded. Regardless, it seems fine as-is.

Explorer: This guy seems... Really slow to be honest. However, it is the crux of the deck as it's the main way to retrieve the banished stuff. Its stat boosts are also way too meager, especially considering it's reliance on the already slow FLIP mechanic. Thematically, it makes sense, but it's just too slow/weak that he wouldn't be used if the archetype could help it. I'd recommend boosting its stats and turn its self-boost effect to something that ups the speed of the deck (point-destruction, monster flips, draw power, etc.)

Lost Soul: The FLIP effect on this seems fine, a little counterpart for Hart. It's second effect though... It nabs a card from the Graveyard. 2 problems: 1 the effect is completely moot considering the cost is basically cancelling it out. 2 the deck really doesn't utilize/put stuff in the grave in the first place. Hart gets away with it since it works with the Hand and it can fetch itself from the Graveyard. I'd suggest a complete switch of its second effect to something more generally usable by the deck.

Hunter: I'm... Not sure why this is semi-generic. I have a little policy that I like to keep in mind when making extra deck monsters: If it's generic, make it generic. If it's semi-generic, make sure it has a usable niche among other effects. If it's archetype specific, go wild in supporting the specific archetype. Essentially, where I'm going with this is that this card is semi-generic, but is nigh unusable outside Dark Forest. That said, I'd recommend making it archetype specific (and then possibly you could boost its stats slightly. It is, after all, the deck's main beater).

Master: I really like this card. It gets over the current mega-bosses and it actually makes use of the banished monsters in a much better way than Explorer. I think it's fine as-is.

(will talk about Beast when I get to the ritual spell)

Foreshadow: This... I don't like. Not for the sake of this deck (it could definitely use the speed), but for stuff like chain burn and Exodia. It's essentially an free, unrestricted draw 2 and you can give your opponent bad draws. You can also use this on your turn to go for game as well as stack multiples of these.

Embrace: Seems fine. It's a powerful FLIP monster support, but they really need it. Honestly, I would make the banish the top card as a mandatory upkeep cost rather than an optional effect, though you can keep it as is and it'd still be more than fair (since being an unprotected continuous trap leaves it with a fair few weaknesses anyway).

Witching Hour: (You could probably take a look at the cards Yosenju's Secret Move for wording) Archetype counter trap. I really don't have anything to say about it as it isn't anything that hasn't been seen before. It's fine as-is.

The Dark Forest: Self-protection, Banish draws, and stat boosts, oh my. It appears very straightforward, though the wording might need a bit of cleaning. On the plus side, it turns Hart and Lost Soul into more annoying walls and an attack into Songbird is 500 damage at least. The banish draws also give you a way to prevent yourself from decking out, while keeping, basically, your Deck accessible.

Dawn Breaks: Well, well... This card is something. Both effects are quite powerful in their own rights. The FLIP support aspect of this card completely trumps Book of Taiyou in every way. It flips multiples AND it's quick-play. Further, outside Dark Forest, you can use its "banish from graveyard" effect to trigger its "add 2 banished cards" effect. Basically, this card is "add up to 2 cards from your Graveyard to your Hand". Even the restriction on the adding effect is moot as you can simply activate this on your opponent's turn, then use the Graveyard effect at the start of your turn. Like Foreshadow, this card is really good on its own, but is actually way more likely to boost other decks way more than Dark Forest.

Twilight Road: It seems similar in premise to Embrace. Both are continuous, they have the same secondary effect, yadda yadda. This one seems a lot more useful to the "Dark Forest" archetype directly though. Since there isn't any kind of restriction on it, it'd most likely be "discard a Dark Forest, Special Summon that discarded Dark Forest". It's safe and effective if a little bit bland.

Close Encounter/Herne Beast: Honestly, I'm a little surprised that the ritual spell didn't banish the monsters face-down for the summon considering the lore. The grave effect of the ritual is nice, though again, they don't actually have that much in the way of putting stuff in grave quickly.

The Beast is really foreboding. However, going -3 in advantage for a monster whose only effect is target protection seems... shockingly pitiful. True, target protection is valid, but with Raigeki, Dark Hole, Torrential, the plethora of Mirror Forces as well as Utopia the (Boss slayer) Lightning able to take it down at a much less cost than it takes to summon this, it definitely doesn't live up to the effort it takes to Summon. Perhaps an on-summon/death effect, or a continuous effect could be added to actually make this guy more of a threat.

Overall, I really enjoyed this set though it still needs some work. It could definitely use some more stuff that affects/is affected by banished monsters as well as stuff that helps put 'em in the Grave to be banished or revived easily. Other than that, just some text revisions (I'm not really great at that, but other peeps on here are) are needed, and this archetype looks good to go!

I've made a number of changes based on the suggestions you've given:

- "Songbird" is now "Nightjar", and its effect text has been cleaned up.

- "Explorer" now (hopefully) has an effect with a bit more of a punch, trading an extra attack for a direct one.

- "Lost Soul" now helps cycle your cards.

- "Hunter" now is an Archetype only card, as makes sense. I opted not to change its stats or effect, since it's supposed to be mostly the same as "Master".

- "Close Encounter" / "Beast" got tweaks. The ritual now banishes face-down as it should have, and "Beast" rewards you for recycling cards.

- "Foreshadow" now has an archetype restriction.

*Le sigh*

Of course Konami would suddenly make a card that makes points of mine completely useless...

With the reveal of Pot of Cupidity, I have to change my mindset on a few of these, specifically those that affect banished face-down cards and whatnot.

First and foremost... Hunter can probably go back to being semi-generic (* le sigh*).  It now fills a very usable niche in that it shuffles back the 10-30 banished face-down cards from the Pot(s) that would (before the Pot's release) normally be hard to achieve outside this archetype.

Suddenly, Explorer becomes a much more useful generic option for a nice powerful direct attack effect, though still relatively slow otherwise.  However, that slowness can now be justified as it can be splashed in more decks fairly easily.  Ditto for Lost Soul.

The Dark Forest field spell completely circumnavigates the downside to Cupidity.  That, by itself, is hilarious and again, offers use to other decks.  It's not as advantageous being splashed in other decks as the previous three, but yeah, it could be helpful and could make "Dark Forest" an engine.

I just found it very humorous that I commented on these guys (admittedly, pretty close-mindedly as they really couldn't interact with many other cards in the game) and their relation with face-down banishment... and then Cupidity was revealed.  Kinda how my luck falls, I guess.  Heh.

Oh boy, I'll enjoy reviewing this one, =D

Wolves: A Flip Effect that protects itself until the opponent's next End Phase, interesting. This can either occur defensively, when your opponent attacks and you have a invincible wall for one turn. Otherwise, aggressively, when you Flip Summon this card, activate OPT effect for a boost, and attack with the protection effect. I'm assuming the banishing FD and the Flip effects are going to be the major themes for this deck. Let's see if I'm correct.

Hart: Might be a little too generically powerful for having 2000 DEF and the banishing effect, even if its cost is banishing 2 cards FD. I'm only saying this because the secondary effect to jump out another Level 4 from the hand or Graveyard without a cost really powers this card. To fix this, take away the Once per turn and add "You can only use each effect of "Hart of the Dark Forest once per turn. This prevents the swarming of Harts in the occurrence that you have one on the field and 2 in your graveyard. This creates an infinite loop.

Hart 1 -> Hart 2 -> Hart 3 -> Cannon Soldier Hart 1 and 2 -> and so on. Would recommend reducing DEF to 1600 as well because this card is very powerful with its effects.

Nightjar: This is a fun card with its effect. Really interesting, and can control what's on the top or bottom of each player's deck. There's definitely going to be a fun combo with this one. No red flags here. In fact, you can even add "This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position" to make it more unique.

But, due to its Level being 4 and that it's a dark Tuner, I would recommend some level adjusting with these guys. Having Level 4 Dark Tuners aren't good for the game. You could then add to some of these guys "If this card would be treated as material for the summon of a "Dark Forest" monster, its Level becomes -Insert Level-. Alternatively, add this effect to one of the S/T that stays on the field, but reduce the level of Nightjar by 1 atleast.

Explorer: Effects seem fair, since it returns the banished cards as cost to attack your opponent directly.

Lost Soul: This one is fine as well. This can be a candidate to have the Level changing effect.

Herne Hunter: A beatstick that relies on the the theme, nice. I don't think the first part is required, because of the 2 Level 4 "Dark Forest" monster requirement. However, I guess that cards like COTH can bring it back, and if it cannot be destroyed by battle, then it can be debated to be an annoying wall. It's up to you to decide to edit this one or not, but it isn't required. It seems fine the way it is.

Herne Master: Because his effects are rather powerful, I'd recommend reducing the ATK boost to 400. 3300 ATK and being susceptible to removal makes it pretty fair, considering its second effect to add banished cards by discarding 1. 3600 is a little too much for a Level 8 Synchro combo generator, regardless or archetype.

Herne Beast: Oh... I see what you were attempting here. Well, from the amount of support for this guy, dropping the attack to 3300 wouldn't be a crime for a level 12. His secondary effects make up for it. I'll re-check the ritual as well to see if I can make up for the attack drop.

Foreshadow: This card is somewhat hard to answer. I can't exactly see how this would lead the archetype in the long run, because they rely on Flip Effects mainly, so I'm sure that they shouldn't be able to do anything ridiculous. Then again, test it on Duel Portal for yourself and see if a hard OPT limitation is required.

Embrace: This is a very strong candidate for being a Level changer, being a continuous trap. I'll recommend the change to only "Dark Forest" monsters though. Pot of Taboos is still a thing, and could be abused if a generic card like this existed.

Witching: A little powerful for a Counter Trap with no cost. A pure "Dark Forest" deck can run this easily, but maybe add some kind of additional cost, such as discarding 1 card.

Forest: Another candidate for Level changing. Nothing red-flag on this card, except the boost makes Hart's Defense too high. This is why I recommended reducing the DEF.

Dawn: I think this one you have to limit each effect to a hard OPT. For example, if all 3 copies of this card gets into your Graveyard on the turn prior, you can get a +6 on your opponent's turn if you have enough cards banished FD. Otherwise, it seems fine.

Twilight: Candidate for Level changing. It seems okay, but you should test it on Duel Portal. If it becomes too much, limit the card by making the effect usable only once per turn or that you can only control 1 copy.

Encounter: Pretty much a Nekroz float card. Because of the level altering, you can change the effect to be monsters with Levels 12 or greater, since only Dark Forest monsters can be banished from the Graveyard to make it more fair. This card can be really overbearing, so I'd recommend the limitation to be "You can only use each effect of "Close Encounter in the Dark Forest" once per turn, since this could set up the devastating combo with Dawn.

Overall, a pretty decent archetype. Combos are rather unique, although the infinite loop is still there. Currently, it's at a 4.5/10 due to the infinite loop. After edits, it should be around 7/10 or 8/10 for sure.

EDIT: OMFG hahaha this thing is going to be coming out. You're going to need to re-work this greatly. XD

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349372-pot-of-cupidity-909/?do=findComment&comment=6830095

Oh boy, I'll enjoy reviewing this one, =D

Wolves: A Flip Effect that protects itself until the opponent's next End Phase, interesting. This can either occur defensively, when your opponent attacks and you have a invincible wall for one turn. Otherwise, aggressively, when you Flip Summon this card, activate OPT effect for a boost, and attack with the protection effect. I'm assuming the banishing FD and the Flip effects are going to be the major themes for this deck. Let's see if I'm correct.

Hart: Might be a little too generically powerful for having 2000 DEF and the banishing effect, even if its cost is banishing 2 cards FD. I'm only saying this because the secondary effect to jump out another Level 4 from the hand or Graveyard without a cost really powers this card. To fix this, take away the Once per turn and add "You can only use each effect of "Hart of the Dark Forest once per turn. This prevents the swarming of Harts in the occurrence that you have one on the field and 2 in your graveyard. This creates an infinite loop.

Hart 1 -> Hart 2 -> Hart 3 -> Cannon Soldier Hart 1 and 2 -> and so on. Would recommend reducing DEF to 1600 as well because this card is very powerful with its effects.

Nightjar: This is a fun card with its effect. Really interesting, and can control what's on the top or bottom of each player's deck. There's definitely going to be a fun combo with this one. No red flags here. In fact, you can even add "This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position" to make it more unique.

But, due to its Level being 4 and that it's a dark Tuner, I would recommend some level adjusting with these guys. Having Level 4 Dark Tuners aren't good for the game. You could then add to some of these guys "If this card would be treated as material for the summon of a "Dark Forest" monster, its Level becomes -Insert Level-. Alternatively, add this effect to one of the S/T that stays on the field, but reduce the level of Nightjar by 1 atleast.

Explorer: Effects seem fair, since it returns the banished cards as cost to attack your opponent directly.

Lost Soul: This one is fine as well. This can be a candidate to have the Level changing effect.

Herne Hunter: A beatstick that relies on the the theme, nice. I don't think the first part is required, because of the 2 Level 4 "Dark Forest" monster requirement. However, I guess that cards like COTH can bring it back, and if it cannot be destroyed by battle, then it can be debated to be an annoying wall. It's up to you to decide to edit this one or not, but it isn't required. It seems fine the way it is.

Herne Master: Because his effects are rather powerful, I'd recommend reducing the ATK boost to 400. 3300 ATK and being susceptible to removal makes it pretty fair, considering its second effect to add banished cards by discarding 1. 3600 is a little too much for a Level 8 Synchro combo generator, regardless or archetype.

Herne Beast: Oh... I see what you were attempting here. Well, from the amount of support for this guy, dropping the attack to 3300 wouldn't be a crime for a level 12. His secondary effects make up for it. I'll re-check the ritual as well to see if I can make up for the attack drop.

Foreshadow: This card is somewhat hard to answer. I can't exactly see how this would lead the archetype in the long run, because they rely on Flip Effects mainly, so I'm sure that they shouldn't be able to do anything ridiculous. Then again, test it on Duel Portal for yourself and see if a hard OPT limitation is required.

Embrace: This is a very strong candidate for being a Level changer, being a continuous trap. I'll recommend the change to only "Dark Forest" monsters though. Pot of Taboos is still a thing, and could be abused if a generic card like this existed.

Witching: A little powerful for a Counter Trap with no cost. A pure "Dark Forest" deck can run this easily, but maybe add some kind of additional cost, such as discarding 1 card.

Forest: Another candidate for Level changing. Nothing red-flag on this card, except the boost makes Hart's Defense too high. This is why I recommended reducing the DEF.

Dawn: I think this one you have to limit each effect to a hard OPT. For example, if all 3 copies of this card gets into your Graveyard on the turn prior, you can get a +6 on your opponent's turn if you have enough cards banished FD. Otherwise, it seems fine.

Twilight: Candidate for Level changing. It seems okay, but you should test it on Duel Portal. If it becomes too much, limit the card by making the effect usable only once per turn or that you can only control 1 copy.

Encounter: Pretty much a Nekroz float card. Because of the level altering, you can change the effect to be monsters with Levels 12 or greater, since only Dark Forest monsters can be banished from the Graveyard to make it more fair. This card can be really overbearing, so I'd recommend the limitation to be "You can only use each effect of "Close Encounter in the Dark Forest" once per turn, since this could set up the devastating combo with Dawn.

Overall, a pretty decent archetype. Combos are rather unique, although the infinite loop is still there. Currently, it's at a 4.5/10 due to the infinite loop. After edits, it should be around 7/10 or 8/10 for sure.

EDIT: OMFG hahaha this thing is going to be coming out. You're going to need to re-work this greatly. XD

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349372-pot-of-cupidity-909/?do=findComment&comment=6830095

I think that if I put in a maximum for Hunter's effect, that basically takes care of the problem Cupidity poses. He's the only one who really could abuse that. I'll go ahead and go make edits to the cards based on your suggestions.

Huzzah, changes have been made. Followed most of your advice, Yuji, but for Nightjar I just gave it a Rubic effect of "only for my own archetype, suckers".

I really just couldn't see myself running Pot of Cupidity with this, just because I'm a purist... But even if I did, it's just a fuel provider, and running at 3 would still hamstring this deck.

Huzzah, changes have been made. Followed most of your advice, Yuji, but for Nightjar I just gave it a Rubic effect of "only for my own archetype, suckers".

I really just couldn't see myself running Pot of Cupidity with this, just because I'm a purist... But even if I did, it's just a fuel provider, and running at 3 would still hamstring this deck.

No, that's good. if you're looking to increase the speed, add Instant Fusion and Norden, because you still have some time before the upcoming format. This could make quick Omegas with the Level 4 Tuners if you decide to splash some of them in.

But, if you really want to remain a Purist... You can change the Deck to a slower playing style with Pot of Duality and floodgates. Otherwise, there's no harm in adding a few more cards to your set. Add something similar to a Rota for a search, or something similar.

Due to the changes: This deck is now given a rating of 8/10. If you keep re-working, it'll go higher for sure. Remember to make sure it doesn't become overpowered!

Archived