Bulwark from the Stars

Lunar Origins

Bulwark from the Stars

[ Level 8 // LIGHT ]

[ Warrior / Synchro / Effect ]

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.

When this card is Summoned:  Return all other monsters you control to the Deck.  You cannot Summon.  If the only monster you control is "Bulwark from the Stars":  Negate the effects of all non-Synchro Extra Deck monsters on the field, in the hand and Graveyard, and in the Extra Deck.  When this card switches battle position:  Swap its ATK and DEF.

[ ATK: 0 / DEF: 3500 ]

Shiranui Sage for GG?

I mean, yeah, it's not a perfect GG, but it's better than other Towers for less effort, in exchange for a weakness to.. Raigeki and Dark Hole?

It does far too much for far too little, and you're not even punished for reviving it, moreso with Oasis of Dragon Souls or Soul Charge, which can revive another synchro to ladder with, potentially.

Then there's Omega. This card is completely funking stupid with Omega.

It means during your turn, your cards are completely online, but when your opp tries to play... oops omega disappeared guess my skill drain is on line.

Way, way too strong, and taking a turn to be in DEF doesn't make it more balanced.

I really like the card, mainly because it's in and of itself anti-meta. The ability to change its colossal stats around help greatly to get around decks like Kozmo, and being a skill drain is pretty sweet.

The problem is, it's a skill drain, mind drain, AND soul drain, plus the extra deck, all in one. That's basically 2 cards to negate everything. 

Sure, you can out it easily with a raigeki or something, but most people aren't maining raigeki anyway. 

If I were to balance this card, I would suggest making the skill drain much less potent, possibly just for effects on the field, so that he can be:

1. Veilered

2. Kaiju'd

3. not nearly impossible to deal with

Attack gain is really not important: He would have to be summoned in defense and then changed to attack in order to pull that off, which (sadly) is quite a grace period. 

I would also change his level so that he's harder to bring out. Level 8s are just really easy to pull out of your ass, what with Luster (even though he has a clause) and Speedroids. It's about as generic as a rank 4, quite frankly.

Hope this helps

Its downside is irrelevant, considering it locks your opponent from playing the game while it's on the board. It forces your opponent to generate outs w/o monster effects, which affects every major deck. It also has a 3500 back, then a 3500 face, making it very difficult to deal with when there's no removal. Basically, you can just throw this card out after you've established your board and generated resources, and it locks your opponent if they have no direct Spell/Trap removal (and even if they do, that considers they aren't getting beaten to death by other monsters you controlled before summoning this). Floodgates should be very delicately handled, especially when they're generic and one-sided.

Archived