Galaxy Wyvern [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Galaxy Wyvern

LIGHT ****

Dragon/Effect

During either player's turn, you can discard this card and target 1 level/rank 4 or higher monster on the field; all monsters currently on the field become the level of that target until the End Phase.

1900/1400

It's a great tech card. Not only can it screw up Synchros, it can also possibly mess up Xyz if you have the right monster on the field. For example, if I were to play against D/D/D and they have something that's ready to make some kind of Nightmare such as Titanic galaxy, I can discard this to mess up their Levels to something that makes them hard to Xyz Summon, or otherwise unfavourable to make in the current game state.

Aside from that, it can also support Xyz Summoning of the R8 or higher monsters because it converts all of their Levels to one specific Level. Not only that, it lasts as long as they aren't removed from the field, unlike the usual Level changers who unfortunately last only until the End of the turn. 

Honestly, I'd prefer you buff this to not limit only to Level 5 or higher. Why not make it a better tech by giving it a free Level scale from Level 1-12? I think it's because you're fearing abuse with Decks like BA and PK, but honestly, this card doesn't really benefit them that much as their heavy benefits are from the R3 monsters. Also, maybe Gagaga's will see more play with this card existing? 

Personally, I don't think that buffing this card would break the game. There's nothing in YGO right now that would capitalize this card to the point of unfair abuse. 

Thanks! I wanted to post my own thoughts on what this can do, but I was half asleep when I wrote this. Anyway, I actually did miss something that I meant to do: it can also target Xyz monsters and change monsters' levels to be the same Rank as them.

What I was thinking (in my dazed, half-asleep mind) as I made this was that I wanted to make a card that could help summon that new Galaxy Xyz (as mediocre as it is) while also being a really useful search target for Galaxy Soldier. This can help during your turn to go into Rank 5s, Nova (if used with other appropriate materials), or even Ultimaya if used with a tuner. On the defensive side, I think you pretty much hit all the points. With its slight change, now you can interrupt their plays even if you only have an Xyz on the field.

As for allowing all levels... I guess I can change it to work for 1-4 as well, but I did want to keep the Galaxy monsters' flavor of "high levels" more than practicality on that front. In any case, besides Ultimaya, a level 1-4 modulation would really benefit Synchros over Xyz monsters, something that I did not want to touch. However, since Galaxy does work with level 4s as well, I'm fine with putting that as the lower limit.

Archived