Quantum's Fragment [OOC/Started/Not Accepting/Co-Hosted by Kazo & JustYui]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wanna know how it's going to be handled when everyone is above 14.

I just discussed this with Sonic, and here's how it's going to work.

Everyone so far is either 15 or 16, making everyone either a sophomore or a junior. This conveniently means that a single teacher can be created for each of these grades, and the students of the appropriate age will be all put together in that class. I'll be making the teacher for the junior class, but we're unsure if Sonic or Sai will take the sophomore teacher.

As for how we can get intermingling amongst the classes, it's going to be a rather simple system. Some parts of the school day's schedule, such as lunch, will be shared by all classes. That gives all the students a chance to hang out with those from other classes. In addition, the school's dorms (we'll figure out how to assign these to you later) will not be restricted by class, so a 15-yr-old could share a dorm with a 16-yr-old, allowing for even more chances to interact with students from other classes. There won't be entrance exams in this RP, since it'd be kinda pointless when nobody attends them lol.

On the note of ages, Skaiai's edited his app to lower August's age by one year, and I will be doing the same with Aurora immediately after this post goes up. This is because the ages were rather skewed (3-8) after I tallied them all up, so now the numbers are 5-6 instead.

I'll get back round to your updated powers and personality some other time, probably early tomorrow.

Other Notes: You actually don't have a personality or bio yet ._.

Any particular reason you can both switch sexes and effectively change powers with it? Why is the sex-change power even necessary anyway? I get where you got the inspiration from (probably), but that character never saw the light of day anyway, did they? >.>

You didn't include the girl form's measurements either. You're not sick or something are you?

Actually, that character was perfectly accepted. The RP it was in fell flat however, and quicker than most RPs do as well. Kind of an unfortunate case :/

As for why I'm missing the female form's measurements, I couldn't be bothered visiting random.org that day.

In any case, the whole concept was that my guy, while having access both to fire attacks and ice attacks, can't use both elements at the same time and has to change between two different forms to do so, hence the name of the fragment being Fire & Ice. The magical sex-change power was just quite literally the first thing I thought of which would help me to keep them separate. Don't judge me >:\ 

...Thaaaat's where I'm finding this strange.

You see, a Null-Type, is a person whose Quantum Fragment ISN'T awoken yet (i.e. my character Cole Stetson). It will get awakened through the RP, but I put it there because I didn't want to wait until it actually does awaken to post his Fragment on my App and risk it being taken.

That said, in the bolded sentence, you said it's already awoken. Soooo, this wouldn't make your character a Null-Type in the slightest. Unless, you can answer me this, WHEN did he unlock his ability to use his Fragment? Was it just recently? Was it when he was younger?

Yeah, I suppose that it is a mistake on my part for not elaborating enough, and with the mistakes.

I had meant Kira for awakening his fragment at a young age. I suppose that you can interpret it as he survived the accident thanks to his powers, by inhibiting his own wounds with them subconsciously (traumatic event). However, after aging, he had no idea on how to control or use it, since he has no recollection of his early years as a baby.

Basically, he has the powers of a complete human (Or as I assumed a Null-Type), even if his fragment is already active.

It was a misinterpretation on my part. I mean, I assumed that how the Null-Types were diagnosed is the fact that they exhibit some sort of sign that they possess a Fragment, such as Kira's heterochromic eye that glows under stress or battle. 

So I put him as a Null-type, even if his power has already awakened. If a Fragment didn't know how to use their powers, but they know that it's there, then wouldn't they also be treated as a Null-type? <---- I appear to be wrong here from my initial interpretation.

I think also I mixed up Fragment and Quantum in my initial submission, so it could have contributed to the errors as well, sorry.

Thanks to Aix for also mentioning the problem about the ages. 

To Yui: I'll probably be taking up on your offer once I make the re-edits. If you would look at them for me after the revisions, it would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

In any case, the whole concept was that my guy, while having access both to fire attacks and ice attacks, can't use both elements at the same time and has to change between two different forms to do so, hence the name of the fragment being Fire & Ice. The magical sex-change power was just quite literally the first thing I thought of which would help me to keep them separate. Don't judge me >:\ 

Judging you is literally my job if it's about apps.

If I may suggest a way to separate them, direct your attention to Shouto Todoroki, a character from Boku no Hero Academia who actually has a very similar Quirk to your Fragment. He can only use fire with one hand, and can only use ice with the other. Other ways to separate the two would be based on the time of day, only being capable of using fire or ice if you use it with both hands, et cetera.

If I may suggest a way to separate them, direct your attention to Shouto Todoroki, a character from Boku no Hero Academia who actually has a very similar Quirk to your Fragment. He can only use fire with one hand, and can only use ice with the other. Other ways to separate the two would be based on the time of day, only being capable of using fire or ice if you use it with both hands, et cetera.

Hmm... I dunno. I'd rather not rip off a character from the very show this RP seems to be based off if I can avoid it (though the thought of firing ice from one hand and fire from the other would've been cool had it not already been done), and the day/night method sounds impractical as fuck.

I guess I can give the former another look over though, but I'm still leaning towards the "two forms" idea.

It's time we talked about deadlines, buddy. Chop chop.

Slow down there, Flash. There's still a few things we need to figure out before we talk about deadlines, as well as a couple NPCs that need finishing (by which I mean one that needs finishing and one that needs to start existing in the first place).

Slow down there, Flash. There's still a few things we need to figure out before we talk about deadlines, as well as a couple NPCs that need finishing (by which I mean one that needs finishing and one that needs to start existing in the first place).

lame and gay

[spoiler=//sheltered intellectual]

9yp4B6e.png

"..."

Personal Information

Name: Isabelle Underwood

[spoiler=Appearance]Source: http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53718272

Pretty under that messy hair. It falls on her face quite often though, covering it up. Her height is 170 cm and she has a very thin and frail build.

6Z9hOqy.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]Of course, the first word anyone would use to describe Isabelle is shy. She is an archetypal introvert; she has trouble with people, she gets nervous, she gets stuck on what to say and stammers, and she ends up retreating from social instances if at all possible. Anyone who thinks most introverts just don't want to talk is wrong. Isabelle will speak when there's something meaningful to be said or if there are topics that interest her... at least she'll try, but she may chicken out. Sometimes, one may get the imagery of a small animal from her, especially when she is most often found curling up in comfortable places, asleep because she is unable to control her sleep schedule. She is quite disorganized and the places she inhabited are a mess.

Despite her meekness, she holds strong opinions on everything from politics to the meaning of heroism. She feels committing to heroism validates her existence. To her, heroism is the most beautiful thing in the world; it is an aggregation and symbol of all the good in humanity, thus it can be seen as a pinnacle for humans to aim for. As such, she feels very gratified in any acts of altruism. She is also a highly principled and rule abiding girl, if there's something that can make her speak out, it would be immorality and wrongfulness. This can be seen as a negative however, as she can be quick to criticize despite her otherwise cowardly nature.

Her love of books, logic problems, and other intellectual pursuits as well as her habit of constantly thinking make her a capable mind. What makes her into a tactician, however is how she gets abnormally focused in emergency situations due to the phenomenon commonly known as the Zone. At these times, she is capable of articulating clearly albeit quietly.

However, most of her knowledge comes from books and she yet lacks real experience.

[spoiler=Biography]There is nothing spectacular about Isabelle's background. She was born to a well-off class family in Albany, New York. Her mother is a doctor while her father, a teacher, ended up staying at home to homeschool her because she coukd not control her powers as a child and presented a threat to others and herself. Slowly, she learned to use her powers on her own.

As soon as she was old enough, she enrolled into Mar-Vell Academy, but mostly kept to herself during her freshman year.

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information

Alias: Undine

Element: Water

Fragment: Mirror Lake

[spoiler=Costume]Isabelle's costume is a black dress with draped black fabric along with black thigh high socks and black shoes. The material is extremely light to allow for inhibited movement and made to absorb light so it appears almost pitch black. The purpose of the outfit is to be able to increase surface area for absorption and increase light absorption

Picture: http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=56047921

[spoiler=Abilities]Isabelle's ability, Mirror Lake, is a reality bending ability based on the properties of water. She is capable of making her physical form like water; she retains her shape, but hitting her feels like hitting water and temporaily distorts her physical form with splashes and ripples. Any physical objects stuck in her body are pushed out once her water form ends. Any attack, force other than gravity, radiation, energy, vibration (including sound) or special power that touches her is absorbed by her aqeuous form as vibrations or ripples which she can then release again, thus using attacks against her attacker, releasing sound, etc. She can only take her water form for one second at a time and only once every five seconds. She can also not absorb anything while releasing something. Absorbing something causes her to shake, the more energy she absorbs the more she shakes. While the upper limits of what she can absorb is extremely high, anything stronger than a hand grenade can only be held for thirty seconds at most before she must release it. Smaller amounts of energy can be held for up to three days.

As of now, she is not capable of releasing more than one thing at a time and it must be exactly the same as what she absorbed.

Her water form can absorb the dimensional cut of the Judgement and the vibrations within her can be amplified with vibration and sound manipulating abilities.

iU8EggM.png

Other Information
Theme:

[spoiler=Hadley Fitzpatrick]

big_thumb_6c5fd9f31ead467e00217a3b5d4b0d

"Idiots; Every last one of ya."

Personal Information

Name: Hadley Fitzpatrick

Appearance: 

[spoiler=Character image]

Hadley stands at five feet and seven inches, with long black hair that reaches her waist. She weighs in at 137 pounds. 

Personality: Hadley is a very blunt girl who will always tell you exactly what she thinks of you, usually with a fair degree of outrageous language. She is somewhat short-tempered, and can be quick to give a bit of a tap even to people she likes. She very much enjoys her time alone, and especially doesn't appreciate being dragged out to act as a superhero all the time. When asked why she doesn't find it exciting like the other kids her answer is very simply: "Are you a damn idiot? I could die!" 

That being said, she doesn't slack off on assignment so much as try to eliminate threats as quickly as possible. She is a very upstanding, responsible person, who does what she has to do even if she doesn't like it, though you'll certainly hear plenty of complaining along the way. She does hold herself back, perhaps unconsciously, the incident of her powers awakening always in the back of her head. Hadley more than anything just wants complete control of her power, not to use for the greater good, but to keep everyone around her safe. All she wants is a quiet life with her music, and she considers Mar-Vell a double-edged sword in that regard. 

She doesn't like to talk about herself, and often changes the subject her own personal life comes up. Hadley doesn't have that many friends at the academy, though she recognizes that it's just because of their different goals. She has described it to her parents often as "They came to save others, I came to save myself."

Biography: Born of Irish and French parents in downtown Dublin, Hadley has always been a girl quick to speak her mind and even quicker to start a fight. Moving to her mother's home country, just south of Paris, she constantly got in trouble at school for fighting kids who would make fun of her for her heavy Irish accent. She found it very difficult to make friends for the first few years of her schooling. That changed a lot when she was nine and was signed up for a piano class by her mother. She found she had a bit of a natural flair for it, though she certainly wasn't a genius at it or anything. She really enjoyed music, and went on to also learn the guitar.

It was known by the abnormality in her pinky toe that she likely possessed a Fragment, but it wasn't until she was just a few weeks shy of fourteen that the nature of its power was found out. Hadley had a piano recital while she was sick with a fever. She went to the recital regardless of the fever, thinking she could tough it out. She only got worse, and it was further compounded by her first menstruation starting several minutes before she was scheduled to go on. Relentlessly mocked by the many classmates who saw the blood dripping down her leg, the embarrassed Hadley knocked a few kids down before she reluctantly went out to play her piece, just wanting nothing more than to go home. The first key she hit caused the entire piano to explode, the soundwave injuring many people in the recital hall, including herself. She spent a few weeks covered in bandages, and for the first time in her life she was always quiet, never speaking, terrified to make any loud noise at all and cause something else to blow up. 

Her worried parents were quick to contact Mar-Vell Academy, hoping they could help their daughter. Though Hadley was VERY anxious about being on a plane, she eventually made the journey to New York when she was fifteen, where she has been enrolled ever since. Since enrolling, she has learned not to set off her power by mistake, though accidents will occasionally happen around the fiery-spirited girl. She is one of the few students in the school who has gained a reputation for actively disliking acting as a superhero, as she came only to control her power and bury it forever.

Combat Information

Alias: Echo
Quantum Classification: Air
Quantum Fragment: Sound Manipulation

Appearance: 

[spoiler=Hero image]602135.jpg

Abilities: Hadley's ability is the magnification and weaponization of sounds. Sound waves can be highly amplified by her to the point where they are several times louder than they originally were, and the waves can be focused to the point where they can be aimed by Hadley. Currently it's hard for her to manage too much noise at once, and she can easily lose control if she is trying to weaponize multiple sounds at once, which can happen easily if she can't separate them in her ear. Sudden spikes in volume also can cause a loss of control. Hadley carries a set of wind chimes into battle, preferring to have control over the sound she uses, though the wind chimes are not powerful enough in tandem with her powers to seriously hurt anyone. Her Fragment activating is noted by her eyes changing to a glowing purple.

Other Information

Hadley has seven years experience in playing the piano and five in the guitar.

She also enjoys cooking, being especially practiced in French and Irish foods, an odd combination indeed. Hope you like souffle and potatoes.

Her hero outfit was partially meant as a joke, as she picked the least fitting one she could (an Asian-inspired one when she was French-Irish, thinking there was no chance in hell she'd be allowed to wear it out on assignment. She was proven wrong. 

Hadley's favorite color is red.

Okay, true believers, my turn to review. Just a note, have not read Yui's reviews, nor am I as good as him. Here we go.

FIRST!
[spoiler=The Blind Sightseer]

JSheFSZ.jpg
"One slightly-overcooked cute girl, coming up!"

iU8EggM.png

Personal Information

Name: Usagi Yoshida

[spoiler=Appearance]k0LngVl.jpg
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 113 lbs

[spoiler=Personality]
Usagi is generally a person in high spirits who thinks with her heart first, and her brain second. It doesn't take any real observation skills to tell her mood at any given time, nor her intents. She's very upfront and outgoing, but couldn't keep a secret if her life depended on it. Ultimately, she wants to visit lots of different places across the world and have lots of fun in all of them. Getting to help people is also nice. When she's not just off doing whatever she wants, Usagi's pretty benevolent like that, and doesn't mind doing some questionable things if it's for a good cause.

One of the first things people will probably learn about Usagi is that she's a free spirit in pretty much every way. She's got a huge whimsical streak and will try all sorts of things just because a passing feeling told her to go for it. She's also got quite the sense of humor, which helps her not take most things seriously. She's the kind of girl who firmly believes laughter is the best medicine, and uses a light-hearted demeanor and a strong sense of humor to keep herself and others nice and healthy. For someone who can't see, Usagi's also very fond of exploring new places and learning new things about people all over the world. If she put even half the energy she puts into having fun into studying, Usagi could make one hell of an anthropologist.

With others, she's warm and open at worst. Simply not being her enemy is the only criteria for Usagi to consider somebody a friend, and she treats her friends the same way she'd want them to treat her. She's positive, eager to be with others, and supportive to a fault when somebody's in need. She's the girl who would go beyond walking an old lady across the street, and get her home then help her cook dinner. Time spent with others is best spent having a blast together, or working together to do something worth working hard toward, and not a second of somebody's life should be spent feeling down. Life's too short to let doubt, sadness, or its friends take control of so much as a single day, after all! As long as she's got anything to say about it, there's never a dull moment or drab day with Usagi around.

That said, Usagi might be a little too high off her in-the-moment lifestyle. She doesn't think about the consequences of her actions before acting, which can get her into trouble fairly often. She's also very impatient and has a hard time waiting for things or staying in one place for long. In addition to this, it's not uncommon for her to fail in taking something seriously when it really is something she should be worried about, which can cause her to look or sound insensitive. Arguably worst of all is her apparent inability to slow down from her mile-a-minute lifestyle and emotional state. She won't stop for anyone, and getting left in her dust isn't something she thinks is her fault. This one's a pretty big problem since it only amplifies many of the other flaws mentioned here.

While she probably wouldn't ever admit it, there are a few things that can stop even Usagi dead in her tracks. For one, she flat-out refuses to set foot in an airplane, and will actively avoid fire whenever possible. For someone who's so socially open with others, she's also quite adverse to making physical contact with people. She's particularly sensitive about people touching her face, and dislikes being seen without her goggles. In fact, in the unlikely event that one catches Usagi off-guard and gets her out of her element, she's a surprisingly anxious and insecure girl. One could even say she lives the way she does to pretend she isn't.

[spoiler=Biography]
Usagi Yoshida is the eldest child of four and heir to the Yoshida Corporation, a company in Japan that has been working hard to create ever more breakthroughs in the virtual reality department. One trope that had always amused her in that regard was the protagonist's parents always being across the globe on business trips, leaving their child behind. As the one who would someday inherit the company, Usagi was often brought along with her parents on business trips to learn the tricks of the trade up close. This not only made her a cunning negotiator, but ultimately led to the day where her Fragment would be revealed.

During a flight to Moscow, an engine malfunction led to the plane going down. The passengers - including Usagi herself and her parents - were of course panicked. After the flaming aircraft hit the ground a couple hundred miles short of a Russian airport, many of the passengers didn't even manage to get out alive. Usagi only managed to do so because the pilot had cut her seatbelt with a knife, saving her from a melted buckle and a burning demise. However, of the survivors, she was perhaps the closest one to dying, with burns all over her body and her optic nerves having burned out from the light and heat. This plane crash may have cost Usagi her eyesight, but it gave her a Fragment in exchange.

The next few months were Usagi's all-time low point. Unable to leave the hospital of a foreign nation due to second and third degree burns over the vast majority of her body, with a scarred body and no eyesight, Usagi's parents had to take a leave of abscence from work to watch over her and her recovery. The burns healed themselves with time, but adjusting to her newfound blindness was a much bigger hurdle to overcome. She had to learn how to read braille, navigate a room without being able to see anything inside it, and more tasks she never thought she'd actually have to learn. During all this time, she wasn't able to fully satisfy her strong wanderlust, leaving her antsy and restless during her time in Russia. Keeping her Fragment a secret from everybody around her didn't make her time any less stressful.

As soon as she was healed up, Usagi's family demanded she return home immediately. Refusing to fly again after her near-death experience, the train rides across Russia and subsequent boat trip back home gave her more time to adjust to and accept that she wasn't going to see anymore. And upon returning to Kyoto, it was back to the hospital, but for a different purpose. Having just recovered from her burns, her family wanted Usagi to have skin grafts done over her burned body, both for the reasons that it would make for a more pleasing leader's face in time, and that her folks couldn't stand the sight of Usagi with her burn scars. That was more months spent in the hospital, for surgery and rehabilitation from having almost all the skin on her body replaced. Although most of her skin was grafted with no problem, Usagi adamantly demanded her face remain as it was. It's uncertain why she made this demand, but it's most likely that she wasn't comfortable with anyone touching the areas around her eyes.

After her full recovery, Usagi at last revealed her Fragment to her family. She then announced her intentions to join Shounump Academy, and become a hero that protected the people. Her siblings were more structured and wiser than she was anyway, she had said, and would make better CEOs for the Yoshida Corporation. Donning a pair of modified goggles made by her family's company and carrying some essentials, a superhero suit made for her, and enough money to keep her afloat for a few months in an emergency, Usagi set off, vowing not to return to her family again until she'd made her dream a reality.

She then just barely fell short of meeting Shounump's requirements for joining the school. Dejected, she stayed at a hotel for a couple of weeks while she figured out what to do. Her attention was soon directed to America, where Mar-Vell Academy could be found. She could definitely meet the school's standards if she was so close to joining Shounump, and thus packed her bags and purchased a boat ride and subsequent train to Manhattan.

Now in the States, Usagi's a girl with a plan to become a hero and save everyone from the bad guys.

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information

Alias: Hummingbird
Quantum Fragment: Double Vision

[spoiler=Appearance (hero)]
Usagi's costume as Hummingbird features a bright pink bodysuit with black details. These details include a network of circuit-like lines along the arms and legs that converge upon a ring surrounding a small bird on the costume's chest, and the name "Hummingbird" written along the back, between Usagi's shoulders. Beneath her name is a bird similar to the one on her chest, but a little bigger, having more room and all. Hummingbird's costume also includes a black helmet made of reinforced plastic with a number ofsmall holes around the mouth & nose area for the purpose of making it possible to breathe in the costume. This helmet also has a rather distracting, cartoon-like smiling mouth and eyes drawn on it in the same bright pink as the bodysuit.

[spoiler=Abilities]
Double Vision is an ability that allows Usagi to create an illusionary copy of herself that can either move autonomously or according to commands Usagi issues. The illusion body is capable of making sound as well, but will disappear if struck or if Usagi dispels the illusion. Through hard training, Usagi has also become able to create a second illusion while the first one is active, but this can quickly wear her down if both illusions remain active. As of now, she's not able to spawn more than three illusions in a five-minute period without greatly tiring herself out.

iU8EggM.png

Other Information

The goggles on Usagi's face come with a customizable and interactive LED display that shows a pair of simple eyes. The display changes the eye display based on movements of the wearer's facial muscles, replicating the eye expressions of the wearer. Additionally, there is a button on the side that cycles through a few colors for the eyes. In order, they go green, blue, red, yellow, pink, white, then green again.

English is not her first language; she speaks it quite well, but not fluently. Also appends honorifics to names since she's been doing so her entire life.

This is literally the same character from Aethertouched, and I'm okay with that. Her power is interesting, for sure. 

Since my one Co-Host has brought their app up...I shall indulge in it as well.

[spoiler=The Null-Type]

LeFDItS.png

"It's alright if I don't have my Fragment yet! I'll show them...I'll awaken it and prove that I CAN be a hero!"

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information
x393wz.jpg
Name: Cole Stetson
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance:]
rtuJRuR.png

Depicted above is Cole Stetson's general appearance. However, the gloves, the long sleeved jacket, nor the scarf are present. However, a short sleeved hoodie in a dark gray is present.

Cole stands at 5'7" and is a tad bit lanky, with not a whole lot of muscle. He's a teenager, so this isn't too out of the ordinary. Also, his eyes are sapphire blue instead of what are depicted.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personality:]
Free spirited and free willed, two things that could be classified under Cole. Despite his life throwing curve balls his way, he always finds a way to smile, mostly in part because of his girlfriend Barbara. He hates those who look down on those like himself (Null-Type or a normal) and does what he can to step in, usually resulting in getting made the punching bag.

Cole has a tendency to show out and off, in order to get noticed by others. His reasoning could be either classified as for his heroics or stupidity, but all that's known is that he goes the extra mile to show that he is fact still around. He is both energetic and takes initiative with whatever he has in front of him, no matter the difficulty or danger. He doesn't think of himself a leader, but given a situation, he would take point if needed...it's just the matter of people listening to him.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Biography:]

"I'll get it...my moment to stand in the spotlight. It'll come one day..."

Cole Stetson was born in the United States in the small state of Tennessee. He lived there alone in an orphanage, not knowing his parents at all. Cole didn't know what happened to his parents but all he knew was that he was dropped off at the orphanage at a very young age. And from the day he got in there, he did his best to show out and be seen...which usually resulted in him being beaten down by the other kids and their Fragments.

To him, he felt like he was just another kid that no one cared about. However that ended up changing when fate brought him to meet his soon to be longtime friend and future girlfriend: Barbara Rhodes. He met the young girl and from there his life was changed. Barbara's parents took the child in and adopted him into their family. For once, Cole felt happy and like he belonged somewhere. However, his antics were still obviously there, getting in trouble that is. Regardless, Barbara was always there to defend him after he got in trouble, which threw her into the mix of the punishment as well. Though through this, Stetson kept living his life...even when he found out he was a Null-Type. He knew there was something out there for him...that he could change the world one day...if he ever got the chance.

Eventually he did. His little acts of spontaneous "heroics" (more along the lines of craziness) caught the eyes of those in Mar-Vell Academy, one of the leading schools for those gifted with a Quantum Fragment...a school that brought out heroes. With a determination, Cole accepted...knowing this was his moment.

x393wz.jpg
Combat Information
x393wz.jpg
Alias: Velocity (After Fragment is awoken)
Quantum Classification: Null-Type (At Start) -> Air (After)
Quantum Fragment: Mach
x393wz.jpg
2NU5Tm3.png

Cole's Velocity costume is also heat resistant, allowing for him to run to his heart's content, without his clothes bursting into flames with his generated heat.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Abilities:]
Enhanced Speed - Upon awakening Mach, Cole/Velocity is able to run much faster than others. However, because of not growing up with this Fragment, Cole will have difficulties controlling his speed. However, this speed isn't just targeted to make Cole run faster. He can use this Fragment in other ways:

• Later, Cole can spin his arms in a circle at a fast rate in order to create tornadoes.
  • At a high enough speed, Cole can use the initial force and put it all into a punch or kick.
Enhanced Durability & Reflexes - Upon awakening Mach, Cole's body durability and reflexes are enhanced than they previously were. With his new enhanced durability, Cole can now run as fast as he can without his body immediately dealing damage due to the immense speed. And with his heightened reflexes, this allows Cole to act in response to any attack quicker than he would before.

x393wz.jpg
Other Information
x393wz.jpg
Cole's Theme (Alternate #1)/(Alternate #2) | Battle Theme

• Cole Stetson's name is actually an version that is based off my YCM Username Cole - Chaos, Stetson - Sonic.
  • The character, Cole, was originally my character insert of the main character in a fic I was planning of the same name: Quantum's Fragment.
  • Cole's girlfriend, Barbara, has an inspiration taken from the character: Barbara Gordon, the comic book character that was Batgirl. This was due to the fact of my love for Nightwing (Richard "Dick" Grayson) and her relationship together.
  • Cole's Wind Fragment title: "Mach", originally had other naming ideas. However, the choice of this title was used in homage from a fic by YCMer, Black known as The Historian Chronicles, in which a character by the name of Leon had an ability known as "Mach 7" (iirc), which of course, made him a speedster. Speaking of this character, he was also the reason for the second alternative theme.

I'm not too sure about this. I mean, just look at his costume! It's Nick's hair color! Cheater. /sarcasm

Tactical cohost incoming!

[spoiler=Big Blue]

ma5G6mo.png?1
"I'm not a hero because I want your approval. I do it because I want to!"

Personal Information

Name: Nick Biri

[spoiler=Appearance]wbn636G.png
Height: 5'11
Weight: 200

[spoiler=Personality]Nick is a confident person, believing he is the very best, like no one ever was. He has a superiority complex, which drives to be number one and the best at everything. He doesn't like when people look down on him, as if they were superior to him; it's one of the fastest way to anger him.

Despite this drive to be number one, he is very laid back, often pausing to smell the roses or flirt with a woman. He believes that those with powers should use them to protect those without them... however, he also believes those with powers are superior to those without them, and is not afraid to point that out.

He likes to appear as if he was perfect, but in reality, when no one is looking, he trains and practices hard, both his powers, and how to keep up his appearance of a perfect person. On the occasions he is less than perfect, he will get flustered and attempt to flee the scene immediately.

[spoiler=Biography]Nick is the son of a famous hero known as Big Blue, who helped him control his powers from a very young age. He also instilled Nick's sense of right and wrong, although the inflated ego is all Nick.

West Philadelphia, born and raised. In a playground were he spent of his days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, shooting his lightning outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in his neighborhood. He got in one little fight and his mom got scared. She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Mar-Vell'.

Ever since then, he has been living with his aunt and uncle, who got him admitted to Mar-Vell.

Combat Information

Alias: Captain Thunder
Quantum Classification: Fire/Wind
Quantum Fragment: High Voltage

[spoiler=Appearance (hero)]6Cz40Ph.jpg

[spoiler=Abilities] Nick has the power to generate electricity, and use it to power devices, overload them, or just shoot lightning from his fingertips.

Other Information

[spoiler=Symbiotic Hero]

HGx4ZNH.jpg?1
"I'm weak. I know that much. No one has to tell me I have no chance. And yet, I must try. It's not about winning or losing!"

Personal Information

Name: Altair Sol

[spoiler=Appearance]
UfdBNoh.png
Height: 5'9
Weight: 200

[spoiler=Personality]
Altair is one that thinks lowly of himself. He wasn't born with his power, he got it by dumb luck, and he feels inferior to those that were naturally born with their powers. He still will try his best though, as he's doing this to help people. He just can't help but to compare himself to others.

He is a quiet and artistic boy, loving to draw and read. He has a bit of a hard time making friends, but when he does make friends, he tries to be the best friend he can be... maybe a bit too much.

Nova has his own personality, and it is brave, cocky, and playful. He usually only talks to Altair, but if something makes him mad, he will directly yell at a person. He usually lets Altair control the body, but if he feels like he needs to, he will take over the body...

[spoiler=Biography] Altair was just a normal boy for the longest time, living on a farm and working there all his life. His friends all were granted amazing abilities from a young age, like being able to fly, grow to enormous heights, and even command the weather. Altair, however, remained normal. He would always look to the sky and wish to himself that he could awaken his own power.

One day while working on the field, he found a box with a strange symbol engraved on it. He reached out, picking it up, when suddenly a black liquid seeped out of it, covering his whole body and causing him to black out!

When he woke up, he saw his body inside of a suit, and a voice spoke to his head. It claimed its name was Nova, and long ago, he was sealed away in this box and was banished from his home, although he did not go into why. He crashed landed in this field and has been alone ever since. He then notes Altair had no powers, and offers a deal. If Altair became his host, he would give the young boy powers. The two bonded, and had been together ever since.

Combat Information

Alias: Shatter Man
Vessel: His Vessel is a suit that is almost like liquid. It is a sentient being named Nova, and has bonded symbiotically with Altair.

glgTMlf.jpg?1

[spoiler=Abilities]
This suit enhances his strength and reflexes. It can also form tools and weapons by reforming itself. It can not fly, but it can make wings to glide, or tentacles to swing from.

Other Information

(to be filled later)

Best apps, 10/10.

[spoiler=The Bloody Antihero]

BXRamZ5.jpeg

"Giving criminals a second chance is okay. However, do they deserve a fourth? A fifth? A cell won't stop them from lying, cheating, and hurting others, but a bullet certainly will."

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information
x393wz.jpg
Name: Kira Ousawa
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance]GFSIZiC.jpeg

Kira's appearence when he takes off his glasses which hides his left red pupil. It has a lens on the left side that changes the colour to match his right one, in order to not stand out to others who look at him on the outside. He is usually dressed semi-formally, although he has no qualms against wearing casual clothes either. Usually prefers wearing black as his primary colour of choice for his clothing.

Kira stands at around 5'7'' and is slimly toned, enjoying physical activities such as swimming and badminton.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personality]
Kira is the individual who prefers to act out on what he himself believes to be right, and tends to ignore the beliefs of others. Personally preferring to be a lone wolf, Kira is not against conversing with acquaintances or classmates, although he tends to be distant if anyone wishes to build a deeper relationship with him. This is due from his constant abuse throughout his life, because he stood out with his heterochromia and is a Null-Type.

Having enough, he vowed to change the world so that Null-Types like him would never face the kind of abuse that he had faced ever again. This led him to adopt his "lone wolf" persona, and preferring to perform activities by himself. It was around that time that he also decided to wear the spectacles that caused the colours of his eyes to match a natural colour, because Kira hated attracting attention to himself.

Untrusting, secretive, but very intelligent and creative, Kira enjoys learning and discovering secrets about the world around him. However, he sometimes allow his emotions to overcloud his judgment and strategy when in a hard battle or with an individual he dislikes. Kira's perceived enemies will always be his enemies in his eyes, with no exceptions.

Another thing to note that he is also a battle maniac, fuelled by his bloodlust and adrenaline when he fights against someone he deems a worthy opponent/adversary. He has no qualms about killing anyone he deems to be "little of use" to society, causing his colleagues and teachers to usually disapprove of his methods.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Biography] 
Born in a average family in Tokyo, Kira's parents were overjoyed to see their son come into the world. However, due to an unfortunate car accident with a drunk driver while they were returning to the hospitol, his parents were killed and Kira was the only survivor. It was then that his left pupil changed from its natural dark colour to red, shocking the paramedics that had saved him after the accident.

Without other family members to take him in, Kira was shipped off to an orphanage ran by a church that he would spend about the next 15 years of his life in. Literally, each day was a living hell.

"Heroes, huh? Where were the heroes when you actually needed them?"

All alone, Kira faced plenty of discrimination and physical abuse at the orphanage run by a church. The nuns turned a blind eye to the other children beating on Kira with their developed or developing fragments. Not only that, they sometimes enjoyed hitting the "devil child" with their discipline sticks. Soon, Kira became very anti-social and secretive, keeping to himself as he avoided others and their way of deriving pleasure by hurting him.

However, this also allowed Kira to find his love of learning. He spent nearly all of his free time after classes in the church's library, reading through the plethora of old books and archives of history. Of course, because Kira had to attend classes almost every single day, he would usually arrive in a bloody and beaten-up state, staining a lot of the books with his blood. Strangely, the blood would always disappear by the time that he had to leave the archives for bed.

Years then passed, with Kira growing and being angered at the world. In his eyes, it was filled with contradictions that he vowed to fix at all costs. He despised the criminal systems, how governments were ran, and the prejudice of society itself from the Quantums treating the Nulls. Kira promised that he would change the world, in order to make it as close to a sense of an Utopia as he could, ensuring that equality went for everyone. This went for Nulls, Quantums, and Vessel wielders alike.

Finally, around the age of 15 and in his last year of what the orphanage considered "junior high", Kira enrolled himself into academic competitions in which he caught the eyes of Mar-Vell Academy, having submitted an essay on his theories about the evolution of Quantums. Discovering Kira being a Null-Type with a large amount of untapped potential, they admitted him in with a full scholarship.

Hence, Kira escaped the orphanage and started his journey of what he believed would make the world a better place. Using the money he had earned from other mathematic and biology competitions, he bought the pair of glasses that would make his eye colours match as well as other luxury items that he never had. This mainly applies to his preferred semi-formal wardrobe.

x393wz.jpg
Combat Information
x393wz.jpg
Alias: Mockingjay
Quantum Classification: Null-Type (Beginning, he doesn't know how to use it, although it is awakened) -> Water/Wind? (after)
Quantum Fragment: Hematokinesis (Controlling his own blood only)
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Hero Appearance (Before Anti-hero/Villain)]
Kira doesn't prefer anything fancy with his costume. A simple black body suit with sharp blades on his forearms (Think of Batman's forearms) and a black cloak that acts as a cape and a hood. When Kira doesn't wear the hood, he reveals his face completely, but his glasses would be off. This reveals his red pupil that would glow when he activates his powers.

Other than that, there are no embellishments of any other kind. He prefers to wear his signature scarf while fighting, because it is the last momento that Kira has of his parents. Other times, the scarf would usually be off. Sometimes he wears it as a cosmetic item when not participating in physical activities.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Abilities]
Kira can manipulate blood, but more specifically, only his own blood. He can recreate anything he wants with them, such as shooting them like projectiles (bullets) or creating bladed/blunt weapons. He can also manipulate the blood to cover his suit, turning it into a suit of armour that can withstand heavy attacks, as well as patch up certain injuries. 

His red pupil will glow in the same colour when he activates his power. He usually needs to wound himself or be wounded so that blood is able to exit out of his body for him to use. Hence the blades on his forearms to cut himself.

However, if the battle becomes prolonged or he uses too much of his blood, he will either succumb to the effects of anemia or mental exhaustion. Kira's control over his own blood would continue to diminish the farther and longer they are outside of his body. He will continue to train his endurance in this regard once he discovers how to use his powers.

A important note to mention is that if Kira's blood gets into an enemies body, he can manipulate them to a certain extent, depending on the amount of blood inside his target as well as the target's inner strength/mentality. His control over the target also decreases over time.

x393wz.jpg
Other Information
x393wz.jpg
If you haven't realized, Kira's powers is pretty much a variation of the stuff from Deadman Wonderland.

Some other stuff may or may not be added later.

I believe they said you are reworking this, so... I shall wait.

[spoiler=One for All]

Personal Information
x393wz.jpg
Name: August Adler
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance]
X6ifGXq.jpg?1
August is almost always seen sporting a blue track jacket and wearing a pair of glasses. He uses these glasses to simply make himself seem more average, as they are purely cosmetic and neither impair nor assist in his vision. He is rather tall for his age, standing at a solid six feet tall and his body, while unassuming under his usual gym type clothes, is actually incredibly well toned and well built. 

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personality]
August is a man who seems to be a rather calm and composed individual most of the time. He is a person who seems to have an ever present lack of expression, and one who does not seem to be easily interested in most anything that happens around him. He does not press onward with a sense of brimming enthusiasm or vitality that the other students do, and instead only seems to be a person who goes off of sheer duty instead. He comes off as rather cold and uncaring due to this, and never quite seems to be interested in the going-ons of those around him. That being said, he's not so much anti-social as he is just not an initiator. He doesn't go out of his way to talk to people, but doesn't mind the company of others either. Though while he has no problem with others, it is very possible for others to have a problem with him. 

He is a very tactless and blunt kind of person. He cares little for the opinions of others in most matters, and tends to speak in a matter of fact kind of tone. This is only further accentuated by his own thoughts of superiority towards others as far as powers go. Despite, or perhaps because of, his possession of fairly mundane and uninspiring Fragment, he simply believes himself to be one of the strongest there is. He merely treats this notion as fact, rather than go off showboating about it, making it seem like some form of humbleness as opposed to arrogance. Furthermore, while he does not possess the usual zeal most heroes do, he seems to be an almost incredibly selfless individual when it comes to being a hero. As, to him, it is simply a duty to be fulfilled, he is rarely reluctant to do hero work and almost never thinks anything of what he does.  

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Biography]
While his family was never completely broke, they were by no means completely financially stable, and having a child on top of that only added to the burden. As such, August grew up without much in ways of luxury, and his family could only really get by. And while his parents were none too special, it was soon revealed that August was something quite different. From as early as age four, things that he seemed to interact with tended to crumple or break, as if they were put under excessive force. The child seemed to take absolutely no note to this, however, and continued to cause a bit more of a headache for the couple than he already was. Soon enough, it was discovered that the child was in possession of a fragment, and after some more observation as to what he was doing, it was clearly some kind of strength augment. The young August, however, had no idea that this kind of strength was irregular, and thus had been using it completely unrestricted his entire life. 

Once his fragment was figured out, though, his parents had decided to take their time in trying to help him understand just what it was he had. Due to their less than fortunate financial situation, they were well aware the boy would most likely turn to a life of crime if not taught proper responsibility, and thus drilled these concepts into his head. He was told to hold back in everything he did so that things would stop breaking around him. He was told to not use his power for his own profit, such as stealing and revenge and the like. And he was most importantly taught that his strength should only ever be used to help someone else out, but to still be careful when using it. Of course, this was a lot to take in all at once, and the young August didn't quite understand, but nevertheless his parents continued to stress the importance of these concepts.

One summers day, when the six year old August had been on his way to simply play around in a local park. It wasn't anything particularly special to him, simply a place that his parents approved of and something he could use to get out of the house. And while he was there, in the blazing sun, there was a sudden wave of cold that swept through the area. One that was unnatural given the blazing sun, and one that everyone else had seemed to take note of. The boy soon realized that the cold air was coming from a person, a girl about his age, and didn't really pay any more attention to it. However, some others did, and they seemed to think that she wasn't entirely welcome there. Seeing themselves rulers of the playground, they bullied the girl and tried to chase her away. Of course, the young August didn't quite understand justice all that well, but he could tell that this was one of those situations his parents had taught him about, one where his power was necessary. 

Walking over to the bullies, the young August had told them to stop what they were doing. Of course, the boy didn't seem all that threatening, nor did his expression carry any real sort of fury behind it. As such, the bullies continued, paying no heed to him. And so August took a more involved approach. Using his strength, he casually lifted and tossed one of the boys away from the girl, showing his determination, and causing the other boys to flee in terror. After checking up with the girl afterwards, the two of them continued to enjoy the rest of the day together, and after learning her name, the two parted ways only to meet again the day after. And from then on, August became good friends with Aurora and even with the divide in their social standing, continued to hang out with her for the coming years. 

As the years went on, August learned more about how to control himself, both physically and emotionally. He continued to learn about when and what he could use his powers for, what was the right thing to do, and gained his sense of normalcy in just doing said right thing. Eventually, though, he learned about heroes. Not just surface things, like newspaper stories, but what it meant to be one, and what their lives entailed. Realizing that becoming such a figure was exactly the thing that August's life had already been geared towards, he confided in his new-found dream with his closest friend, Aurora. She seemed to enjoy the idea as well, and the two worked towards joining the prestigious hero academy, known as Mar-Vell. And once they had become of age, that was that; with aid from Aurora's family, August had managed to be able to afford transit to the academy, and with it, the two heroes to be left their home and went onward to their new school. Having made it in, the two had gone through their first year of schooling without much incident and are back again for another year of hero school. 

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Combat Info]
Alias: Striker
Quantum Classification: Earth
Quantum Fragment: Titan's Strength
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Hero Time]
vxKgcZy.jpg?1

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Abilities]
August's power is incredibly simplistic and bland. It is simply strength that goes far beyond the normal limits that human would be capable of. He punches incredibly hard, jumps incredibly high and far and can even lift things as heavy as a car and throw them with relative ease. He is simply just super strong. As a consequence of this, his body is more durable than the average human, being able to take shocks and impacts (such as landing from high places) better than most. 

Other Information

He is Spider-Man that is actually All-Might that meets Elsa. 'Tis cool though, so I will... Let it Go.

[spoiler=Jooudere]

dCQ3A9m.jpg

"And I proclaim, 'Off with their heads!'"

Personal Information

Name: Victoria Rose

[spoiler=Appearance]Source: http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53632619
A terrible beauty with piercing red eyes and pale skin. She stands at 173 cm and has a slender, but athletic physique.
13QxJEe.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]A Queen who commands the fear, love, and absolute respect of her subjects, that is what Victoria aspires to be; it is certainly a sort of Hero, although Victoria hates to be associated with that word. Once she would have thought she had finally attained that ideal. She has a calm and brilliantly analytical mind and natural talents that place her far beyond the ordinary man. Backed by the power of her Vessel, her overwhelming confidence and soft spoken demeanor gives her an aura of reliability rather than foolishness. Her principles are absolute, if not narrow-minded; she is caring and protective of her subjects, but diabolical to those who cross her, and due respect is given to those who have earned it. The rest, she doesn't care about.

It is not that she lacks the capacity for compassion and altruism, in fact, she's a highly empathetic individual, but she suppresses it and reserves it for the ones she values. Thus, her friends, her enemies, and bystanders end up seeing completely different sides of her. Contrasting with how serious she can get, Victoria relaxes when she can if alone or with close friends, and although she is a bit more mature and reserved than most, she has rather average interests for a girl her age.

A recent event made her reevaluate whether she had achieved her ideals. She realized she was painfully weak compared to the real heroes and villains. This has begun to reawaken the desire and ambition that lies within her; driving her to seek power and allies at Mar-Vell Academy.

Her days at Mar-Vell Academy will eventually teach Victoria that martial prowess isn't the only thing she is lacking. She always got what she wanted; she never had to put in much effort; she has always left things she found unpleasant to her subordinates rather than taste hardship; patience, diligence, and perseverence among other things are all but completely alien to the one once known as the ever perfect Red Queen. In addition, with her shattered confidence, she will perhaps open her mind to the way of life of others, and even eventually come to terms with the tragedy that made her abandon the path of a Hero.

At the moment, she is regaining her confidence and maintaining her haughty demeanour as best she can.

[spoiler=Biography]Victoria is the only child of the rich Rose family which owns several luxury brands. They are distant relatives of the British royalty. Her red hair and pale skin, however, comes from her Irish mother.

There was a time when Victoria loved superheroes more than anyone else. Most of all, she idolized her father, the third-ranked superhero at the time with the alias Noblesse. However, that changed when Victoria was nine. Her father got in a fight to the death against a certain supervillain; he won, but died of his injuries soon after. She began to hate the concept of superheroes, she hated the fact that her family had to suffer for the sake of someone else. She inherited his Vessel, The Judgement, but she had no intention in following in his footsteps.

Instead, she formed a gang. It consisted of teenagers, but managed to amass great power in the neighbourhood due to her brilliant mind, the power of her Vessel, and her family's money. She considered herself no superhero, but her reign as the Red Queen brought peace to an entire sector of the city and she protected those within her territory. The members of her gang she considered another family, although she certainly would never say that aloud.

It all changed, however, when an extremely powerful supervillain arrived in the neighbourhood. It was the same one that her father supposedly killed seven years ago, and he had come to inflict pain on the daughter of the one who left him for dead. He was chased away after the arrival of a group of superheroes including the first-ranked superhero, but not before he had inflicted terrible injuries on many members of Victoria's gang and on Victoria herself.

Terribly frustrated with her own weakness, Victoria asked her savior how he got so strong. With his advice, she decided to transfer schools into Mar-Vell Academy.

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information

Alias: Red Queen
Vessel: The Judgement
[spoiler=Costume]Her costume is the one on the right below (obviously not the left), with red like the color of her axe rather than black. In addition to that, she wears a white masquerade mask.
fc5AFfj.png

[spoiler=Abilities]Her Vessel, The Judgement, takes the form of an embellished wristband. Once activated, however, it reveals its true form as a huge ornate battleaxe that is as long as Victoria is tall.

The axe uses the Earth element to manipulate gravity and, consequentially, spacetime. While wielded by its rightful owner, it is unaffected by gravity, although its mass of 30kg is unchanged. Its blade cuts through spacetime itself and thus there is no material in the world that can block it, but it can be parried or dodged. Things it cuts through are perfectly unharmed and are still connected by a portal-like connection. If the two halves of something she cut are put back together, they will reform like they were never cut at all.

Applications of this power include the ability to cut off an enemy's body part and hold it hostage, or to slice through any defense and then attack the interior directly. The fact that it creates a portal can also be taken advantage of, although only small particles, gases, and liquids can pass through.

Victoria also has the ability to draw the pieces together by magnifying the force of gravity between them. However, like gravity, the farther the pieces are, the weaker the force of attraction. At close range, the power can be used to pull opponents.

Vessel aside, Victoria has excellent reflexes and is a natural athlete.

iU8EggM.png

Other Information
Theme: Lord of Crimson Rose (Queen)
Victoria's other frequently abused phrase (other than "Off with their heads!") is "My, my." in light amusement.

She's very interesting, personality-wise, and her backstory really shows why she has such an outlook on life. The powers her Vessel has are very interesting, also props for using a Vessel right. However, I'm afraid we will lose a good character if you stop posting. 

Thought I'd try for a concept that I saw someone else (try to) pull off in another RP. I hope you don't mind :)

[spoiler=Tyler Trevino, the One Who Takes Two Forms (WIP)]

DRvQafU.png//Bt6BsUn.png
"Quote to come"
Personal Information
Name: Tyler Trevino
[spoiler=Appearance:]In the form that Tyler spends most of his time in (that is, his male form), Tyler stands at 173cm (5' 8"), and weighs in at 64kg (141lbs)

Tyler's female form, however, only stands at 165cm (5' 5") and weighs only 59kg (130lbs)

812fb3d9b85880ef542d372ab888076e2dcbf946

Combat Information
Alias: Gemini
Quantum Classification: Fire/Water
Quantum Fragment: Fire & Ice

Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: I'd Come For You, by Nickelback
Encounter Theme Song: Pokemon DPPT OST: Route 209, as remixed by Glitchxcity
Battle Theme Song: Radiant Historia OST: An Earnest Desire of Grey
Ideal Voice Actors for Tyler's Male Form: Matthew Erickson (En)/Daisuke Kishio (Jp)
Ideal Voice Actresses for Tyler's Female Form: Jennifer Holder (En)/Akemi Okamura (Jp)
Tidbits of Trivia:
  • Tyler's parents are Jane Trevino (mother) and Tyrone Blackburn (father)
  • Tyler's male form uses ice whereas his female form uses fire... hence the name for his fragment, Fire & Ice

Hmm... the powers remind me of that guy from Boku no Hero... name is slipping me at the moment. The sex change is a bit strange, but can honestly be interesting if you explore it, instead of making it some sort of gimmick.

[spoiler=Just look at how f***ing cool this headshot is - WIP]

VDFyqmP.gif

"Oh. Should I do the thing now?"

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information

x393wz.jpg

Name: Caleb Harrison
x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Appearance]RGFvPWm.png?1
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 63 kg
Underneath the sunglasses that he wears at almost all times, Caleb's eyes glow a bright gold.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Personality]Despite his vast capabilities, Caleb is not a terribly ambitious individual. When presented with a task, his solution will almost always be whichever option requires him to expend the least immediate effort, even if said choice brings with it complications that force him to work harder in the long run. He maintains this low-effort approach through all the aspects of his life, and it isn't difficult to catch him sleeping in the middle of the day. He has a bad habit of making excuses, often weaving half-assed lies to cover for himself. The root of this behavior is undoubtedly a result of his own strength. Though he is capable of truly incredible feats, when everything can be done with minimal effort, why bother to commit more?

Despite all this, when a true challenge presents itself to him, an entirely different side of Caleb is ignited. Not one to be outdone or beaten, he will go all-out, using his abilities to their full extent, often surprising spectators who had previously only seen him scratch the surface of his fragment. That said, since he is used to expending minimal effort, he often ends up performing recklessly in situations like this, badly estimating his own ability. When interacting with others, Caleb's general attitude can be described as "casually cocky," since the sunglasses, messy hair, and ever-present bubblegum were backed up by the fact that everyone at DC Academy knew of the power he simply didn't bother to tap into. Of course, in this new environment, surrounded by strangers, there is very little context to his behavior, making him appear less like a sleeping giant and more like a flunk-out transfer student.

x393wz.jpg
Biography: (Two paragraphs minimum. Give me something to where, we can mold these characters into the hero or heroine they want to be.)x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Alias: Pharos
Quantum Classification: Fire
Quantum Fragment: Afterimage

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance]8T9ksqK.png
He doesn't really bother with much of an outfit. If need be, he can use his photokinetic constructs to conceal his identity.

x393wz.jpg
[spoiler=Abilities]Caleb's fragment gives him a relatively simple power, that can be used for a large variety of ends. Essentially, Caleb is capable of creating, and manipulating golden light, which he can then form into physical, tangible objects. His "photokinetic constructs," as they are often referred to, are fully manipulable by him, allowing him to create floating platforms, high-speed projectiles, and various other objects. Sometimes, these objects bring with them utility, such as his pair of butterfly-like wings granting him the ability of flight, whereas others are simply shapes. Effectively speaking, this fragment functions much like a Lantern Ring from DC comics would, though Caleb's power ceiling is much, much lower than what is displayed there. Any objects created by him only remain in existence for as long as he remains focused, otherwise they simply evaporate into thin air.

x393wz.jpg

Other Information

x393wz.jpg

(Trivia and other information go here)

Hmm... he feels familiar... like he was touched... by the Aether... I like that he's unmotivated until something seems like it would outdo him. It's a very believable response and can make some interesting character interactions.

Sure hope you didn't think I'd be finished with only one app <3
[spoiler=The Ice Queen]

GXycXid.jpg
"Chilly today, ain't it?"

Personal Information

Name: Aurora Burns

[spoiler=Appearance]ZXiuEfM.jpg
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 102 lbs

[spoiler=Personality]
Aurora is a confident young woman who keeps her eyes set on her goals and tackles each step toward them with certainty that she'll come out on top. While not much of a leader, Aurora is quite skilled in motivating others and thinking on her toes. She's not at all afraid of taking risks, but is prone to being too sure of her decisions. She'll think of one course of action, then take it, disregarding any arguments otherwise. This can get her in tight spots often, but even if it does, it's very rare for Aurora to lose hope and give up. She'll keep tackling her challenge with a smile until she inevitably emerges victorious, then move on to the next thing.

Above all else, her top priority is helping others. She aspires to become a great hero, and her ambition drives her to help anyone in trouble, no matter how trivial it may be. She really just wants what's best for those around her, with a particular priority on those close to her. Harming her friends or family is an easy way to make yourself her number-one target. Becoming a threat to the public in general isn't much better. If she thinks she can do something about it (she always will), Aurora will show up at the scene of the crime and do her best to bring the bad guys to justice. Danger be damned! That said, she won't use her powers for violence against just anybody. It takes something really serious to prompt Aurora to such an action. She's actually quite reluctant to use her Fragment at all, due to its adverse effects on her.

That said, for someone her age, Aurora has some surprisingly childish or otherwise unbecoming tendencies. Most notably, she absolutely adores goats, and will obsessively collect any goat-themed items she comes across. She'll guard her collection fiercely, and if she catches wind of a limited-edition item, Aurora will most likely go out of her way to get her hands on it.

Of course, Aurora can go a bit overboard with her confidence sometimes. Every now and then her power can get to her head and cause a short bout of arrogance. She's also known to make underhanded decisions if the norm won't cut it, and is too eager to keep secrets from others. While she's selfless and forthcoming - albeit a little stubborn - at best, she can be deceitful and violent at worst.

[spoiler=Biography]
Aurora was born to an upper-middle class family, and is the only child of a rather successful lawyer and her husband, the gourmet chef. By the time Aurora was born, her folks were financially ready to raise a child, keep the lights on and the tummies full, and still have some cash to spare. Good thing too, since Aurora was born with such a powerful Fragment that it had to remain in constant use to keep her frigid powers from building up inside her and actually freezing her to death from the inside out. As a result, since the moment she exited her mother's womb, the air around her would constantly find itself getting colder. This meant several new financial requirements on top of the standard fare of raising a child.

Hot meals and drinks were a must. Heavy blankets and heaters were required while she slept to keep her room warm. Even in the dead of summer, Aurora had to dress warmly. The thermostat in the Burns house had to be kept higher than normal not only to slow down her powers, but warm a room back up faster after she left. And of course, the fireplace got to see plenty of use year-round. While Aurora's financial impact wasn't so massive that the Burns family was losing more money than they made, she certainly did quite a number on their spare income. Despite the hurdles her Fragment presented, Aurora grew up happy, and eventually got old enough for school. Problem being, public schools simply weren't equipped to deal with her, and no private school in the area was willing to work around one student as much as Aurora required. In the end, her parents hired a willing tutor, and Aurora was homeschooled. One very strict lesson was responsibility. It was something her tutor and parents very strongly reinforced in her, teaching her that her powers weren't to be used for violence. To this day, these lessons have played a huge role in Aurora's life, and she has yet to betray them.

The people of the outside world generally tried to avoid her. It could have been any combination of reasons, most involving an unwillingness to deal with the cold air she brought, or being afraid of her power. However, despite it all, there was one place Aurora liked to go when summer had come and the sun pulled out all the stops. The park. Some people welcomed her with open arms as a relief from the sweltering heat of Texan summers. Others, either jealous or afraid of her, weren't so hospitable, often trying to chase her away and/or make her not want to return. Well, one day at the young age of 6, the latter sorts became hostile. They were entirely ready to attack Aurora once they realized she wouldn't fight back. That was the day she met who would become her best friend.

A boy had intervened, telling the hostile kids to stop. When they didn't listen, he casually tossed one a good dozen feet into the sandbox, as a warning to the rest. The assailants all left uninjured, and the two spent the next hour or so playing together before Aurora ultimately had to return home. They exchanged names and agreed to meet up again tomorrow. That boy's name was August Adler, and he stuck to his word the following day. And the day after that, and the day after that, and so on.

The days passed and became weeks, eventually becoming months, then years. August became Aurora's one friend in the real world, and one of the very few who entered the Burns house to see her. At the age of ten, he came with an idea. An idea to become a hero. An idea Aurora was completely in favor of. An agreement was made, that the two would work hard to be able to someday enter Mar-Vell together and become heroes, and in exchange, Aurora's family would pay for August's transportation; financial burdens like that were the last thing August's folks needed.

Fast-forward a few years. Aurora and August both met the requirements to join Mar-Vell, and as promised, the Burns family paid for transportation for the both of them. One lengthy train ride and a taxi cab later, and the two took their entrance exam, with both Aurora and August passing. Now that they've taken their first year of high school, they're back again for round two.

Combat Information

Alias: Arctica
Quantum Classification: Water/Air
Quantum Fragment: Absolute Zero

Unlike the ever-so-common bodysuits that leave little to the imagination, Arctica's costume leaves more or less everything up in the air. The primary feature of the costume is a pale blue hooded winter coat made of leather, that reaches down to the knees and has a very heavy white fur trim and interior. Arctica's footwear of choice is a pair of black boots that reach almost up to the knee, and feature a similar fur trim & interior. The keen observer will notice a pair of thick, pale blue leather snow pants under the coat and boots. Her hands are covered by thick white velvet gloves that reach under the coat and go up to her elbows.

Arctica's face is concealed mostly by a thick white fur scarf that wraps around the mouth and nose. Her eyes are concealed by a pair of goggles with black-tinted lenses. It can't be seen under the rest of her costume, but there is a surgical mask between Arctica's face and her scarf after she got fed up with fur sticking to her face. Also unviewable under her costume is a rather thick cotton bodysuit worn under the rest of her costume for extra insulation.

[spoiler=Abilities]
Aurora has the power to conjure ice, cold air, and so on. More importantly, her Fragment is extremely potent, to such an extent that she physically cannot contain the full extent of her power without the risk of freezing herself to death from the inside out. As a result, her Fragment is under constant - albeit light - use, creating an aura of cold air around her at all times. More thorough application of her Fragment can create gusts of freezing air, but will also adversely affect Aurora as well. Overuse can and most likely will result in hypothermia or worse.

After some tests performed in very specifically-prepared environments, it's been concluded that Aurora is capable of generating blizzards with storm-force winds that blow at speeds of up to 68mph (109kmph), and at her peak can create temperatures as low as -207 degrees Fahrenheit (-97 degrees Celsius). The creation of ice is also possible with this power for various purposes. Stronger applications of the power wear on Aurora's health faster. For instance, she could slowly lower the temperature around her until it reaches a hazardously cold level and be none the worse for wear, or do it in the course of a few short seconds but suffer acute hypothermia and probable frostbite as a side effect.

Aurora keeps her Fragment under constant use, but only a little bit. As a result, the air around her graudally gets colder, stopping at about 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 degrees Celsius) and lowering at a rate of 1 degree Fahrenheit (roughly .5 degrees Celsius) per second.

Other Information

Carries a snowflake-pattern bag with her at all times. This bag contains a scarf, a fur-trimmed hat, a winter capelet, a pair of wool gloves, and no less than five thermoses of hot chocolate. The hot chocolate is made by Aurora every morning and immediately after school. The purpose of this bag's contents is to keep those who will be around her for extended periods of time warm, if they didn't come prepared.

Sleeps accompanied by an electric blanket and a trio of space heaters, as well as her prized possession; a 3-foot plush goat. Yes, she knows how excessive it sounds.

Aurora's already had her entire life thus far to learn how to control her Fragment just in order to live semi-normally. It's about as controlled as it can get as of now. While this means Aurora's considerably more powerful than most people her age, it also means she's already gotten as good as she can get, and has no further room for powering up.

7.8/10, too much water (I'll give you a serious review if you give me one. XP)

[spoiler=One-Woman Band | Heavy WIP]

"Your performance was simply abysmal! Here, let me guide you..."

Name: Alice Liddell

[spoiler=Appearance]cF4QGhM.png

[spoiler=Personality]

[spoiler=Bio]

Alias: Lorelei
Vessel: Shangri-La
[spoiler=Costume]ErMOjUh.jpg

[spoiler=Abilities]
The vessel normally takes the appearance of a golden hairpin with red ribbons attached to it, but when activated it turns into a majestic blue violin as shown in the picture. A characteristic this vessel has is that it shapes itself to the current owner's personality and characteristics. This vessel belonged to many of the greatest women in all of history and it took many shapes and forms, from swords to bows.

The vessel is attuned to Water and when used (in this case, when the violin is played) allows to "attach" multiple people (up to 5 at a time) together, using the red ribbons that appear in its hairpin form. This attachment isn't material, as the people that are attached can move freely; it's a power connection, meaning that people who are attached share the damage and the healing that they receive. If the ribbon is connected to Lorelei, she can temporarily transfer some of her energy to the other people who are attached, enhancing their capabilities. The ribbons can be attached to everyone that's in range of hearing the played violin, this means that the second someone can't hear the violin's sound, they're unaffected by the ribbons effect.

The ability of the vessel makes Lorelei a great support role.

[spoiler=Misc.]

It feels like you didn't read the OOC, instead glancing and saying 'this seems cool'. 

lame and gay

[spoiler=//sheltered intellectual]

[insert Header]

"..."

Personal Information

Name: Isabelle Underwood

[spoiler=Appearance]Source: http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53718272
Pretty under that messy hair. It falls on her face quite often though, covering it up. Her height is 170 cm and she has a very thin and frail build.
6Z9hOqy.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]Of course, the first word anyone would use to describe Isabelle is shy. She is an archetypal introvert; she has trouble with people, she gets nervous, she gets stuck on what to say, and ends up retreating from social instances if at all possible. Anyone who thinks most introverts just don't want to talk is wrong. Isabelle will speak when there's something meaningful to be said or if there are topics that interest her... at least she'll try, but she may chicken out. Sometimes, one may get the imagery of a small animal from her, especially when she is most often found curling up in comfortable places. She is an untidy and terribly disorganized person though, so all sorts of things may be lying ajar around her.

Despite her meekness, she is quite opinionated. She makes up for not talking by thinking, she thinks on a variety of topics from politics to the meaning of heroism. She feels committing to heroism validates her existence. To her, heroism is the most beautiful thing in the world; it is an aggregation and symbol of all the good in humanity, thus it can be seen as a pinnacle for humans to aim for. As such, she feels very gratified in any acts of altruism.

(More here)

[spoiler=Biography]

iU8EggM.png

Combat Information

Alias: Undine
Element: Water
Fragment: Reality Pond
[spoiler=Costume]

[spoiler=Abilities]

iU8EggM.png

Other Information
Theme:

Hmm... very interested to see how this character plays out. Don't know about that power, because there is nothing there. We shall wait.

[spoiler=The WIP-est of all WIPs]

Personal Information

Name: Hadley Fitzpatrick

Appearance: 
[spoiler=Character image]
Hadley stands at five feet and seven inches, with long black hair that reaches her waist. She weighs in at 137 pounds. 

Personality: (Two paragraphs minimum)

Biography: Born of Irish and French parents in downtown Dublin, Hadley has always been a girl quick to speak her mind and even quicker to start a fight. She constantly got in trouble at school for fighting kids who would make fun of her for 

Combat Information

Alias: Echo
Quantum Fragment: Sound Manipulation

Appearance: 
[spoiler=Hero image]602135.jpg

Abilities: (Describe the abilities and workings of your Fragment)

Other Information

(Trivia and other information go here)

Much WIP.

Here's an app that exists because we need teachers.

[spoiler=Grade 11 teacher]

gGPYt4q.jpg
"Nice. Now do it about a dozen more times."

Personal Information

Name: Nadia Penn

[spoiler=Appearance]amSK8l0.jpg
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 136 lbs

[spoiler=Personality]
There are teachers who are fine with their students as they are, and there are teachers who either expect the best from their students, or push them until they're the best they can be. Nadia is a case of the latter. She isn't the sort to sugar-coat things, even if it would be better that way, nor will she tell a lie. When she speaks, it's either an opinion or nothing but the harsh truth, exactly as it is.

As a teacher, Nadia doesn't play nice. She doesn't necessarily always play fair either. She'll tell her class right to their face that unless they like school to challenge them, they'll spend their nights praying they'd gotten some other teacher that year. However, she'll also tell them that she does this to push each student to their limit, making it a breeze to shoot through senior year and leave Mar-Vell as excellent rookie heroes. She doesn't appreciate complaints, whining, or giving up from her students, and offers no aid outside the classroom whatsoever. She took this job to help the next generation of heroes become top-notch, not to make friends with them.

While Nadia's a hardass on the clock, it's a different story entirely when she's not working. The reality of the matter is Nadia's a cheerful sort who just wants to help others out. To her, having a Fragment means she's obligated to uphold the law and deal with anyone crazy enough to defy it while she's around. The best way to prevent future crimes is to make people content with the world they live in, and Nadia likes to think the best way to do that is with a smile, some bad jokes, and cheap fast food. Nadia's friendly nature can even extend to students if they encounter her off the clock, but she'll make a point to let them know that once they meet her on campus again, she'll be all business, and won't make things easier for a student just because she likes them. She has no problem with having friends, but Nadia won't treat somebody as both a student and a friend at the same time.

Another prominent trait of Nadia's when she's not in business mode is that she's a total nerd. She's got a fondness for RPGs, Japanese cartoons, and geeking out with others about her hobbies. Discovering that she shares a common interest with somebody new always excites her, and she's always up for hanging out over said interests if she doesn't have prior engagements. That said, Nadia's got one hell of a competitive streak in her, and will often challenge somebody who beats her to a rematch. And another. And another. She'll most likely just keep going until she wins.

If danger arises, Nadia's most likely the first to rush in to deal with it. Fear doesn't exist to her, because she simply doesn't allow herself to be afraid. The idea of heroes worrying about their own life just makes her laugh; if the heroes run away, who's left to save the masses? She'd happily throw her life on the line time and again for the sake of others, both confident in her Fragment and skill, and enjoying the thrill of laughing in death's face then getting away with it. After a job well done, Nadia likes to reward herself with fruit candies and a soft drink of her choosing. Once she's taken a breather and had a snack, it's back to work.

[spoiler=Biography]
For as long as Nadia could remember, there was one goal in life that stood out to her above all others. She wanted nothing more than to be a hero. Every time she learned something new about becoming a hero, she'd work hard to fulfill a given step, or make sure to avoid a certain detriment. In particular, she admired the hero Steel Zephyr, and this admiration plus her reckless lack of fear would ultimately lead the way to discovering her Fragment.

At age eight, Steel Zephyr was in Nadia's town, and was doing hero work as usual. It was when Steel Zephyr pursued a group of armed carjackers that Nadia's moment of heroism would come forth. She watched the scene with great interest and faith in her hero as it found its way to a corner near her. While Steel Zephyr dealt with three of the carjackers, one slipped away. Nadia noticed the fourth aiming a gun at Steel Zephyr, and - against anything resembling a survival instinct - rushed to throw herself in the  bullet's path. Had her Fragment not awakened in that moment, Nadia would be dead. However, it did, and she was completely uninjured. In the end, all the carjackers were arrested, and Steel Zephyr got to leave the crime scene alive and well. Not before congratulating the child that saved his life, of course, and telling her that if she could play the hero for somebody with so much experience, then she could definitely be a hero for the people around her.

This was the moment that gave Nadia an intense determination to become a hero, even more so than she already desired. She trained her body and Fragment relentlessly, and zealously looked for people in trouble so she could gain actual field experience as a hero. Her goal, ultimately, was to enroll in Mar-Vell. Whether it was her ridiculous and overzealous training, a fluke, or a bit of both, Nadia just barely got into Mar-Vell when her scores on the practical exam blew others out of the water, making up for her rather low score on the written exam.

This pattern continued throughout most of her time in Mar-Vell. Nadia wasn't stupid by any means, but was constantly training herself so hard that she simply didn't find any time left to set aside for her studies. For her four years in school, she met the academic standards for the student body of Mar-Vell (albeit barely), and far exceeded any expectations set out for her in training sessions involving actual hero work. In the end, she graduated, and thus, Collider was born.

Collider wasn't the most popular of heroes, simply because she didn't bother sticking around once her job was done. She'd swoop in, deal with bad guys, then leave before the media started asking questions. On her off time, Nadia would play games, watch some anime, and try to relax. Life was good. Her dreams had become a reality. Nadia was at the top of her game, but Collider's career would unfortunately be a short one.

23 years old and at the peak of her career, Nadia set out to once and for all stop the villain who some had started deeming her nemesis; a villain known as Ghost Theater. Once it had all been said and done, she'd been deemed successful, and Ghost Theater was apprehended. However, the cost was quite dear. Tens of thousands of casualties and catastrophic amounts of property damage put a dark stain on Collider's brightest moment; one she couldn't deal with. Believing she'd failed to protect the populace and the law as she was meant to, Collider stepped down from her position as a hero once Ghost Theater was confirmed to be locked away.

And yet, the rollercoaster ride that is Nadia's life still isn't over. About a month after her final confrontation with Ghost Theater, Mar-Vell Academy contacted Nadia. There was a job position open for a teacher. They wanted somebody who could inspire a class; somebody who wouldn't be afraid to push them until they couldn't be pushed any further, and then keep pushing. Few suited the role they wanted better than Collider. With a slight reluctance, Nadia accepted the offer.

It's certainly not the job she used to have, but making sure the future heroes are top-notch to prevent any future Ghost Theater incidents isn't a bad backup option. This will be her second year working with Mar-Vell as a teacher.

Combat Information

Alias: Collider
Quantum Classification: Earth
Quantum Fragment: Perfect Elastic

[spoiler=Appearance (hero)]2tOYgrX.png
While the costume of Collider used to feature a mask to hide Nadia's identity, she got rid of it once she started working at Mar-Vell, claiming that if she ever did hero work again, she'd want to be able to face the people she saved both as a hero and as a civilian. She said it would force her to perform to a higher standard so that people wouldn't see her face and think back on some failed act of heroism.

[spoiler=Abilities]
When two objects collide, some of the kinetic energy in the collision is converted into other forms of energy. Some examples of this are the dent in a car after a crash, or the sound made when clapping your hands. Nadia's Fragment allows her to become a perfect elastic, meaning that none of her kinetic energy is lost in a collision. This in turn means a few things, most notably that while her Fragment is active, Nadia is invincible against physical attacks.

This Fragment giving her immunity to physical harm also enables Nadia to use the full extent of her body's strength without breaking bones, tearing muscles, etc, while it's active. As a result, it also increases her strength and speed several times over. However, this Fragment has two critical weaknesses.

Because Nadia's kinetic energy isn't lost in a collision when her Fragment is active, she'll be knocked much further back by attacks than she normally would. Secondly, this Fragment involves pretty advanced scientific sheet, and using it is mentally quite taxing. Keeping her Fragment active for extended periods of time will wear her out very quickly, and unless she's calm, it will range from weakened to inoperable. This effectively means that while she's invulnerable against physical attacks, mental or emotional attacks can render her powerless very quickly.

Other Information

Afraid of the dark.

Fruit candies are her one and only vice.

Her costume as Collider was designed during her teenage years when she thought looking like a samurai would be cool. Now that she's older, she's considered changing it a couple times, but hasn't because she still likes the design, the costume's got memories associated with it, and it doesn't seem fair to suddenly change her costume in her opinion.

[spoiler=Alejandro “Hephaestus” Ferro]

UEQrNUm.png

You can steel run away if you want to! ...see what I did there?”

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information

x393wz.jpg

Name: Alejandro Ferro

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance] 44d3zdc.gif

Alejandro stands at 6 feet tall (182 cm) and weights 165 pounds (75 kg).

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Personality] Having lived his entire life in poverty and alone, both him and his parents working everyday, he developed a need to seek attention and try to form friendships with anybody he meets. He always comes off as kinda goofy, joking and throwing puns around like it's nobody's business, even in battle.

If one were to really meet and become close to him, however, they'd find that Alejandro is a damaged person. Always smiling to keep his parents' moods up, he hides his true emotions from most people, something that eats away at the young man. He has, for the most part, lost the ability to vent his concerns to others and can be seen talking alone and reassuring himself that everything's alright.

Despite all this, Alejandro is a reliable friend who never backs down on helping somebody out or just making them laugh. In combat he acts in flashy manners, naming his attacks and acting like the big shot, even underestimating his opponents if he thinks they've made a mistake or left an opening for him to attack.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Biography] Born into a low class family in the slums of Argentina, Alejandro had to work from a young age. From begging on the streets with her mother as a toddler, to selling candy on packed buses and performing for pennies, he'd do anything to help bring money back home. This meant he didn't get to experience an ordinary childhood, playing football and whatnot, but he was still happy with the smile on his mother's face after a particularly good day selling.

Alejandro's parents wanted to make sure he had a good education, however. On weekends, days they didn't make him work, they'd send him to the library to read up on anything that interested him, “Schools this day teach kids stuff they'll never use when they're older.” his father'd say, prompting young Alejandro to discover what he really wanted himself. However, he'd always come back from the library with old newspapers depicting all those cool heroes he always heard about in the radio, as well as books on gods and heroes.

As he got older, the jobs laid out in front of him became more and more demanding. As soon as Alejandro was strong enough to carry a bag of cement, he started working with his father at the construction site. One day, thanks to the shoddy safety regulations in his country, a crane's wire rope snapped, dropping a girder that was in suspension on Alejandro's and his father's head. As it came flying towards them, Alejandro closed his eyes and his Fragment manifested itself: the support beam bent around them, landing on the floor in an upside-down “U” shape, leaving them both unscathed.

For a while, Alejandro kept working in construction, his powers making the job much too easier. After coming home from work his parents sat him down to talk, an opened letter on the table. It seemed that his powers had caught the attention from somebody with contacts. With his parent's blessing, and promising to bring home money after striking it big as a hero, Alejandro left for the United States and the Mar-Vell Academy.

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Alias: Hephaestus

Quantum Classification: Fire + Earth

Quantum Fragment: The Forge

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Appearance (hero)] Alejandro wears a black sleeveless t-shirt with metal shoulder pads over it, akin to those used by football players. If no metal is around to use, he can use his fragment on the shoulder pad. Other than that, he keeps it simple, wearing nothing on his face to conceal his identity or any cosmetic items, prefering to call the attention to himself through his performance rather than flashy looks. If he absolutely needs to conceal his identity, however, Alejandro creates a facemask to wear with his Fragment.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Abilities]

• Metal Manipulation: Alejandro can control, mold and warp any moderately sized piece of metal in a range of 10ft near him. If he's in contact with the metal he can manipulate any other piece of metal that's in direct contact with it, albeit with diminished efficiency. Since the material mantains its hard property even after being molded like clay, this means Alejandro can have a wide array of weapons at his disposal, some of which he's already named:

• Cerberus: A set of three long chains ending in sharp spikes, wrapped around Alejandro's right arm. With his Fragment's powers he can change their direction mid attack, proving to be a hard to dodge weapon.

• Helios' Chariot: By transforming metal into a plain sheet, Alejandro can step on it and use it to move at high speeds, like some sort of skateboard.

• Zeus' Bolt: While the name might be flattering given the simplicity of this skill, it certainly doesn't lack in the damage department. Alejandro shoots a wave of shrapnel at high velocities, akin to the blast of a shotgun.

x393wz.jpg

Other Information

Alejandro names his moves after characters from mythology, even going as far as having his hero name be the name of the Greek God of the Forge.

He frequently creates new moves in combat as well as always saying their names when using them, like a golden age hero.

I'm a big fan of BNHA so this really appeals to me! Here's hoping I get in.

ATTENTION!!!

As your RP host, I, along with my two Co-Hosts, currently have the list of accepted RPers to join the ranks of QF!

As it currently stands, these are the numbers of the current characters, provided to us by Yui:

[spoiler=The Numbers]

Ages:
15: 5
16: 4

Genders:
Male: 5
Female: 4

Female 15s: 2
Female 16s: 2

Male 15s: 3
Male 16s: 2

With this, it seems the numbers are mostly even, but they're leaning just a bit this way. Nevertheless...the hosts of this RP simply say to those who have been accepted: Congratulations and welcome to Quantum's Fragment!

Now, as it stands, there are only 3 slots left available for three RPers to join in to meet the quota of 10. However, we still have WIPs from other RPers still being touched on. So I don't see why they won't finish them. REGARDLESS!!! Let me be clear on this...this is an RP that will require everyone's cooperation. If you don't think you can commit to something like this for whatever reason, tell me now. RPs have fallen due to inactivity because of not just the RPers leaving, but also due to them not exactly being interested any longer in this. I don't want this to happen to this RP, so cooperation on both ends will be needed.

That said, I hope you are all interested in this and will continue to have interest in it as the RP progresses.

That is all... *hops off soap box*

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER?

[spoiler=Kaede Kamegawa]

51ti2sx.jpg

"Oooh! Would you look at that? I think it makes things go boom-"

Personal Information

Name: Kaede Kamegawa

[spoiler=Appearance]

e4fc9f697f455141f53d07fa88b61f8b57dcb93b

Kaede is a short girl standing at five feet and one inch, and weighing in at 124 pounds. She has long purple hair, the ends died blonde.

Personality: Kaede is, first and foremost, a nerd. She is an enormous nerd. She is reading constantly, her reading habit only having gotten worse since she found herself in America and actually had options. While she reads plenty of nonfiction science books she has a real soft spot for fantasy novels, particularly the ones everyone else seems to dislike. She's incredibly intelligent, having an absurd reading speed and her IQ being measured at 153. She learns about even the most innocuous of subjects quickly, having a huge backlog of trivia floating around her brain. Regardless of her extreme intelligence, Kaede seems maddeningly lacking in the area of common sense. Very impulsive and quick to try to implement an idea before she's thought it out completely, it's resulted in her spells blowing up in her face several times. She's also very quick to answer questions without waiting to hear them in their entirety. She's very over-excitable, and it often gets the better of her, especially when she gets bored with what she's doing and tries to finish it as quickly as possible.

She's a very happy-go-lucky individual, very kind if absent-minded and forgetful. She seems constantly to live in her own little world that is a combination of her reading and her Vessel, and deciphering its abilities. Nothing gets her more jazzed than deciphering one of the many runes inside it. Even that can sometimes fail to stay her boredom, and she turns to mild troublemaking, something she'd be very good at if she didn't get caught all the time, though it's usually very tame stuff like breaking into the library at night or swapping the lights in a classroom out for colored ones. She finds a lot of delight in these absurdly tiny acts of rebellion, and often tries to rope fellow students into them for a bit of a laugh. A lover of a good time and suicidaly curious, Kaede just wants herself and everybody to have fun at the end of the day, and she fights and learns as a superhero for that reason. 

Biography: Born in southern Japan, Kaede's family was very poor, her parents both bamboo farmers in what seemed a constant suffering harvest environment. Her parents realized when Kaede was very young that she was unusually bright for someone of her age, someone who could certainly do better than a life of bamboo farming. There was little they could do with their limited income, however, as their daughter kept growing more intelligent seemingly by the day. She became well-known in the area as being the "smart but dim one," always having a lot of fun ideas that got her and her friends into trouble. She became a voracious reader, having read the entirety of the tiny village library when she was only eleven (though there were only seventy-three books in it, so it wasn't that impressive). More than anything, she was a bright and intelligent girl without anything to do. Nothing challenged her until her Vessel came into her life.

She found it in the back of the library, as she dug about for SOMETHING she hadn't read at the age of thirteen. The Vessel of Ptolemy's Library was in an old box at the back, and she opened it to find inside a great gleaming trail of runes inside it. She kept it secret, wanting to keep the shiny scroll to herself and set about trying to decipher the ancient runes within, a difficult task indeed. She regularly took trips to the university library in town, managing to even get her hands on a library card there with plenty of pleas. Progress was slow, even for her, but she for the first time in a good while had a challenge. After two years deciphering the scroll and making barely two feet of progress along it's length, the Library was discovered when one of her friends took the scroll from her to tease her with it, not knowing what it was. The scroll opened by mistake, also causing a mild electric shock to the girl holding it, rejecting anyone from touching it but Kaede. 

Far from being angry about this secret, her parents were excited at the fact that their daughter had a Vessel that would seemingly only work for her. Within a day offers from Mar-Vell and Shonump had made their way to the house. Her father urged her to take the offer from Mar-Vell rather than stay in her native Japan, wanting her to go to the great land of opportunity he had heard America was. Excited to learn more about the secrets of the Library, Kaede packed her bags to head for the strange land of New York City, ready to use the scroll to achieve who knew what.

Combat Information

Alias: Archive
Vessel: Kaede's vessel is a very unique one. It takes the form of a plain wooden cylinder, but once activated the vessel known as Ptolemy's Library is anything but plain. Once opened, a trail of hieroglyphs composed of rainbow-colored light emits from the scroll that houses it, this trail stretching to approximately twenty feet long. Ptolemy's Library holds thousands of runes within it that can be combined by the wielder in order to form spells. The sheer number of runes allows for untold combinations for a wide variety of different effects. It's weakness, however, lies within that huge strength. Practically impossible to memorize, the runes within are part of a dead language, and are incredibly hard to decipher. Kaede currently has less than a tenth of it translated, barely scratching the surface of it's power. Additionally, the runes have to be pulled from the scroll by hand and needs a fair degree of focus, making construction of a powerful spell in a tight situation difficult, especially since a hastily assembled spell can run the gamut between having no effect whatsoever and catastrophic backfire. The LIbrary floats without Kaede touching it, generally wound around her so she can see it clearly whenever she requires. She currently only uses a small handful of spells that she's familiar enough with to utilize effectively most of the time, generally spells that are defensive, with a few that utilize fire as an offensive measure.

[spoiler=Appearance]

51ti2sx.jpg

Other Information

Crappy romance an fantasy paperbacks make up the largest chunk of her book collection.

Her hat she wears as a hero outfit was her father's.

Her father is Japanese, you illiterate.

There's no way she would have lived in China going by a Japanese name. That's seriously inconvenient and likely to make her the target of racism. Plus it's easy to translate Japanese names into Chinese so it's like always done.

[spoiler=Flying Butter]

lye5Sjm.jpg

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information
x393wz.jpg
Name: Emily Anne Rockford
x393wz.jpg
laJ3KAF.jpg
Emily stands at a petite 5'2 and weighs 115 lbs. Her long hair is originally blonde, but now dyed a light shade of pink. She attempts to keep is soft by using extra conditioner and taking precise care of her hair. She has a very lithe build, one of a gymnast. She has well toned muscles on her arms and legs, as well as a solid core. She has a pair of black, finger less gloves and painted pink french-tip acrylic nails. She also has no tattoos, and doesn't usually wear headphones.

x393wz.jpg
Emily acts like a typical valley girl, even after living in New York for 2 years. She has a very sassy attitude, yet she is also hard working. She is the product of a point in her life where she is trying to fit in yet find herself at the same time. Her work ethic and determination to be her very best are admiral, though her teenage attitude and desire to fit in can burden her. At her best, she is a hard working, well listening, and focused young lady. At her worst, she is shallow, dramatic, and relatively petty. She desires to fit in with a particular group of people, and doesn't mind compromising her morals to embrace the feeling of acceptance from a group of friends.

During her classes, she is an attentive student. She listens carefully, takes notes, and asks questions, studies, and works hard. She displays key features of an ideal student, and has an easy time being liked by teachers and authority. In the presence of them, she has a tends to act like a bit of a kiss-up, and very respectful. In fact, she acts like this around most people, making her seem rather sweet on the exterior. She loves talking to people and learning about them. She is a very bubbly person when on her own and talking to someone one on one, and even willing to help others study in classes. She is always extending the offer to help others if they need it.

Despite this, around friends she becomes much more of a petty drama queen. She has a very bad habit of gossiping and spreading wildfire rumors. Most of the time it isn't for the sole purpose of hurting someone. She just doesn't realize how quickly s*** talk spreads. She simply does it because it is what everyone is doing. She tends to follow the pack, for better or worse. She will draw the line at direct bullying, refusing to allow that action to go unpunished. However, she fails to see the correlation of gossip and blatantly obvious bullying. Though this more shallow side of her only surfaces around her friends, it gives her the image of being two faced, kind a person in one instance, then roasting them behind their back.

Emily also has the habit of falling head over heels for attractive boys. Around people she is attracted to, she becomes much more shy. She won't let anyone talk bad about them, even in her friend clique, and becomes much more sweet to them. However, she isn't blinded by this attraction. If the person turns out to have a terrible personality, or the two aren't compatible, she can get over her crushes. It isn't very regular either, but it is still worth noting.

All in all, Emily is a hardworking youth with big dreams. She desires to help improve the living qualities of everyone in the world, but struggles to balance the life of heroism with the life of a standard teenager. She damn well does her best, but it isn't always on top of it. The vibrant, pretty youth has a soft spot for guys, and civilians alike. She hopes to one day be a hero that people look up to, and believes by working hard she'll make it there.

x393wz.jpg
Emily grew up in Southern California, near the beach. She was born to a family of hard workers. Her mother was CEO of a large phone company, and her father was the owner of a vastly successful company, operating in New York. The two of them taught her all about the importance of hard-work, pointing out heroes and themselves as examples. Emily grew up idolizing heroes, wishing to become one herself.

The girl's dreams were destined to become a reality, as her powers began slowly manifesting. The girl had been enrolled in a gymnastics class, and practicing, when she failed a trampoline stunt. Her flip went south, and it seemed as if she would land on her back. She stuck out her hands to catch herself, and within a second, her momentum was killed. She drifted the rest of the way down, to the shock of everyone there. Her excitement was very obvious, as the 13 year old couldn't wait to tell her parents.

When she got back, she was all giggles. Although, her parents had news for her too. They were moving to New York, as it would be much easier on her father if they were located close to his business. They made the large move to New York from California, discussing her future along the way. They already knew she wanted to be a hero, and the move was in reality to help with their job and her life goals.

Emily trained hard her next 2 years in New York, excelling in academics and gymnastics. Things only got better from there. Her parents came home one day, presenting the girl a letter. It seemed to her as if Mar-Vel had taken notice of her talents. Emily was exuberant, and took up the offer immediately. Though she had left her old friends in California, it would be worth it making new ones at this academy, as well as reaching her goals.

"Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you didn't work hard enough."

x393wz.jpg
Combat Information
x393wz.jpg
Alias: Mariposa
Quantum Classification: Wind
Quantum Fragment: Bluster
x393wz.jpg
1ZxZA3D.jpg
Emily's Mariposa outfit looks almost identical to the one above, but without the helmet and cape. She has a butterfly mask instead of the goofy helmet. It is also tailored to her 5'2 frame, and made of a flexible alloy to allow her maximum mobility and comfort. While in this outfit, she has her hair in a fishtail braid behind her head.

x393wz.jpg
Bluster: This unique ability allows Emily to create sudden gales of powerful wind from her hands. This gale can be manipulated in a few unique ways.

Tailwind: Emily creates a lingering current of fast air (45 miles per hour), providing allies a speed boost when running along it, while slowing everyone trying to run against it. She can only have one tailwind out at a time, and can stop the blusterous wind at any time. Repeated uses of Tailwind cause the winds to reduce in speed. It generally lasts 2 minutes, or until a new one is created. Its primary purpose is to

Instant Air!: Emily can unleash a powerful gale from both of her hands towards the ground, launching her the opposite distance that her hands are aimed. She uses this technique to evade or ascend high distances, even catching tailwinds to help her smoothly glide back down. She can make this jump from 2-10 feet, depending on the amount of force used. She can also use this when punching or kicking, creating a forceful gust of wind to knock opponents a distance. This ability tires her out, so she must use it in moderation. 

Her power makes her a unique hero, capable of supporting her allies by speeding them up along tailwinds, while hindering enemies. However, she isn't afraid to get into the fray herself. The winds that support her allies can support her equally, and her Instant Air! punches are sure to surprise others with their sudden, unexpected force.

x393wz.jpg
Other Information
x393wz.jpg
-She chose the name Mariposa because she loves Butterflies and thinks the Spanish name for them is very elegant
-

-

-She speaks with a Valley Girl accent

Archived