Generic Scale 7 Pendulum

The Nyx Avatar

QXVliKU.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn, during either player's turn: If your opponent Special Summons a monster, you can pay 800 Life Points; negate that monster's effect(s).

Monster Effect:While this card is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. Once per turn: You can banish 1 card in your Graveyard; inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

What we have here is a Scale 7 Floodgate with a mediocre monster effect that might just close out the game for you - which is completely fine to be honest. But the thing I really disagree with is how little effort it takes to set it up, and how much it does for that. It's basically a free Effect Veiler that can recur every turn, even your own, and that can be activated outside of your opponents Main Phases. Nowadays, where every single Deck Special Summons on a regular basis (even Monarchs!), it is obvious how good the card would be in basically any given matchup. To be fair, your opponent can see it coming from a mile away by reading it, and try to play around the card, but unfortunately, outside of Twin Twisters or MST, there isn't much they can do except baiting its effect and summon something else that gets rid of it. This, though, is usually how you out boss monsters like Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, not simple Pendulum Scales, that your opponent could very well just slap onto the field again if they have it in their hand. I think the card needs a restriction like it only having 1 use while face-up, or even flatout a once-per-duel-clause. (And I didn't even mention how, unlike Effect Veiler, this doesn't target!)

I like the overall concept though, very little members dare to put their hands on a floodgate.

What we have here is a Scale 7 Floodgate with a mediocre monster effect that might just close out the game for you - which is completely fine to be honest. But the thing I really disagree with is how little effort it takes to set it up, and how much it does for that. It's basically a free Effect Veiler that can recur every turn, even your own, and that can be activated outside of your opponents Main Phases. Nowadays, where every single Deck Special Summons on a regular basis (even Monarchs!), it is obvious how good the card would be in basically any given matchup. To be fair, your opponent can see it coming from a mile away by reading it, and try to play around the card, but unfortunately, outside of Twin Twisters or MST, there isn't much they can do except baiting its effect and summon something else that gets rid of it. This, though, is usually how you out boss monsters like Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, not simple Pendulum Scales, that your opponent could very well just slap onto the field again if they have it in their hand. I think the card needs a restriction like it only having 1 use while face-up, or even flatout a once-per-duel-clause. (And I didn't even mention how, unlike Effect Veiler, this doesn't target!)

I like the overall concept though, very little members dare to put their hands on a floodgate.

Thank you. Though, wouldn't a "once per duel" clause hinder it's practicality?

Then pick the other option I gave - "can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field". That'll do it imo. (Since your opponent can just leave it lay there, so if you immediately blow another one, your scales are clogged, if you don't kill it yourself. Sounds fair to me! :3)

But feeble, too.

Archived