★ Grim Forum Game Beta Test ☆

Snatch Steal

Beta Testers Needed  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want to Participate in the Beta Test?

• Yes
    • No, but I still love you
    • Explain it to me in more detail
    • CHEESECAKE (so that I don't have to keep pressing show results)

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS I TELL YOU TO. IF YOU POST IN THIS THREAD WITHOUT PERMISSION, YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE. 

but, uh, if you want to beta test, just ask.

This thread will serve as the Grim Forum Game. I'll be putting stuff up here periodically until we're ready, which might take less time than I expected.

Basically, it's Pokemon with different names. Deal with it.

There are a few variations, but it's the same thing in principle. You can post actions and accomplish tasks, collecting Grims and earning Reps, Points, and for those in the club, Experience. I'll be acting as a bot for people to guide them through the game. It takes a long time, since I'm a human and I have to write everything out, but that's the beauty of it: it takes very little energy for you, and warrants Forum rewards.

...if enough people play, I might need Mod help with points, but that's a big if.

My excuse for posting this early is that there's no post count, and I think that's probably a fine excuse.

Here's the List of Grims, both With Stats and With Descriptions

If you want to read up on more, check under the Resources tab.

[spoiler=Getting Started]

If you want to play, you'll need to fill out a form. Copy and paste the form and fill out the criteria. 

You can choose from 10 Primary Grims. They are all F-Rank and have the same Stat Total. Their only difference is their type. 

Primary Grims are marked with a ☆ before their name in the Stats List. They can also be found in the descriptions with "It is also a Primary Grim."

You can choose from the following:

Kampferhund  (Demon)

Sludger (Biohazard)
Sadpole (Phantom)
Spirallax (Bug)
Spronkey (Light)
Scoutle (Dragon)
Mord (Zombie)
Arnordillo (Combat)
Durabud (Metallic)
Thumpooch (Sound)

Once you're ready, the first thing you'll want to do is scout out some Grims to join your team. Entering a couple battles should help you get the hang of things. If you're stuck, grind until you can combine Grims, and get to a point where you can Rank Up (combining two Grims who were the result of a Combination and are of the same Rank and Taxon, both of which can be found in the stats list.

[spoiler=Form]

Alias (The name you most prefer; I have gone by Snatch Steal, Toadtotter, and Mayor of Balanced Hackmons, but my Alias is Snatch Steal)

In-Game Name (This can be the same as above)

Primary Grim (List above)

[spoiler=User List]

SCK (Pride) [spoiler=Stats] $500 [spoiler=Party]

Thumpooch Lv. 4 [VIT 24/24] [Light / Sound] Trait: Megaphonics [spoiler=Skills] Pummel [Neutral]

[spoiler=Details] Experience: 35/80

VIT: 24
MAG: 4
STR: 24
RES: 16
INT: 4
APT: 24 
SPE: 24

Total: 144

Pompolka Lv. 3 [VIT 57/57] [Neutral / Sound] Trait: On Beat [spoiler=Skills] Pacemaker [sound]

Thud [sound]

[spoiler=Details] Experience: 0/90

VIT: 57
MAG: 24
STR: 6
RES: 18
INT: 6
APT: 6
SPE: 3

Total: 120

[spoiler=Box] Empty

[spoiler=Items] Sticky String

Wulf [spoiler=Stats] $500 [spoiler=Party]

Scoutle Lv. 5 [VIT 5/5] [Dragon / Combat] Trait: Cool Headed [spoiler=Skills] Gash [Dragon]

[spoiler=Details] Experience: 0/100

VIT: 5
MAG: 15
STR: 40
RES: 5
INT: 50
APT: 5
SPE: 30

Total: 150

Pompolka Lv. 4

[spoiler=Box] Empty

[spoiler=Items] None

[spoiler=Command Master List]

[spoiler=Outside of Battle]

Add [Grim Name (Not in Party)] to Party: Adds a Grim from your Box to your Party. You can't add a new Grim if you already have 6.
Combine Grims: Fuse 2 Level 5 or higher Grims to create a new, potentially stronger one.
Search for Grims: Enters a battle with a random Grim.
Send [Grim Name (In Party)] to Box: Sends a Grim from your Party to the Box. You can't put it in the Box if you already have 24.
Switch [Grim Name] with [Other Grim Name]: Switches the places of the Grims. It can be within your Party or Box to Party.
View Box: Shows Grims in your Box. You can only have 24 other Grims in here.
View Items: Shows a list of your items. You can only hold 50 items at once.
View Party: Shows all of your party members. You can bring up to 6 Grims with you.
View Versus Party: Shows Grims in your Versus Party, which can be used when you battle another player.
Shop: Enter the shop. 
Buy [item Name]: Lets you quickly buy an item.

[spoiler=In Battle]

Call Grim: Use a Grim in your Party. You can only have one Grim active at once.

Use Item: Use an item. Some items can't be used in battle.

Coax Grim: Attempt to bring the enemy Grim to your side. Depending on how strong your Grim is, or if it has type advantages, this will be more or less likely. The odds of coaxing a Grim are

[a-b+(c-d)]e/100 where a and b are both Grims' stat totals, c and d are their levels, and e is a type advantage or 
disadvantage

Flee: Try to run away. The odds of running away are 

(ab - cd)/100 where a and c are each Grim's speed stats and b and d are their levels. 

[spoiler=Combining]

Set Grim 1 as [Grim Name] and Grim 2 as [Other Grim Name]: Show combination options for Grim 1 and Grim 2. You must choose Grims so that you still have at least 1 Grim in your Party. 

Set Combination Material to [item Name]: Set a certain item as a combination material. Items that can be used in combination will be labeled as such. 

Combine [Option Name]: Combine Grim 1 and Grim 2 to create the option you chose.

[spoiler=Okay, great. How do I get rewards?]

Coaxing a Grim = 1 Rep

Combining a Grim = 1 Rep

Ranking Up = 2 Reps

Winning an Important Battle = 5 Reps or 100 Points

Getting a Grim to reach maximum level = 2,500 Points

[spoiler=Huge Example Battle]

YCMaker: Okay, what do I do?

Me: [spoiler=Commands]

View Party

View Items

Search for Grims

Combine Grims

YCMaker: Search for Grims

Me: Gloombox Lv. 2 leapt out of the bushes! What do you do?

[spoiler=Your Party]

Kampferhund Lv. 4 [VIT 10/10] [Fire / Demon]

YCMaker: Options

Me: [spoiler=Battle Commands]

Call Grim

Use Item

Coax Grim

Flee

YCMaker: Call Kampferhund

Me: Kampferhund is ready to fight with you! What do you do?

[spoiler=Attacks]

Chomp [Demon]

30 Damage

Drains a bit of the Damage dealt as health. 

YCMaker: Use Chomp

Me: Kampferhund attacks with Chomp! The enemy Gloombox lost 50% of its Vital and now has 50% of its Vital left. Kampferhund regained 0 Vital. Gloombox retaliated with ScreechKampferhund lost 40% of its Vital and now has 60% of its Vital left. What do you do?

[spoiler=Attacks]

Chomp [Demon]

30 Damage

Drains a bit of the Damage dealt as health. 

YCMaker: Coax

Me: Kampferhund shows its teeth. Gloombox is quite impressed, and joins your team. Welcome, Gloombox!

[spoiler=Combination Guide]

Combination opens up possibilities to Grims that one may not have easy access to. With this process, one can gradually rank up their Grims, growing stronger with each combination.

Two Grims must be chosen for combination, and when they are, they grant three combination options.

- The first combination option will be of the first parent's Taxon

- The second combination option will be of the other parent's Taxon

- The third combination option will be of the higher leveled parent's Taxon, different from the above two options.

In order to rank up, you must combine Grims of the same Rank twice, then combine those results. Thus, you'll need four Grims to Rank Up.

More to come, I'm tired right now, and always will be.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright! So is there a way to get a certain Grim, or do you just randomize? Also, if I can, I want to fin Doomenbloom. If not then randomize.

It's random. 

Joy Lv. 2 leapt out of the bushes! What do you do?

[spoiler=Party]

Thumpooch Lv. 4 [HP24/24] [Light / Sound] [spoiler=Skills] Pummel [Neutral]

[spoiler=Details] Experience: 0/80

[spoiler=In Battle Commands]

Use Item: Use an item. Some items can't be used in battle.

Coax Grim: Attempt to bring the enemy Grim to your side. Depending on how strong your Grim is, or if it has type advantages, this will be more or less likely.

Flee: Try to run away.

[spoiler=Info]

Joy [Plant / Light] [HP 100%] Rank F

A flower that seems to be happy all the time. Although the most hopeful, it's easily the weakest Grim.

Seems Legit. :3

Alias Wulf

In-Game Name Wulf

Primary Grim Scoutle

Welcome! Your Grim has been added to your party. You can now make any out-of-battle actions. Check "Command Master List > Outside of Battle Commands" for options. If you need further help, post "Options."

Since I'm a human, if you're really confused, just ask.
I'm probably gonna end up copy pasting this into every new player's thing. 
Oh, and it would've been a good idea to ask first.

Call Thumpooch!

Thumpooch is ready to fight with you! What do you do?

[spoiler=Attacks]

Pummel [Neutral]

30 Damage

No other effects

How about its only attack

just wanted to give you options

Thumpooch attacks with Pummel! The enemy Joy lost 100% of its Vital and now has 0% of its Vital left. 

You won the battle! Thumpooch gained 10 experience points and needs 70 more to level up. You earned no money and no items, but at least you built some character.

You return and heal your Grim. Choose another action.

oh, and a short aside, I am using a randomizer to determine the Grim you fight. I didn't troll you in choosing the weakest.

Lol I figured that out. Randomizer again plz :3

Pompolka Lv. 3 leapt out of the bushes! What do you do?

[spoiler=Party]

Thumpooch Lv. 4 [HP24/24] [Light / Sound] Trait: Megaphonics [spoiler=Skills] Pummel [Neutral]

[spoiler=Details] Experience: 10/80

Coax Grim: Attempt to bring the enemy Grim to your side. Depending on how strong your Grim is, or if it has type advantages, this will be more or less likely.

[spoiler=Info]

Pompolka [Neutral / Sound] [HP 100%] Rank F

Known for drumming its belly during ritual practice, it lures in unassuming humans with the patterns on its fur. They’re mostly harmless, though, and only attack if threatened. 

I call my Grim and attack!

Yay, this is incredibly simple.

This is a tough one, by the way.

Thumpooch is ready to fight with you!

Thumpooch attacks with Pummel! The enemy Pompolka lost 26% of its Vital and now has 74% of its Vital left. Pompolka retaliates with Pacemaker! Its STR increased. What do you do?

[spoiler=Party]

Thumpooch Lv. 4 [HP24/24] [Light / Sound] Trait: Megaphonics [spoiler=Skills] Pummel [Neutral]

[spoiler=Info]

Pompolka [Neutral / Sound] [HP 100%] Rank F

Known for drumming its belly during ritual practice, it lures in unassuming humans with the patterns on its fur. They’re mostly harmless, though, and only attack if threatened. 

There is no turning back. ATTACK THUMPOOCH!

lol

Thumpooch attacks with Pummel! The enemy Pompolka lost 27% of its Vital and now has 47% of its Vital left. Pompolka retaliates with Thud! Thumpooch took 13 damage and has 11 Vital left. What do you do?

[spoiler=Party]

Thumpooch Lv. 4 [HP24/24] [Light / Sound] Trait: Megaphonics [spoiler=Skills] Pummel [Neutral]

Call Grim: Use a Grim in your Party. You can only have one Grim active at once.
Coax Grim: Attempt to bring the enemy Grim to your side. Depending on how strong your Grim is, or if it has type advantages, this will be more or less likely.
Flee: Try to run away.

[spoiler=Info]

Cawman

I read this phonetically and that did not serve me very well. Wow, we're at the second page already.

Thumpooch attacks with Pummel! The enemy Pompolka lost 25% of its Vital and now has 22% of its Vital left. Pompolka retaliates with Pacemaker! Its STR increased. What do you do?

[spoiler=Party]

Thumpooch Lv. 4 [HP24/24] [Light / Sound] Trait: Megaphonics [spoiler=Skills] Pummel [Neutral]

Call Grim: Use a Grim in your Party. You can only have one Grim active at once.
Coax Grim: Attempt to bring the enemy Grim to your side. Depending on how strong your Grim is, or if it has type advantages, this will be more or less likely.
Flee: Try to run away.

[spoiler=Info]

You've donw well, Thumpooch. But I do not wnat either of you to get hurt. I coax the opposing Grim!

are you high lol

Thumpooch wags its tail to the beat! Pompolka is really impressed, and joins your team. Welcome, Pompolka!

You didn't earn any experience, although this is a powerful new team member.

You return and heal your Grims. Choose another action.

Archived