Finishing off the Numbers! Number 97

JessicaMuddy

A little project I'm working on. There are 12 targets for it. 10 R1s and 2 R2s.

zizRqpk.jpg

3 Level 3 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using a Rank 1 or 2 LIGHT Xyz monster as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) While this card has an Xyz Material(s), it cannot attack. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; monsters you control cannot be returned to the Extra Deck or banished for the rest of the turn.

An interesting protection for R1 spam decks, or things that can utilise R2 or R3. Thoughts?

So, a "Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger" for LIGHT Rank 1 or 2 Xyz Monsters, although not quite. It trades the Piercing Damage and the ability to attack for a situational protection effect which is fine tbh. The targets you will mostly summon it with are Sylvan Princessprite and Herald of Pure Light, as they immediately do something for you when you summon them, but don't have any board presence afterwards due to their low stats. The fact that its protection is situational as hell makes it very matchup dependant - can be good against certain Decks that rely on spinning cards back to the hand or banishing them, but falls flat against any other Deck. It only needs to stay on the field for one opponents turn in order to be able to attack, so they can't wait too long with removing it on the field, which seems rather clever in my opinion because else they could just think "Why care about this if it can't attack anyway" - at least if the last effect doesn't hurt them. I doubt any Rank3 Deck will ever summon it based on how inferior it is to the only other generically usable 3-Mat rank3, which is Tri-Edge Levia, but it provides solid support for Rank 1 or 2 monsters with low stats.

Archived