Destructotron Archetype [WRITTEN] (13/?)

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I came up with this idea yesterday but I've had quite a bit of difficulty simplifying it to make it usable. The basic premise is these cards destroy themselves to make room for continual upgrades.

As of right now, I only have the monsters, but all the Spells/Traps in the Archetype will have the condition "If you control no "Destructotron" monsters at the end of a Phase, destroy this card".

Enjoy, and as always, CnC much appreciated!

Destructotron Omega-10

FIRE 10*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. If 10 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When you do, activate 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. This card is unaffected by card effects except "Destructotron" cards. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. If this card is removed from the field, you can Special Summon up to 2 "Destructotron" monsters from your Deck.

3500/3000

Destructotron BD-500

FIRE 5*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 5 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When you do, activate 2 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. During either player's turn, you can destroy this card; Special Summon up to 2 level 4 or lower "Destructotron" monsters from your Deck. Their effects are negated until the end of the Phase.

2300/1500

Destructotron TX-40A

FIRE 4*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 4 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When you do, activate 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card from your hand or Deck. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. If this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card, you can target 1 other "Destructotron" card you control; destroy that target and Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower "Destructotron" monster from your Deck. If you do, draw 1 card.

1900/900

Destructotron TX-40B

FIRE 4*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 4 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When you do, activate 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card from your hand or Deck. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. During your Main Phase, you can destroy this card; destroy up to 2 "Destructotron" cards from your Deck. If you do, add 1 "Destructotron" monster from your Deck to your Hand whose level is less than the number of cards destroyed this turn. Your opponent takes no battle damage during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Destructotron TX-40B" once per turn.

1700/2000

Destructotron 3D-K1

FIRE 3*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 3 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When this card is Summoned, activate 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card from your Graveyard. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower "Destructotron" monster from your Deck except "Destructotron 3D-K1". Once per turn, you can target 2 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards in your Graveyard; Shuffle them into the Deck and draw 1 card.

1400/600

Destructotron 3D-K2

FIRE 3*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 3 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When this card is Summoned, activate 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card from your Deck. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower "Destructotron" monster from your Deck except "Destructotron 3D-K2". Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can destroy 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card and 1 "Destructotron" Monster from your hand or Deck. Your opponent takes no battle damage during the turn you activate this effect.

1100/1000

Destructotron 3D-K3

FIRE 3*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 3 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When this card is Summoned, activate any number of "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards from your Hand. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower "Destructotron" monster from your Deck except "Destructotron 3D-K3". During either player's turn, you can destroy 1 other face-up card you control; during the End Phase, add 1 "Destructotron" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand whose level is less than the number of Destructotron cards destroyed this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Destructotron 3D-K3" once per turn.

400/2100

Destructotron Alpha Singularity

FIRE 1*

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of a "Destructotron" card. If 1 or more "Destructotron" cards are destroyed this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When this card is Summoned, activate 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card from your Hand. If you control no "Destructotron" Spell or Trap cards at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. If your opponent has taken no battle damage this turn, you can activate this effect: destroy all cards you control and 1 "Destructotron" card in your hand; draw cards from your Deck equal to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. Your opponent takes no battle damage during the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Destructotron Alpha Singularity" once per turn.

100/100

Destructotron Reactive Plating

Continuous Trap

If you control no "Destructotron" monsters at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. Once per turn, "Destructotron" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. If a "Destructotron" monster is destroyed by battle, banish the monster that destroyed it. When this card is destroyed, destroy 1 "Destructotron" monster in your Deck.

Destructotron Self-Repair Nanites

Continuous Trap

If you control no "Destructotron" monsters at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. During the Main Phase 1, target 1 "Destructotron" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, then destroy 1 card you control. If this card is destroyed, add 1 "Destructotron" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Destructotron Disintegration Ray

Equip Spell

You can only equip this card to a "Destructotron" monster. The equipped monster gains 600 ATK. When the equipped monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the damage step. Banish any monster that is destroyed by battle with the equipped monster. When this card is destroyed, draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of"Destructotron Disintegration Ray" once per turn.

Destructotron Update Ordinance

Spell

Target 1 "Destructotron" monster; destroy it, then Special Summon 1 "Destructotron" monster from your Deck whose level is up to 2 higher than the target. You can only activate "Destructotron Update" twice per turn.

Destructotron Short Circuit

Continuous Spell

If you control no "Destructotron" monsters at the end of a Phase, destroy this card. Once per turn, at the end of either player's Standby Phase, inflict 400 damage to your opponent. If a Destructotron monster you control is destroyed, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If this card is destroyed, you can add 1 "Destructotron" Spell or Trap card (except "Destructotron Short Circuit") from your Deck to your hand.

Howdy~

Well, it's been long delayed, but here's your review! We've got a bit of a backlog to take care of, and I've been off for a couple of weeks, so again I apologize. Anywho, let's begin! As per usual, I'll be giving somewhat condensed feedback when pertaining to a larger number of cards, then I provide my overall opinion on the archetype. Let's go:

Monsters:

Destructotron Omega-10 - I'm assuming this is the boss monster of the Deck, considering its Summoning Condition is absolutely outlandish. It's an overall solid card, w/ a hefty 3500ATK and it being unaffected by card effects and floating. All of these elements are very powerful, but I can't really scale this on any suitable power level, until I've seen the rest of the archetype. Still an interesting concept to have inherent summon machine-type monsters that generate advantage from destruction. 

Destructotron BD-500 - While this card takes half the required amount of destroyed cards to summon, it activates 2 S/T cards from pretty much anywhere, which sounds terrifying. It also has a Speed 2 Rescue Rabbit trigger effect, which kinda nullifies the ending phases gimmick the monsters have, and avoids a majority of S/T negation cards your opponent has. The fact that it also negates only 1 phase means if the cards have other OPT or Speed 2 effects, you can use them during your next phase (MP1 used eff, SS 2 "Destructotron monsters, end Phase, BP or MP2, use effs of summoned monsters). I understand they all have a phase restriction regarding the S/T cards, but if you do, then this amount of advantage could be terrifying.

Destructotron TX-40A - The issue w/ giving a cost to target w/o a condition is that there isn't a clear point in which the effect can be used. When you use a "would" statement, you're referring to either a speed 3 effect (which directly responds to the effect), or a continuous effect, which doesn't trigger. I understand the idea of this card, but the OCG is kinda off in that regard. Otherwise, the effect seems pretty situational. Has good stats for its level, but the Summoning requirement and mediocre effect seems to make it a tech card, at best.

Destructotron TX-40B - So, it's a Deck Thin 3 w/ a search effect from hand, that also provides an automatic +3 destruction for that turn? Sure, it prevents you to OTK by using the effect, but that doesn't mean it's any less powerful of an effect. Depending on the rest of the monsters, this could be obserdly broken, or rather tame. Regardless, this card is currently the backbone of the archetype, and is incredibly powerful.

Destructotron 3D-K1 - So the archetype has a built-in Daigusto that's not restricted to an OPT, which also SS's from deck if its destroyed (and considering what's been shown so far, that's not a difficult condition to meet. TX-40B, send 2 3D-K1's for cost, search for K1, K1 effs SS 2 from deck, SS the K1 you just searched, shuffle both K1's into deck and draw 1. You get the idea). This card, even without seeing the rest of the archetype, is immensely broken.

Destructotron 3D-K2 - So, you can loop the destruction effects even further, by recycling and looping K1's and K2's? It's bad enough to have this effect in 1 card, but in 2, and it generates free advantage after more free advantage? I'm starting to see how impossible it is to NOT have 10 cards destroyed per turn at this rate.

Destructotron 3D-K3 - While I still despise the destruction effect, especially w/ 40B, the on-field effect is significantly more fair than K2. Again, not sure the necessity of having multiple copies of the same effect, when they all loop each other incredibly easily.

Destructotron Alpha Singularity - I understand you're trying to balance out the mechanics of each card in respects to their summoning conditions, but isn't activating from hand quite redundant? Weren't you already going to do that? Also no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no. Drawing effects have to be taken very cautiously, since they're the most easily abusable (Pantheism). This is essentially; destroy everything I don't want, then draw until I get something I want, while synergizing w/ the rest of my archetype based on the destruction. Absolutely insane, especially considering its Summoning Conditions only requiring 1 to be destroyed.

Spell/Trap:

Destructotron Reactive Plating - So, it prevents your opponent from destroying your monsters OPT, then banishing the monsters if they were destroyed by battle, and having a SS from deck if it leaves the field? Also, it can be brought back by pretty much every card in the archetype, so your opponent can pretty much never destroy your monsters by battle.

Destructotron Self-Repair Nanites - So, it's a better COTH for the archetype that lets you search if its destroyed? Honestly, why am I not surprised at this point.

Destructotron Disintegration Ray - I'm not really sure why you like to jump between the no hard OPT clauses, and just allowing it whenever. I'd say its fair to allow only 1 draw for that turn, but considering Alpha Singularity exists, I'm just confused why. Also another really good card that provides +600 to already well stated monsters, w/ an armades eff that banishes. 

Destructotron Update Ordinance - Aaaand they get their own transmodify, wonderful. Yes, it does have a twice per turn limit, but it +1's for no reason, and immediately gets you into BD-500 using any of the K#'s, which pluses you about 4 for no reason.

Destructotron Short Circuit - Another destruction search that inflicts burn each time a Destructotron you control is destroyed. Which, mind you, is incredibly easy to do, so you can put up multiple short circuits up, and burn your opponent for game by up to 2400LP's each time. What a headache...

Overall

This archetype is a complete mess. It's another one of those cases, where somebody makes an archetype do everything, so they have absolutely no weaknesses and are incredibly easy to abuse. I see a groundwork here, and it's very interesting, but everything wasn't placed together properly. The shifting phases bit is unnecessary, as it's almost impossible for your opponent to remove all the S/T cards you'll place, unless Heavy Storm becomes legal again. You generate bonuses from ANY kind of destruction, which is also in-archetype. The activating S/T cards from deck is extremely powerful, considering the targets you have are all very potent. The only downside I can see is the lack of a Normal Summon, but its irrelevant when you have so much in-engine advantage being generated, that you can easily end a turn on a full board of monsters & S/T cards, and still have a 6 card hand. If you just refine the ideas of the archetype, and try to give it specific strengths and weaknesses, then it could be very interesting and unique. However, in its current incarnation, it has too many issues to warrant it a pass. This one needs to go back to the drawing board.

:444818_key: ~

Archived