[Leaderboard] Tori Vs. Dova (Cards are up)

towitori

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
-Best of 3 votes wins
-All voters must elaborate on their votes.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards only for anonymity.
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:
-In celebration of "God of War 4: Being a Dad Simulator" that was shown in E3, Make a card about Greco-Roman Mythology.

Card A:

Attis, Spirit of Rebirth

EARTH - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Spellcaster/Effect - 2100/2500

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If a monster you control was destroyed by battle or by card effects and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card was Special Summoned this way, monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects for the rest of the turn. Once per turn, during either player's End Phase, if a monster(s) was destroyed by battle or by cards effects and sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can Special Summon 1 of those monsters. If this card was destroyed by battle or by card effects and sent to the Graveyard: You can send 1 monster you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Attis, Spirit of Rebirth".

Card B:

The Primordial Chaos

DARK - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Fiend/Effect - 0/0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) while you control no cards. You can Tribute this card, then reveal 1 Level 8 monster in your hand: Special Summon it, but you cannot Special Summon for the rest of the turn. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Level 8 monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects this turn. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this effect.

Card A: the only effective aspects of this card are that it can be played defensively when your cards are being destroyed, you can bring this guy out and save your monsters for the rest of the turn also the fact that this card can Summon a monster at end of turn from either side of the field. So if u can take out thier monster you can use it against them which is always nice. And still being able to Normal Summon does make it more useful. But other than that this card does have a glaring weakness which is that your opponent could just destroy this card instead of your other monsters which makes this card useless. Unless you want to sacrifice a monster to bring this card back it's not really worth it.

Card B: This card seems useful when you have no cards on your field (which is also situational) and need to turn things around, you can bring this guy out and then bring out your big monster and turn the tide of the duel. And like card A being able to still normal summon makes it more useful. Then what makes this card even more effective is that it can help your big monster resist your opponent card effects whichever turn you choose while this card in graveyard , which gives that monster more survivability and that is very critical in duels

I vote card B even though it seems situational it more useful and effective than card A, especially when you need a big turnaround in a duel

Beginning. 

Attis, Spirit of Rebirth: SUMMON ALL THE THINGS! Itself upon a monster's destruction, other monsters upon their destruction once a turn (not the turn its summoned though, cause IT'S GOT YOU) and a revival effect that requires a monster tribute. Think the trick here is that this card is offensive yet pretends to being a defensive monster. 2500 DEF is hella irrelevant when you can  +1 for days off your Satellarknights, Kozmos and Star Seraphs/Cyber Angels. Starting to think that Kristya may have met an equal in terms of field presence. It replaces (the destroyed monsters), resummons (more destroyed monsters), and revives (itself by...you get the idea), and does it all with a smile. That stat-line though is indeed rather weak-most cards that wont destroy Attis can run over it no problem (likeMonarchsandBankDestroyerbutscrewthoseguys) and most Decks in 2016 treat destruction like the SECOND girl they've ever slept with, but by and by, this card will help far more often than not.

The Primordial Chaos: PROTECT ALL THE THINGS! Level 8 with no ATK or DEF that's summoned on an empty field, brings out ANOTHER Level 8 and protects them everything (exceptMonarchsStormforthandKaijubutscrewthoseguys) for a turn! Now see, that's what I'm talking about-like Dragon Spirit of White and Void Seer had a child. But no ATK and DEF? It's not going to be easy to bring out by its own standards, but this is something used as a complement to a strategy, instead of a strategy-maker itself. Tell you what though, splashing this into Kozmo can easily make a player or three rip their hair out. And this could even make a Legendary Planet Deck viable (and I admit-I love those guys.) But the situational aspect of Primordial hampers it-most players I see, if they use this, will be to mill it in Infernoid-LIghtsworn-D.D. decks, instead of Summoning it outright. Anything placed on the boards needs legs to stand on in case the effect bombs (and the Solemn cards say they WILL bomb when you least need it) and Primordial's a sitting duck if they do.

I'd buy one though. But only after the 3 Attis copies i swiped from TCGplayer go right into my Melodious Deck. Take a hike, Elegy.

Point to Attis.

Voting for A.

Ever so slightly weaker summoning condition than Geh since it specifies graveyard but that's fine. The blanket Sif is a nice addition, and as a battle trap more than anything it's a good defensive unit that also has decent stats and can be rank 8/synchro 9+ material on your turn. The revival effect is nice because it by and large makes it so your opponent has to prioritise taking this down over your other stuff, essentially acting as a lightning rod for removal.

Now those aside, the self-revival aspect I am unsure of. This mainly stems from the extremely ambiguous wording. "If this card was" implies that it can be used at any stage after it has been killed but not at the moment of death, and I'm not sure if it's even intended as spell speed 2 or not. This could be my brain not processing something but it doesn't make sense to me how it's worded. Apart from that confusion it's reasonably fair revival. Again with the wording I think this works with pendulums since there's no "and if you do", which may or may not be deliberate and is the only potential issue.

As for B, it's just bad. If this was a spell like An Unexpected Dai type of thing with the banish to protect effect still there I'd like it more. Like you can revive it and go into a rank 8 but what can you really use to revive this that wouldn't require a turn to be live (CotH, Oasis, and such, which you can't even potentially use because you've to have a blank field anyway) outside of Soul Charge. This is not exactly an obvious thing but if it had a clause to be treated as a vanilla in the grave it could have had some interesting uses in Blue-Eyes or just in general as a free 8 that serves another purpose and can splash itself, while being a Swing of Memes/Silent Doom target.

Oh and also a thing I forgot, why on earth does it reveal before the summon? Literally all that does is mean your opponent can now Mind Crush you. No other purpose is served by that addition, it almost feels like whoever made this just wanted to lengthen the card text.

If it had been just required you to have monsters and/or been a spell then it may have been more of a contest but it's not so it isn't.

Archived