[Leaderboard] Brimtosis vs Dragon Sage {Closed}

Brimtosis

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.
-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:
-Create a Rank 2 XYZ Monster.

[spoiler=Card A: 3 Votes - Victory]

Burgesstoma Orthrozanclus
Rank 2
WATER
Aqua/XYZ/Effecct
3 Level 2 Monsters
Unaffected by other monster effects. Whilst you control this card, "Burgesstoma" cards cannot be Banished by their own effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card has a Trap Card as a XYZ Material: You can detach 1 XYZ Material from this card, then target 1 monster you control; that monster's ATK and DEF are doubled until the end of the turn.
ATK: 0
DEF: 2400

[spoiler=Card B: 0 Votes]

bDxattr.jpg

2 Level 2 monsters

While this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be destroyed by battle. During either player's turn, if a monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target that monster; it gains 1000 ATK, until the end of the damage step. You can only activate the effect of "Artery of Artemis" once per turn.

Card C: 0 Votes

Hey guys, apparently we have a new voting method in place now. Basically, I just say "it's a toss-up" and one of you gets a vote.

Heads = Card A gets vote.

Tails = Card B gets vote.

CRWnjTs.jpeg

I got Tails, so Card B gets my vote guise.

(Please don't take this seriously Lol)

I expected better out of you, Yuuko (especially since you've been here long enough to know how to vote properly; did you not read things in the other thread?)

Vote rejected.

Anyway....

Card A prevents Burgesstomas from banishing themselves, so that alleviates you needing to run Imperial Iron Wall to an extent. Sure, it doesn't block against Macro Cosmos or some other stuff that'll banish, but least they can still retrieve themselves repeatedly. (You'd probably want to keep Wall in here otherwise). Then again, it also lets you make Anomalocaris a 4800 ATK 'mon for a while (or this/Opaebinia a high defensive wall); that'll help them run over some things. But otherwise, it is pretty much a Burgesstoma card and really can't work anywhere else.

Card B is basically a stat booster that cannot die in battle. As a whole, I guess it's nice to help Level 2 decks run over a few things, but the stat boost effect seems a bit plain to me. But it's still usable for Rank 2s; just that there's no reason to use this over stuff like Centaurea and maybe stuff like 45. I guess it's also useful as a small wall if you need it.

-------

Voting A on this one, as it deals with one of the problems Burgesstomas have and can help them run over things as necessary. B isn't bad by any means (it's a nice support Rank 2), but it's outclassed a bit by other Rank 2s that can do more.

If you ask me:

Card A hinders itself from monster effects, including other Burgesstoma cards, which could provide a plus and a minus, but It has the characteristics of the archetype, focusing on Trap cards, I like that. And its effects also prevents the banishment of your own monsters, reducing the effort you need to bring them back to the field....

The card has a quite taxing summoning conditions, 3 Level 2's, consistent, and makes up for its effects....

Decent stats, and its a reverse Hallucigenia, which provides further boost to this archetype, and it also targets itself, to make a formidable wall.....

And the flexibility of the effect applies to any monster cards, not just Burgesstoma, making it quite versatile...

Card B has a battle destruction protection, as long as it has overlay units attached to it, which can be a formidable wall in the early turns, provide supports for further set up, it boosts ATK in either player turn, which can give quite a surprise to the Opponent..., but not that useful, considering many cards in the current metagame can overwhelm this card....and it has pretty low stats which makes up for its relative easy summoning condition, in a Rank 2 deck....

The conclusion, I vote for card A, since it has more complexity in its design, and provides support in the current metagame, especially, the banishing negation, Card B is slighlty bland on the exterior, but balanced and can be quite useful in certain dire situations....

Lets see what we have here:

Card A:

-Prevents Burgesstomas monsters from banishing themselves

-Doubles the attack points of a monster on the field for the cost of detaching 1 Xyz Material while it has a Trap Card as an Xyz Material.

-Unaffected by monster effects

Card B

-Cannot be destroyed by battle while it has Xyz Materials attached to it

-Gives a battling monster on your side of the field 1000 ATK during either player's turn for the cost of detaching 1 Xyz Material.

Card B's effect is pretty basic I mean it is good but it isn't as good as the effect of Card A as it is unaffected by other monster effects + Doubles the ATK of a monster on my side of the field + Prevents Burgesstomas monsters from banishing themselves and it also has decent stats for a Rank 2 the only downside is that it can get destroyed by battle but it makes up for that by having 2400 DEF.

Archived