[Written] Rise of the Snake King

Monarch King

Normal Trap Card

When a face-up "Venom" monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Vennominon the King of Poisonous Snakes" from your hand or Deck. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then reveal 1 "Venom" monster in your hand; send 1 Reptile-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Rise of the Snake King" once per turn.

I dont feel like it helps the deck enough, they have alot of reactive traps and things similar already iirc. They would really like a way to be more offensive and gain advantage from doing so, or just a better way at being defensive. 

Currently the card is too slow, it's a trap card that reacts to destruction so it is very slow and clinch, and is very easily predicted because of it, not to mention Vennominon isnt exactly a good plus in the first place and is easily steamrolled in alot of circumstances.

Another thing that bothers me is it's lack of venom counter relevance, in my opinion that's the way the archetype should be pushed.

The card could really do a lot more in my opinion, such as adding the field spell to your hand in the second effect, and giving the first effect more relevance.

Archived