gNAuapK.jpg

Deciduoushark

Level 7 - EARTH - Dinosaur-type monster

You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Dinosaur-Type monster. This card can attack your opponent directly, but if it does, use its DEF for damage calculation. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 2 Level 5 or lower Dinosaur-Type monsters (with the same Level) from your Deck. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using those 2 monsters only. 

ATK 2050/DEF 1000

- - - - - -

I kind of feel like i could boost his ATK some, given his level. But his effect is too good to make it too high... Maybe 2350?

also forest sharks are cool shuddup

CnC papi's

The text seems a bit shabby. You need to specify where you're summoning the monsters from, because if it's from hand, then that's one thing, but from Deck is a whole different thing. 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

It's definitely unique, to say the least. You've got a lot of potency with the effect to summon two Dinos and Xyz, too. You should, however, clarify that the levels of the monsters summoned should be the same, unless you were going for a 4+2=6=Solda deal, which doesn't really conform to the idea of Xyz Summon, therefore making it a different summon entirely. I also am not sure the clause is necessary, since dinosaurs really aren't very good by themselves. 

The direct attack is very interesting by the way it's balanced. I wonder, though, if you could somehow boost its DEF to a point that it would be dealing quite a bit of damage, although if you're putting that much effort into boosting DEF of an Attack-Position monster, you deserve it.

I'd advise this errata:

You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Dinosaur-type monster. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-type monsters from your [place] (with the same Level), then {so that you have to do both} Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-type Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck whose Rank is equal to the monsters' current Levels (this Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon). This card can attack your opponent directly, but if it does, use its DEF for damage calculation.

One or two OCG changes are arbitrary, but that's about it.

Thank you for the errata, man. And yeah, my hope with each card I make in this group is to make them unique in their own way. So, it's nice that you spoke up about it. And yeah, I guess it's nice to Xyz if you need to (Like Evolzar Dolkka, or somethin.) I know it isn't a 1 card meta-maker, but it's nice to have anyways, I suppose. If you want, you can smack for a clean 1000 or 2050, then during your opponent's turn, make a Laggia or something.

Unless there are other Dinosaur Xyzs you have planned, the only Rank 4 or lower Dinosaur Xyz in the game atm is Grenosaurus (which is not the most impressive). I assume this card was meant to be a Rescue Rabbit but only for Dinos as a way to resurrect Dino Rabbit, but the Evolsaur Xyzs are Dragons. This could be solved by removing the "only Dinosaur Xyzs" restriction like:

and if you do, Xyz Summon 1 Dinosaur-type monster Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck whose Rank equals those monsters' Levels

Other that that, I feel there needs to be more restrictions so that this doesn't end up like Rescue Cat (using its effect multiple times a turn). Either change the tribute cost to banishing (a la Rabbit) or change "Once per turn, during either player's turn" to "During either player's turn: ......    You can only use this effect of "Deciduoushark" once per turn."

I do like the idea of more Dinosaur support and being able to go into a surprise Laggia on your opponent's turn. This would potentially bring Dino Rabbit up to rogue tier when combined with new cards like An Unexpected Dai.

Thank you, ElectricBlock for the thoughts. I made a few of the changes you recommended to the card, though I didn't add the hard OPT to it, since as you said, this card wouldn't very much likely bring Dinos any higher than rogue tier, especially not since it requires a tribute to even work. Though it does allow you to SS Effect monsters level 5 or lower, I don't even think that Evols really use all that many natural Level 5s. If they do, then my apologies. Along with this, I made the Xyz you can make generic. I figure that if you have to tribute for this thing in the first place (with the inherent fact that this card is bricky in nature, due to its level) that you should get more bang for your buck.

Also bump.

Suggested OCG fix, taking tips from "Advanced Heraldy Art":

You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 Dinosaur-Type monster. This card can attack your opponent directly, but if it does, use its DEF for damage calculation. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 2 Level 5 or lower Dinosaur-Type monsters (with the same Level) from your Deck. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using those 2 monsters only.

Fix aside, the card looks fine IMO. It rewards with an Xyz, but in exchange it requires a bit of setup (e.g a Dinosaur for its Tribute Summon, place it in the grave to later revive it) so it shouldn't become too problematic.

Archived