Pokemon archetype. Full images displayed

Gamernation

****So with the hype of ''PokemonGo,'' I thought it'd be pretty cool to make an archtype around the genre. So lo' and behold, the Pokemon archetype. :Snoop Dogg:

The Album on my Flickr for the complete archtype

>>>https://flic.kr/s/aHskD3mAk9<<<

Thank you! Hope you enjoy

[spoiler=Cards in spoilers]

J1p6nof.jpg
pikachu
AKDKXyR.jpg
charmander

CVj78pX.jpg

Squirtle
ReUXSWZ.jpg

Bulbasuar
jGQoyE7.jpg

Ponyta
b7nEiPD.jpg

Riachu

KoUDywd.jpg

Rapid Dash

4oXsWd4.jpg

Venusuar

AjWjsXu.jpg

Charizard

scbehQw.jpg

Blastoise

k9Y9FOS.jpg

Huanter

QOY7SuZ.jpg

Rilou

OvHpfdo.jpg

Machamp

SRZiu0n.jpg

Gyradose

902EaUq.jpg

Onix

VHDXkJM.jpg

Lucario

kjFDYZj.jpg

Multres

YrOeQYg.jpg

Articuno

IsKqpXq.jpg

Zaptos

WqxiMrS.jpg

Lugia

8vTkXY4.jpg

HoHo

EhmXPbC.jpg

Dialga

aCxd11b.jpg

Groudon

178vw5A.jpg

Mewtwo

daAVE9g.jpg

Charizard X

vOh3NKu.jpg

Lucario Ex

RRHAGAp.jpg

Mewtwo X

8B7AqMa.jpg

Evolution

zKXqNpm.jpg

Pokeball

Next time, just update the thread you already have (and ask either me or one of my colleagues to move it to Advanced). Though with that said, realize that Advanced will have your cards graded with regards to the competitive world.

So can you "grade" or critique the deck? I aimed to make this deck impact the meta.

Since I like pokemon, I thought it'd be cool to critique these monsters.

First off, glad you limit your searcher Pikachu by only allowing it to add Basic Pokemon. People often don't put limits on their searchers, which is pretty annoying. I'm not sure why you have Charmander Special Summon from the hand, when Bulbasaur and Squirtle can be Special Summoned from the hand already. Glad you out hard once per turn on these effects though, good choice.

The synergy of Ponyta and Raichu is pretty good, and again having those hard once per turns is good. However, shuffling Raichu into the Deck to draw 1 card seems a bit OP. It makes a card that would commonly brick turn into a more useful card. Maybe make it so you can search out a Pikachu by doing so. Just a thought.

I like that you give effects to the Evolved Pokemon Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur to prevent them from bricking, but maybe it'd be better to make a field spell like Kozmotown to prevent this, as them inherently having the effects is a bit strong. Also, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Rapidash can abuse their ability to Special Summon multiple copies from the hand if only one pokemon is destroyed. Also, make Charizard a reptile, it's a lizard, not a Dragon (at least not yet).

I understand Haunter's ability, but it's honestly not worth the investment when you could just run Imperial Iron Wall.

Machamp is pretty good for non-targeting destruction, which is always nice. Glad you made it non-generic so other decks can't run it.

Gyrados should only require you to detach one Xyz Material for its effect honestly, it's not that powerful.

Onix is nice, it can help promote beat downs by Special Summoning those monsters used for the synchro summoning, which can in turn use their effects to search or special summon, and attack for good damage.

Honestly Articuno doesn't seem worth it to me, most targeting aims for destruction, so Zapdos is much better. Moltres would also be good to help protect your weaker pokemon from battle, which is an easy form of destruction.

Lugia seems weaker than Zapdos honestly, it requires a cost, wheras Zapdos has it as an inherent effect.

Ho-oh should be stronger, just make it a Phoenix that can revive itself from the grave if its destroyed. Giving it monster or spell destruction would be good too, to fit in with the fire theme. It's effect to lrevent special summoning from the extra deck seems a bit weird, but not too bad.

Dialga is a ridiculously powerful flood gate, this is what you'd want to aim for everytime. Synchro summon it turn 1, then turn 2, and you've got a good chance for a beat down. Again, it's good that you have it locked to this deck.

Groudon's non-targeting banishment should just occur at the end of the battle phase honestly, it'd be a lot better that way.

Mewtwo is honestly kind of lackluster. Decent beatstick, and its effect of destroying your opponent's hand is good, but Dialga is honestly so much better.

For Charizard X you should probably have its summoning requirements be one "Charazard" and 1 "Dragon-Type" monster. Then make a spell called Mega Stone, which would function like Eye of Timaeus, it allows you to Special Summon Mega Pokemon from your graveyard by sending 1 Pokemon fusion material required for it to the grave.

For the continuous spell, you shouldn't have it say when its activated, just have it say "once per turn you can...". Or else you can only use the soell once, lol. Also, you should make it so it has to be the same attribute as the pokemon on the field to out some limitations on it.

I like that Pokeball has an effect once it hits the grave akin to that of Return of the Dragon Lords. It's effect is pretty good, like its returning fainted pokemon back to your hand.

Since I like pokemon, I thought it'd be cool to critique these monsters.

First off, glad you limit your searcher Pikachu by only allowing it to add Basic Pokemon. People often don't put limits on their searchers, which is pretty annoying. I'm not sure why you have Charmander Special Summon from the hand, when Bulbasaur and Squirtle can be Special Summoned from the hand already. Glad you out hard once per turn on these effects though, good choice.

The synergy of Ponyta and Raichu is pretty good, and again having those hard once per turns is good. However, shuffling Raichu into the Deck to draw 1 card seems a bit OP. It makes a card that would commonly brick turn into a more useful card. Maybe make it so you can search out a Pikachu by doing so. Just a thought.

I like that you give effects to the Evolved Pokemon Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur to prevent them from bricking, but maybe it'd be better to make a field spell like Kozmotown to prevent this, as them inherently having the effects is a bit strong. Also, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Rapidash can abuse their ability to Special Summon multiple copies from the hand if only one pokemon is destroyed. Also, make Charizard a reptile, it's a lizard, not a Dragon (at least not yet).

I understand Haunter's ability, but it's honestly not worth the investment when you could just run Imperial Iron Wall.

Machamp is pretty good for non-targeting destruction, which is always nice. Glad you made it non-generic so other decks can't run it.

Gyrados should only require you to detach one Xyz Material for its effect honestly, it's not that powerful.

Onix is nice, it can help promote beat downs by Special Summoning those monsters used for the synchro summoning, which can in turn use their effects to search or special summon, and attack for good damage.

Honestly Articuno doesn't seem worth it to me, most targeting aims for destruction, so Zapdos is much better. Moltres would also be good to help protect your weaker pokemon from battle, which is an easy form of destruction.

Lugia seems weaker than Zapdos honestly, it requires a cost, wheras Zapdos has it as an inherent effect.

Ho-oh should be stronger, just make it a Phoenix that can revive itself from the grave if its destroyed. Giving it monster or spell destruction would be good too, to fit in with the fire theme. It's effect to lrevent special summoning from the extra deck seems a bit weird, but not too bad.

Dialga is a ridiculously powerful flood gate, this is what you'd want to aim for everytime. Synchro summon it turn 1, then turn 2, and you've got a good chance for a beat down. Again, it's good that you have it locked to this deck.

Groudon's non-targeting banishment should just occur at the end of the battle phase honestly, it'd be a lot better that way.

Mewtwo is honestly kind of lackluster. Decent beatstick, and its effect of destroying your opponent's hand is good, but Dialga is honestly so much better.

For Charizard X you should probably have its summoning requirements be one "Charazard" and 1 "Dragon-Type" monster. Then make a spell called Mega Stone, which would function like Eye of Timaeus, it allows you to Special Summon Mega Pokemon from your graveyard by sending 1 Pokemon fusion material required for it to the grave.

For the continuous spell, you shouldn't have it say when its activated, just have it say "once per turn you can...". Or else you can only use the soell once, lol. Also, you should make it so it has to be the same attribute as the pokemon on the field to out some limitations on it.

I like that Pokeball has an effect once it hits the grave akin to that of Return of the Dragon Lords. It's effect is pretty good, like its returning fainted pokemon back to your hand.

I was very happy to read ypour thoughts. I think you made some great points. I like huanter since decks like kozmo would be stunned a turn, and that's pretty good. I'll alter dia to have weaker attack since his effect is very good, and I'll reconsider how I'll write the effects of the evolved Pokemon, since I feel like they'd easily go off on a series of combos.

Okay, I'll critique these real quick.

First off, I think Riolu should be a normal monster, and make it so Lucario must be synchro summoned by using it as the non-tuner material. While Lucario targets, spinning cards back to the deck is pretty strong, so adding this limitation would be really helpful. Espeically since Lucario EX can spin up to two monsters of your opponent's without targeting.

I really like that you make the mega evolved pokemon able to escape targeting by tributing themselves to summon evolved counterparts, it's a really good mechanic.

Okay, I'll critique these real quick.

First off, I think Riolu should be a normal monster, and make it so Lucario must be synchro summoned by using it as the non-tuner material. While Lucario targets, spinning cards back to the deck is pretty strong, so adding this limitation would be really helpful. Espeically since Lucario EX can spin up to two monsters of your opponent's without targeting.

I really like that you make the mega evolved pokemon able to escape targeting by tributing themselves to summon evolved counterparts, it's a really good mechanic.

I like the idea of rilou having a bigger role. I'll try to reconsider the effects of lucario and lucario Ex, thank you .

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind that you're past the two week threshold for bumping content in this section. However, you're allowed up to two months IF you have made some form of updates. I don't see any differences between now and the last time I came in here.

Feel free to remake the thread, but as-is, it's getting locked.

Archived