Ultimate Full Burst! [anime only card retrain] *I rescind my lock request*

ultimate%20full%20burst_zpsnpbqzirk.png

Target 1 Xyz monster you control that has an xyz monster as an xyz material; it gains 500 ATK and if it does, it can attack every monster your opponent controls this turn (one attack on each monster per Battle Phase). Also negate all other Trap Card effects on the field this turn. Spell and Trap Cards cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. If this Set card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: you can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" spell card from your deck to your hand.

The idea was to enable a truly impressive turn around finish like you might see in the anime, while still making a card that's not too situational as a whole. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

edit: Perhaps an OTK could be made with this and this:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Requiem_Xyz_Dragon

Okay, I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to make a card that enables turn arounds is usually a bad idea for advanced design. While turnarounds are a cool thing to see in the anime, in real life turnarounds don't usually hinge on one card, they rely on the person playing while keeping in mind not to overextend, so when their field is cleared, they still have resources to make a comeback. I've had a few come from behind victories in my times, and only once has come down to one card, (that card being Beacon of White).

But onto the card. As it's a trap, it's inherently slow, which is a problem since it has such a tight restriction. It requires you to have an Xyz monster with Xyz Material under it, and right now I'm thinking the only major monsters in the current meta with those restriction are Number 77: The Seven Sins, Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon, Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, and Cyber Dragon Infinity. None of these monsters would particularly benefit from the 500 ATK boost to beat over these thing, except for possibly Infinity, and none of them have the necessay protection to stay an extra turn, except again, possibly Infinity. Second, you need to replace "(one attack on each monster per battle phase)", with "once each." Third, the negate all other Trap cards on the field, is misworded, it should be "Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards this turn." But honestly, for all the things you have to go through to use this card, that semi-armades effect isn't really worth much. It should be the full thing, "If that monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step." That last effect is fine in all honesty, no way to shenanigan it by destroying the card yourself I guess.

Altogether, a rather unimpressive card. I feel you should probably just make this card more generic, by allowing it to be used on any monster, make it a spell, have a cost to compensate for this, like paying 1000 LP or something. This card feels like it could be built into a potential OTK deck, but right now it needs a lot of work.

Okay, I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to make a card that enables turn arounds is usually a bad idea for advanced design. While turnarounds are a cool thing to see in the anime, in real life turnarounds don't usually hinge on one card, they rely on the person playing while keeping in mind not to overextend, so when their field is cleared, they still have resources to make a comeback. I've had a few come from behind victories in my times, and only once has come down to one card, (that card being Beacon of White).

But onto the card. As it's a trap, it's inherently slow, which is a problem since it has such a tight restriction. It requires you to have an Xyz monster with Xyz Material under it, and right now I'm thinking the only major monsters in the current meta with those restriction are Number 77: The Seven Sins, Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon, Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, and Cyber Dragon Infinity. None of these monsters would particularly benefit from the 500 ATK boost to beat over these thing, except for possibly Infinity, and none of them have the necessay protection to stay an extra turn, except again, possibly Infinity. Second, you need to replace "(one attack on each monster per battle phase)", with "once each." Third, the negate all other Trap cards on the field, is misworded, it should be "Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards this turn." But honestly, for all the things you have to go through to use this card, that semi-armades effect isn't really worth much. It should be the full thing, "If that monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step." That last effect is fine in all honesty, no way to shenanigan it by destroying the card yourself I guess.

Altogether, a rather unimpressive card. I feel you should probably just make this card more generic, by allowing it to be used on any monster, make it a spell, have a cost to compensate for this, like paying 1000 LP or something. This card feels like it could be built into a potential OTK deck, but right now it needs a lot of work.

I was worried it wouldn't be that good. Oh well... My intention with the trap stun-esque effect is that you can xyz summon, activate this with priority, and be trap free for 1 turn. I could be wrong, but don't most disruptive traps activate in the main phase instead of when an attack is declared?

My OCG however, is correct:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Trap_Stun

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_HERO_Wildedge

I was worried it wouldn't be that good. Oh well... My intention with the trap stun-esque effect is that you can xyz summon, activate this with priority, and be trap free for 1 turn. I could be wrong, but don't most disruptive traps activate in the main phase instead of when an attack is declared?

My OCG however, is correct:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Trap_Stun

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_HERO_Wildedge

Well the only main phase trap you have to worry about is solemn strike. Whereas during battle you have to worry about battle traps, or monster effects like Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.

Well the only main phase trap you have to worry about is solemn strike. Whereas during battle you have to worry about battle traps, or monster effects like Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.

Whatever happened to torrential tribute, compulsory evac, and all the good versions of trap hole?

Also, how is cyber dragon infinity still a relavent after TELLARKNIGHT PTOLEMAEUS got banned [the all caps was a copy paste thing]?

Archived