[Written]Xenoblade Dragon

Thomas★Zero

Xenoblade Dragon

Rank 8 WIND

Dragon/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 8 Dragon-Type Monsters

This card can also be Xyz Summoned by using 2 or more monsters you control with Levels whose total combined Level total equals 8 as Xyz Materials. Once per turn during either players turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect during the Battle-Phase: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that cards effects until the End-Phase that turn. If this card attack a defence position monster, inflict piercing battle damage.

ATK/3000 DEF/2500

Hmmm...abit pesky about being able to summon this with monsters whose total Levels equal 8 as this will definitely see play in Rank 4 Decks such as Performapals as it is a 3000 beatstick that negates Mirror Forces (I wonder what the rulings are on this one, like does it get set back or go to the Graveyard?) and other effects during the Battle Phase and inflicts piercing damage. It's also Rock-Type for some reason, despite its name suggesting otherwise. Also, its Attribute is WIND which means that it will see plays in Harpies and such as they are mostly Level 4's. Not sure what I think about this card, mainly because its a little too powerful considering you can summon it using two Level 4's, so maybe limit its effects when summoned this way?

Okay you WHAT

This thing is a Rock-type WIND Attribute Dragon?

WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION

- - - - -

Jokes aside, this card, for how easy it is to make, is ridiculously good. (//sarcasm) It's an alright card, but I'm hesitant to allow it the go ahead, considering you can make it easily in any R4nk spam deck. With its beefy ATK stat and piercing effect, coupled with its effect negation in the Battle Phase, this feels less like a usual Yu-Gi-Oh! card you'd see nowadays, and instead a card they'd use in the Anime as an evil dude's boss monster. I mean, it has all the components of one anyways: beefy ATK, scary sounding name, no protection effects to speak of, besides that one that makes Mirror Force useless, and piercing.

Always gotta have piercing.

If I were you, the only thing of this I'd change is that, if it's Xyz Summoned using its effect, that it has its original ATK and DEF reduced to 2000 and 500, respectfully. That'd balance this card out, imo. (Or make its original ATK 2500 and DEF 0.)

So you can basically psuedo-Synchro Summon this without tuners, that honestly makes it seems a bit strong. Anyway, feels like it wouldn't be worth the deck space in a Blue-Eyes deck, which is the primary Rank 8 Dragon deck this meta. As anti-Kozmo support it's great, but unfortunately you're opponent will probably just tag out their pilots into Dark Destroyer to get rid of this thing before the Battle Phase, so you'll have to be careful on when to summon this. I do like that it deals with battle traps and hand traps nicely though.

Archived