[Leaderboard] Aez vs. Ecchitori! A Battle of Spirits! [Let the voting begin!]

ÆƵ–

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply

First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.

Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

The deadline for cards is 48 hours after challenge has been accepted

The deadline for votes is 96 hours (that's 4 days for all you non-math folks) after cards have been posted

In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

1st place gets a rep from 2nd place.

All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:

Lol I dunno u pick

Spirit monster time, bith-es

Entries:

Card A:

Da Peng
Level 8/ WIND
Fish/ Spirit/ Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by banishing 1 face-up Spirit Monster you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand, and target 1 of your banished Spirit Monster; shuffle the target into the Deck.

2800 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Card B:

Yosuzume

Level 4/ WIND

Fiend/ Spirit/ Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. If this card is Summoned: you can add 1 card from your Deck  to your hand that mentions Spirit Monsters in its card effect. You can only use this effect of "Yosuzume" once per turn. If this card is banished: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand.

1500 ATK/ 1400 DEF

The returning to your Deck for Card A is not as helpful as one might think. There are many other cards which can do stuff with it while it's banished, and placing it back in your deck could hurt consistency a little. Considering it's mandatory, it's not so nice. Having an armades for spirits is helpful, however, and one that can be Special Summon no less, but since it requires a Spirit face-up...eh, not that fabulous any more. Espirits want their cards in their Graveyard or face-up, and it takes effort to get Spirit presence. I mean, if it had to banish a face-up monster, that would be fine, but the Spirit requirement lowers its power level.

Minus points for Card B in the fact that the searching effect doesn't say "if this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up", even thought that's just a flavor issue. It is a neat effect, as it searches quite a few Spirit cards, including monsters, and the fact that none of the Spell/Trap support have an archetypal name/theme. I wouldn't think the HOPT is required, but it's on Summon and now we have Espirits, so that can stay as is. The on banish effect is beautiful, as the lack of OPT seems scary but when you think about it you won't be banishing that fast anyway, and it's spirits so its fine for now. And really, even without Espirits, the search is something you want.

Vote for Card B.

The returning to your Deck for Card A is not as helpful as one might think. There are many other cards which can do stuff with it while it's banished, and placing it back in your deck could hurt consistency a little. Considering it's mandatory, it's not so nice.

Please site some examples. I fail to see cards that would want Spirit monsters stay banished.

Having an armades for spirits is helpful, however, and one that can be Special Summon no less, but since it requires a Spirit face-up...eh, not that fabulous any more. Espirits want their cards in their Graveyard or face-up, and it takes effort to get Spirit presence. I mean, if it had to banish a face-up monster, that would be fine, but the Spirit requirement lowers its power level.

What is wrong with requiring a Spirit monster? This is designed for a Spirit Deck.. Card B is designed for Spirit Deck. They are not tech cards. I mean, yeah sure, maybe a couple of Battle Faders and what not can appear in such a Deck, but you'll be rocking Spirit monsters in the field most of the time anyways (yes, i know they won't be staying in the field too). Most Spirit Monsters have on-Summon effect anyways so you're not really going to miss anything special. Summon Aratama. Search this. Banish the Aratama and get a 3K-ish beater. If you have Espirit Powerspot (not released yet but still), you can search the shuffled monster again if you want.

Please site some examples. I fail to see cards that would want Spirit monsters stay banished.

Nothing directly, no. I said that wrong, as my idea changed halfway through writing it, and I forgot to change it. My main point is I would rather they stay banished than be forced to shuffle them into my deck with no benefit.

What is wrong with requiring a Spirit monster? This is designed for a Spirit Deck.. Card B is designed for Spirit Deck. They are not tech cards. I mean, yeah sure, maybe a couple of Battle Faders and what not can appear in such a Deck, but you'll be rocking Spirit monsters in the field most of the time anyways (yes, i know they won't be staying in the field too). Most Spirit Monsters have on-Summon effect anyways so you're not really going to miss anything special. Summon Aratama. Search this. Banish the Aratama and get a 3K-ish beater. If you have Espirit Powerspot (not released yet but still), you can search the shuffled monster again if you want.

Requiring a monster isn't that good, considering how slow Spirits are. The reason I suggested widening it was so that it had a little more utility as a tech. You say you won't be missing much, but the on Summon effect is the key element of spirits, that you get them back and get to reuse them.

Archived