[Leaderboard] Aez vs. Dova! A Battle of Rank Magic! [Sudden Death (tm)]

ÆƵ–

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours after challenge has been accepted
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (that's 4 days for all you non-math folks) after cards have been posted
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:
1st place gets a rep from 2nd place.
All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:
Lol I dunno u pick

Rank- spell

Da Cardz:

Card A:

Rank-Flux Magic Mystery Force

Normal Spell

Target 1 Xyz Monster and 1 Monster with a Level equal to the targeted Xyz Monster's Rank in your Graveyard; Banish the first target, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck that is either 1 Rank higher or 1 Rank lower than the banished Xyz Monster, and if you do that, attach the second target as Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) If an Xyz Monster you control that has an Xyz Material whose Level is different than the Xyz Monster's Rank is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Rank-Flux Magic Mystery Force" once per Duel.

Card B:

Rank-Down-Magic Chaos Decent

Normal Spell

Target 1 Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 monster with a different Attribute but the same type as that monster you control but 1 Rank lower by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.) If you would detach an Xyz Material(s) from a LIGHT or DARK Xyz Monster you control, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Here goes my first 1v1 vote in a while.

Card A gives Rank 4 Decks access to Cyber Dragon Infinity. It can also return itself to the hand when it's destroyed, but at least it can only be used once per duel. It also gives them access to other Rank 3's and Rank 5's, but i'm not sure if they are better than going into Infinity.

Card B is more generic than A, but it requires the same type and it Special Summons a monster with a different Attribute and 1 lower Rank. It's second effect gives a LIGHT or DARK Xyz Monster an extra Xyz Material, but it kind of forces you to go into specific Xyz Monsters to make use of it making the card less generic than I thought.

My vote goes to A as it gives Rank 4 Decks access to Infinity without going overboard like Ptolemaeus did.

A "Rank-" Spell Card that Summons an Xyz Monster. Rank-Up, Rank-Down, Rank-Same (lol that sounds stupid, dont actually use that) let's do what Konami didn't!

1-0 Card A, if that's alright with you dova

Here goes my first 1v1 vote in a while.

Card A gives Rank 4 Decks access to Cyber Dragon Infinity. It can also return itself to the hand when it's destroyed, but at least it can only be used once per duel. It also gives them access to other Rank 3's and Rank 5's, but i'm not sure if they are better than going into Infinity.

Card B is more generic than A, but it requires the same type and it Special Summons a monster with a different Attribute and 1 lower Rank. It's second effect gives a LIGHT or DARK Xyz Monster an extra Xyz Material, but it kind of forces you to go into specific Xyz Monsters to make use of it making the card less generic than I thought.

My vote goes to A as it gives Rank 4 Decks access to Infinity without going overboard like Ptolemaeus did.

Archived