[Leaderboard] Rainbow Quasar vs Ecchitori (Closed)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

▪ All Leaderboard rules apply

▪ Best of 3 votes, or most votes by deadline wins.

▪ All voters must elaborate on their votes.

▪ Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they refuse the vote.

▪ You are permitted to vote C if you do not feel that either card deserves to win by virtue of design.

▪ Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

▪ Non-Written cards will be converted into written format to ensure anonymity.

▪ Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

▪ In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

▪ The deadline for entries is 2 days after accepting a challenger.

▪ The contest ends 3 days after the cards are uploaded.

▪ In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

▪ The winner gets a rep from the loser.

▪ All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

▪ Challenger's choice.

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]Brune, Tri-Headed Dragon of Dark World

DARK / Rank 8

Fiend/Xyz/Effect

2 Level 8 "Dark World" monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can add 1 "Dark World" card from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card. Cannot be targeted by card effects while it has Xyz Material. During either player's turn, if you have a card(s) in your hand: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Dark World" monster in your Graveyard, except "Brune, Tri-Headed Dragon of Dark World"; Special Summon it, then discard 1 card. You can only activate 1 " Brune, Tri-Headed Dragon of Dark World" effect per turn, and only once during that turn.

2900/2000

[spoiler=Card B]Deathrider Abigor

DARK / Level 6

Zombie / Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card attacks your opponent directly, its ATK is halved during damage calculation only. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck whose ATK is lower than or equal to the damage inflicted by this card but it cannot attack this turn and is destroyed during the End Phase.

3000/0

Card A is pretty much only going to be summoned via double Graphas at the moment, though I'm not sure how often they can field that nowadays. For what it's worth, card has respectable stats, protection from targeting removal (which is still prevalent for the most part) and lets you revive dead Archetypal bosses [probably another Grapha that you detached, then trigger something else], plus search power. I probably said this in a previous contest involving a Dark World Xyz; unless Dark Worlds get more monsters of a certain Level, the Xyz bosses will be difficult to make. Right now, card is restricted to only Grapha as a viable mat (unless external support is used on the other stuff to make them viable), but I don't see the latter happening. This card is good, but not seeing this being used much (or really, how often can Dark Worlds Rank 8?)

Card B is a 1-Tribute beatstick that can't be SS'd. Flavor-wise, it is rather awkward to see a Zombie that CAN'T be revived or SS'd, but its high ATK for a Level 6 is probably a reason, coupled with piercing and free summoning. As it stands, I suppose the halving direct damage thing is acceptable to compensate for this card's large ATK value and SS power thereof, Part of me doesn't exactly agree with this giving access to Special Summoning any monster you want from the Deck within the damage amount. In most cases, I don't think it'd be too much.

---

Card A: Searcher/combo enabler for Dark Worlds that gets targeting immunity if it has mats on.

Card B: High power beater that can freely SS a monster equal to inflicted damage, but loses power if it direct attacks and must be Tribute Summoned.

---

To be really honest, I didn't feel swayed by either of the cards, but I suppose I'll give it to A because it at least helps Dark Worlds go into plays, despite the limited ways they can even Rank 8 from my knowledge (as I mentioned earlier, it is a good card, but they just don't have the means of summoning it much). B is basically a high power piercer that generates monsters; looking at common Decks, not sure what can feasibly use it.

Archived