[Written] Interest Return

Thomas★Zero

Interest Return

Spell Card

Shuffle any number of cards from your hand into your deck, then, draw cards equal to the number of cards shuffled this way +1. During your Main-Phase, you can banish this card from your graveyard face-down; shuffle 2 cards from your graveyard into your deck, then, draw 1 card. You can only activate one "Interest Return" effect per turn and only once that turn.

OCG Fix:

Shuffle any number of cards from your hand into your Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards shuffled this way +1. During your Main Phase: you can banish this card from your Graveyard, face-down; shuffle 2 cards from your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Interest Return" effect per turn, and only once during that turn.

Its first effect is basically Magical Mallet that isn't a -1. Its second effect a Jar of Avarice that doesn't target and shuffles 2 cards instead of 5. Its first effect is ok. It's not necessarily op, but I just don't like how it's better than Magical Mallet without having any drawbacks except for a hard OPT. As for its second effect, I don't like it. I find it too generic to be able to shuffle any 2 cards from your Graveyard into the Deck and then draw 1, even more so because of the Foolish Burial for Spells/Traps that we're getting soon. So here's my suggestion:

Shuffle up to 3 cards from your hand into your Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards shuffled this way +1. During your Main Phase, if this card was not sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, face-down; Shuffle 3 monsters from your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card.

This fixes the following:

-Limits the first effect so that it can only shuffle up to 3 cards.

-Its second effect now shuffles 3 monsters instead of 2 cards.

-Removes a hard OPT from the first effect since the card is now more limited, so it isn't needed.

Archived