[Leaderboard] CuriousHeartless Vs. Dova (Closed)

CuriousHeartless

I've been in a few 1-v-1s might as well host my first at sime point.

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply

•Best of 3 votes, or most votes by deadline wins.

•All voters must elaborate on their votes.

•Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they refuse the vote.

•You are permitted to vote C if you do not feel that either card deserves to win by virtue of design.

• Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

•Non-Written cards will be converted into written format to ensure anonymity.

• Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

• In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

• The deadline for entries is 2 days after accepting a challenger.

•The contest ends 3 days after the cards are uploaded.

• In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.

• All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

• Challenger's choice. (A Psychic type that isn't LIGHT or DARK)

[spoiler=Card A]

Conscious Atmosphere

WIND/Level 3

Psychic/Effect

0 ATK/1900 DEF

When this card is Summoned: You can pay 800 LP, then target 1 of your banished Psychic-Type monsters; Special Summon it. During either player's turn; You can banish this card until the end of this turn. If this card is banished from your Graveyard; You can draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Conscious Atmosphere" once per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]

Coral Brain

WATER/Level 3

Psychic/Effect

800 ATK/1500 DEF

During the end step, if you Synchro Summoned a Psychic-Type monster this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Coral Brain" once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned, it is treated as a Tuner monster and gains the following effect:

•Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect while you control a face-up Synchro Monster.

Just for clarification, does Card A banish itself from the Graveyard, the field, or both?

Since it isn't specified, you can assume field, combine with the "until end of turn" thing. It should've had more detail, though.

Card B can't do anything until your Main Phase 2, which doesn't even exist on the first turn, and only if you are already able to make a play. I don't like that you tried to balance its free recursion in this way. I do like that you can have it be both a Tuner or a non-Tuner monster.

Card A makes and fuels plays. I like its "protection" more than Card B's because it seems more reliable. Card B can stall but is bad at it anyway because of its dependency. Oh, and it makes you pay LP.

Card A.

Since it isn't specified, you can assume field, combine with the "until end of turn" thing. It should've had more detail, though.

The current amount of detail is sufficient.

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't do anything until your Main Phase 2". It works during the Main Phase 1 if you use it as material for a summoning or during the end step if you get its effect.

You're right in that it's not completely dead, but at that point it's just a Normal Monster (not quite, but close to it; also aware it can be used to fulfill its own effect) without any of the associated Normal Monster support. It can take your Normal Summon and become a Synchro Material, or it can be Special Summoned as a Tuner without using its effect and become a Synchro Material, but so can many other cards which serve those circumstances much better.

So by "doing anything," I mean using the card and its effects.

Archived