Banishing Face Down: Stormfront Archetype

MUDKIPISAWESOME!!!

Hi, everyone. I've been goofing around with making cards on here for a while now, mostly to satisfy my love for Kingdom Hearts, but I've never really tried the forum side until now, so please forgive me if I goof up and let me know how I did so I can be more careful in the future, particularly as I don't really use Forums for anything. This post is about an Archetype I'm making for a story I'm writing. Titled "Stormfront" the Archetype consists of WIND Monsters of varying Types that generally focus on Banishing cards Face-Down and doing fun things with that sort of ability. There are a couple cards that may make you stretch your brain a little, but they should mostly not be too confusing.

I'm open to suggestions about effects, but I make no guarantees that any Stormfront card will actually be changed because one of you said it should be - in the end, I'm still the guy who made the card. If you want, you're more than welcome to make your own cards based on how you think Stormfront should be running(I'm certainly not about to stop you), and if you do I'd honestly love to see what you come up with. Also, I don't really have pictures for any of these cards because I use a cardmaker on my iPod and can't upload them here, so if someone ever ends up making one of these cards in a cardmaker with what they think is a really cool picture, I'd love it if you could show me because I don't like all the pictures I have for Stormfronts and I might like what you can find better. Anyways, enough rambling, how about some actual card descriptions?

COTC-EN001: Kara, Princess of Stormfront

Level 7 WIND Spellcaster Type Effect Monster

If this card is in your hand: You can Banish 3 WIND Monsters from your Graveyard, Face-Down; Special Summon this card. You may only control one "Kara, Princess of Stormfront". Once per turn, you may attach one WIND Monster from your Extra Deck to this card as if it was an Xyz Material. This card gains the effects of the attached Monster(s). During your End Phase: Banish any cards attached to this card, Face-Down, then Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down.

ATK/DEF 2500/2300

NOTE: I am aware Kara's attach effect may seem controversial. I have checked online with a certified judge, who has also checked rulings and rules, and has informed me that nowhere in the rules does it say that Materials must be attached to an Xyz Monster. In other words, Kara does not "break" the rules, and I will probably ignore anyone who attempts to tell me she does. Also, as an interesting bit of trivia, apparently if you use Book of Moon to flip her Face-Down and then flip her back Face-Up next turn and attach to her again while you have two Xyz Monsters on the Field, you would be able to use Xyz Gift and detach the two cards from Kara as your cost.

COTC-EN002: Tahn, Maid of Stormfront

Level 4 WIND Warrior Type Effect Monster

If this card is in your hand: You may Banish one WIND Monster from your Graveyard, Face-Down; Special Summon this card. If this card is destroyed: You may Banish one Quick-Play Spell card from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, Face-Down; apply its effect as the effect of this card. You may only use each effect of "Tahn, Maid of Stormfront" once per Duel.

ATK/DEF 1800/1500

COTC-EN003: Lhynce, Dimensionist of Stormfront

Level 0 Psychic Effect Pendulum Monster

Scale 0

Pendulum Effect:

If you Pendulum Summon any Level 1 Monsters, take 1000 Damage for each Level 1 Monster successfully Pendulum Summoned, also negate their effects. This damage cannot be avoided or transferred in any way. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the same turn. You may not Pendulum Summon Level 1 Monsters from your hand. The effects of this card cannot be negated.

Monster Effect:

(This card's Level is treated as 1 while it is not Face-Up in the Extra Deck.)

While this card is Face-Up in your Extra Deck; You may Banish it; Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down. This card is unaffected by card effects while it is Banished. The effects of this card cannot be negated.

ATK/DEF 0/0

NOTE: Lhynce and her Pendulum counterpart Glin are far from finished and are probably the cards I'm most open to suggestions for. The reason Lhynce is unaffected by card effects while Banished is to prevent her from leaving the Banished cards.

COTC-EN004: Imukat, Archer of Stormfront

Level 4 WIND Warrior Type Effect Monster

Once per turn, if a card is Banished Face-Down, you may Banish one random card from your opponent's Extra Deck, Face-Down. You may only use this effect of "Imukat, Archer of Stormfront" up to thrice per Duel.

ATK/DEF 1450/1450

NOTE: Imukat was designed as a counter for ABC-Dragon Buster - they can't exactly use it if it's been Banished Face-Down. I didn't realize he was such effective hate against so many Decks when used properly, but I feel he's hardly overpowered as very few Decks rely on Banishing cards Face-Down.

COTC-EN005: Darcnia, Sky Castle of Stormfront

Field Spell card

Face-Down Banished cards are unaffected by card effects, except for the effects of "Stormfront" cards. The turn player can Banish one WIND Monster from their hand to Banish the top card of their opponent's Deck, Face-Down. Each player may only use the effect of "Darcnia, Sky Castle of Stormfront" once per turn. Cards cannot be Banished except by the effect of a "Stormfront" card. When this card leaves the Field: Flip all Banished cards Face-Down.

NOTE: The first effect is to prevent your opponent from using Electrum or Necroface to shuffle all those Face-Down Banished cards you so carefully built up back into their Deck.

COTC-EN006: Suraci, Fallen from Stormfront

Level 4 WIND Winged Beast Type Effect Monster

If this card is in your hand: you may reveal this card, then Banish this card, Face-Down; add one Field Spell card from your Deck to your hand. This card gains 200 ATK for each Field Spell on the Field. You may Banish this card and one Field Spell you control, Face-Down; Special Summon one "Stormfront" Monster with a Level of 5 or lower from your Deck. You may only use one effect of "Suraci, Fallen from Stormfront" per turn, and only once per turn.

ATK/DEF 1500/1500

COTC-EN007: Jirahn, Swordsman of Stormfront

Level 6 Warrior Type Effect Monster

When this card would destroy a Monster by battle: you may instead Banish the Monster, Face-Down. There must be another "Stormfront" Monster, except "Jirahn, Swordsman of Stormfront" to activate and resolve this effect.

ATK/DEF 2150/2150

NOTE: I designed Jirahn as a way around Pendulums because they bug me.

COTC-EN008: Glin, Fairy of Stormfront

Level 8 Fairy Type Effect Pendulum Monster

Scale 9

Pendulum Effect:

If you Pendulum Summon any Level 8 Monsters: Take 1000 Damage for each Level 8 Monster successfully Pendulum Summoned, also negate their effects, also you cannot Special Summon Monsters for the rest of the turn. This damage cannot be avoided or transferred in any way. You cannot Pendulum Summon Level 8 Monsters from the Extra Deck. These effects cannot be negated.

Monster Effect:

Reduce the Level/Rank of all WIND Monsters on the Field and in your hand by 1. You may only control up to two "Glin, Fairy of Stormfront". If a Monster, except for a "Stormfront" Monster, has its Level/Rank reduced below 2 by this effect, it gains the following effect:

Increase the ATK of this card by 100 for each of your Face-Down Banished cards.

ATK/DEF 2050/2050

NOTE: I added that you can't avoid or transfer the the effect damage to prevent people from just using Barrel Behind the Door or Rebel King Leonidas or Oracle King D'Arc to get out of taking the damage.

COTC-EN009: Mirati, Ghost of Stormfront

Level 2 Spellcaster Type Spirit Monster

Cannot be Special Summoned or used as material for a Synchro or Xyz Summon. If your Normal Summon this turn was a "Stormfront" Monster: you may reveal this card in your hand; Set it. You may only use this effect of "Mirati, Ghost of Stormfront" once per turn. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped Face-Up: Banish cards from the bottom of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down, equal to the number of "Stormfront" Monsters you control. During the End Phase: return this card to your hand.

ATK/DEF 50/50

COTC-EN010: Khitaan, Blade Champion of Stormfront

Level 10 Warrior Type Effect Monster

Cannot be Special Summoned, except from the Banished cards. This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the number of your Face-Down Banished cards x 250. Neither player takes battle damage from attacks involving this card. Once per turn, during each player's End Phase: Your opponent flips one of your Face-Down Banished cards Face-Up; if it is a WIND Monster, Banish the top two cards of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down.

ATK/DEF ?/?

So that's the first ten cards. I'm going to wait a little bit before I add the rest because I'm not certain I posted this in the right area and I don't want to throw everything I have out here only to have it get removed. Please let me know if I did this right because, as I mentioned before, this is my first time using the Forums so I don't really know what I'm doing. SANKYU

Well it's been a week and nobody said I did anything wrong so I'm putting up the rest of the cards. Again, I'd be fine with hearing input and stuff - I want to hear your critiques, in fact - but I can't guarantee anything will get changed because of your comments. Here we go.

COTC-EN011: Kleihn, Knight of Stormfront

Level 7 Warrior Type Effect Monster

If a "Stormfront" Monster activates its effect: You may Banish one WIND Monster from your Graveyard, Face-Down; Banish one card your opponent controls, Face-Down. You may only use this effect of "Kleihn, Knight of Stormfront" up to twice per turn. If a "Stormfront" Monster would be destroyed by a card effect: You may Banish this Face-Up card you control, Face-Down; Negate the effect.

ATK/DEF 2550/2500

COTC-EN012: Stormfront's Heavenly Gust

Normal Spell Card

Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down. You may Banish this card from your Graveyard; Banish one random card from your opponent's hand, Face-Down. During either player's turn, while this card is Banished: You may flip it Face-Down; Banish one card from your opponent's Graveyard, Face-Down. You may only use one effect of "Stormfront's Heavenly Gust" per turn, and only once that turn.

COTC-EN013: Kagekaze, Ninja of Stormfront

Level 4 Warrior Type Effect Monster

You may Banish one "Stormfront" or "Ninja" card from your Graveyard, Face-Down; Shuffle this card into the Deck, then Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down. If you draw this card during your Draw Phase while you control a "Stormfront" or "Ninja" Monster; You may Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you may select one "Stormfront" or "Ninja" Monster on the Field; The Level of this card becomes the same as the selected Monster's Level.

ATK/DEF 1150/1150

COTC-EN014: Gale, King of Stormfront

Level 10 Warrior Type Effect Monster

If you have three or more "Stormfront" Monsters on the Field or in the Graveyard: You may Banish the top three cards of your Deck, Face-Down; Special Summon this card. This card cannot attack the turn it is Special Summoned by its own effect. When an Spell/Trap card or effect or a Monster effect is activated: You may send one "Stormfront" card from your hand to the Graveyard; negate the resolution and effect of that card and destroy it. You may only use this effect of "Gale, King of Stormfront" up to twice per turn. When this card would be destroyed: You may Banish three "Stormfront" cards from your Graveyard, Face-Down; Shuffle this card into the Deck.

ATK/DEF 3000/2000

COTC-EN015: Mericc, Mage of Stormfront

Level 4 Spellcaster Type Effect Monster

Once per turn, during the End Phase, you may have your opponent flip one of your Face-Down Banished cards Face-Up, and apply the following effect based on what type of card it is:

Monster: Banish a number of cards from the top of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down, equal to the Level of the Monster.

Spell: Use the effect of that Spell as the effect of this card.

Trap: Your opponent adds two of your Face-Down Banished cards to your hand.

ATK/DEF 1750/1500

NOTE: Mericc's Spell effect ignores any costs or restrictions on the Spell, so you can use the effect of "Pot of Duality" even if you Special Summoned that turn.

COTC-EN016: Shi'ijen, Wanderer from Stormfront

Level 6 Warrior Type Effect Monster

While there is a "Stormfront" Monster on the Field; You may Special Summon this Banished card. You may Banish this Face-Up card you control; Banish one card on the Field, Face-Down, also Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck, Face-Down. You may only use one effect of "Shi'ijen, Wanderer from Stormfront" per turn, and only once that turn.

ATK/DEF 2150/2150

COTC-EN017: Lauriel, Sky Wanderer

Level 4 Spellcaster Type Normal Pendulum Tuner Monster

Scale 8

Pendulum Effect:

While this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You may Banish it, Face-Down, and target one WIND Monster you control; It is treated as a Tuner Monster for the rest of the turn. You may only use this effect of "Lauriel, Sky Wanderer" once per turn.

Card Lore:

"No one knows where she came from, but she is occasionally seen staring wistfully at the sky, as if she fell from some unseen world above us…"

- Log Entry, Company of Traveling Wanderers

(This card is always treated as a "Stormfront" card)

ATK/DEF 1500/1500

COTC-EN018: Signs of Stormfront

Normal Spell Card

Add one "Stormfront" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Signs of Stormfront". You may Banish this card from your Graveyard; Add one "Stormfront" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Signs of Stormfront". You may flip this Banished card Face-Down; Special Summon one Level 4 or lower "Stormfront" Monster from your hand. You may only activate "Signs of Stormfront" once per turn.

COTC-EN019: Lihse, Harpie Tamer of Stormfront

Rank 4 Winged Beast Type Xyz Monster

2 or more Level 4 WIND Monsters

You may also Xyz Summon this card using a "Harpie" Xyz Monster you control(Xyz Materials attached to that card become attached to this card). You may detach up to two Xyz Materials from this card; Special Summon one "Stormfront" or "Harpie" Monster from your Graveyard with a Level equal to or lower than the total Level of the detached Material(s). You may only use this effect of "Lihse, Harpie Tamer of Stormfront" once per turn.

ATK/DEF 2050/2000

COTC-EN020: Sky Town

Field Spell Card

WIND Monsters gain ATK equal to their Level/Rank x 100. When an effect activates on the Field; The turn player may discard one WIND Monster; negate the effect, and return the card to its owner's hand. Each player may only use the effect of "Sky Town" up to twice per turn.

COTC-EN021: Ihilo, Island of Stormfront

Continuous Spell Card

When this card is first activated: Banish the top card of your Deck, Face-Down. When this card leaves the Field: Your opponent randomly selects one of your Face-Down Banished cards and reveals it; If it is a "Stormfront" card, add it to your hand, otherwise shuffle it into the Deck. All WIND Monsters you control cannot be returned to the hand by an opponent's card effects.

COTC-EN022: Shirayn, Skyborn Queen

Level 7 WIND Spellcaster-Type Normal Pendulum Monster

Scale 1

Pendulum Effect:

If a card is Banished Face-Down: You may Banish the top card of your Deck, Face-Down; Special Summon one WIND Monster from your Graveyard, ignoring any Summoning conditions the Monster had. You may only use this effect of "Shirayn, Skyborn Queen" once per turn.

Card Lore: 

"A more fickle monarch I've never seen - and I've seen some VERY fickle monarchs…"

-Excerpt from Mysterious Page found in Lost Library

ATK/DEF 2800/1000

So that's that for Stormfront right now. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on this hopefully fun Archetype. You're also welcome to make these cards in the Forum cardmaker, though the Pendulums may give you some trouble, and play them casually, in which case please tell me how they were so I know how I did. I might do some Magician Girl cards next time, let me know if that sounds interesting. SANKYU

A SNEAK PEEK CARD APPROACHES...

COTC-EN052 Unsung HERO Winged Wanderer

Level 4 WIND Warrior-Type Effect Monster

At the end of a Battle Phase that a "HERO" monster you control, except "Unsung HERO Winged Wanderer", destroyed a monster by battle in: You can Special Summon this card(from your hand). You can only Special Summon 1 "Unsung HERO Winged Wanderer" in this way per turn. If this card is destroyed: You may Banish it, Face-Down; Draw 1 card, then if it is a WIND or "HERO" monster, you may Special Summon it.

ATK/DEF 1700/700

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived