Slasher Archetype

TF2_The_Scout

Because when I think Christmas, I think slashers.

[spoiler=monsters]
card1.jpg

card2.jpg

card2.jpg

card2.jpg

card2.jpg

card2.jpg

card2.jpg

-
[spoiler=spells]
card2.jpg

card2.jpg

card2.jpg

-
[spoiler=traps]
card2.jpg

-
[spoiler=Extra Deck]
card2.jpg

card2.jpg

-
[spoiler=Effects]
Jason, the Crystal Lake Slasher
Level 5
DARK
Zombie/Effect
ATK: 2100 DEF: 1200
During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Summon 1 “Slasher” monster this way per turn. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Increase this card’s ATK by 300 for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect until the end of the turn.
-
Krueger, the Nightmare Slasher
Level 5
DARK
Zombie/Effect
ATK: 2100 DEF: 1100
During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 “Slasher” monster this way per turn. Once per turn, if this card is targeted by a card effect: You can discard 1 card; Negate the effect, and if you do, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target monsters your opponent controls, up to the number of Monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect; Change those monsters to Defense Position and negate their effects this turn, and if you do, reduce their DEF by half until the end of the turn.
-
Billy, the Leatherfaced Slasher
Level 4
DARK
Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1700 DEF: 1300
During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 “Slasher” monster this way per turn. When this card attacks: Effects cannot be activated, except for “Slasher” card effects. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Add 1 “Slasher” card from your Deck to Hand.
-
Scream, the Ghostfaced Slasher
Level 4
DARK
Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1400 DEF: 1400
During your Standby Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 “Slasher” monster this way per turn. Your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from a battle involving this card. If a “Slasher” monster battles an opponent’s monster with a higher ATK: You can discard this card; Halve that monster’s ATK. You can only use this effect of “Scream, the Ghostfaced Slasher” once per turn. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 “Slasher” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in Defense Position.
-
Myers, the Boogeyman Slasher
Level 5
DARK
Zombie/Effect
ATK: 2300 DEF: 1300
During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 “Slasher” monster this way per turn. If this card destroys a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent. Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; This card can declare attack once for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.
-
Chucky, the Voodoo Doll Slasher
Level 3
DARK
Zombie/Tuner/Effect
ATK: 1000 DEF: 0

During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 "Slasher" monster this way per turn. This card can only be used to Synchro Summon DARK monsters, also the other materials must be "Slasher" monsters. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Banish cards from your opponent's Graveyard up to the number of monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Samara, the Ring Slasher
Level 3
DARK
Zombie/Effect
ATK: 1000 DEF: 0

During your Standby Phase. if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 "Slasher" monster this way per turn. This card can attack directly. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Add 2 "Slasher" cards from your Graveyard to Hand.
-
Slasher Revival
Spell
Pay 1000 LP, then target 1 “Slasher” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use 1 “Slasher Revival” per turn.

Slasher Voodoo
Spell

Banish the top 3 cards of your Deck; During this turn, if you would send cards from your Graveyard to activate the effect of a "Slasher" monster: You can banish the top card of your opponent's Deck face-down for each card that would be sent to the Graveyard instead.
-
Night of the Slashers
Spell
Banish 1 “Slasher” monster from your Graveyard, then excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck; Add 1 of those cards to Hand, then shuffle the rest into your Deck. You can only use 1 “Night of the Slashers” per tun.
-
Slasher Nightmare
Continuous Trap
If you do not control a “Slasher” monster, destroy this card. You can only control 1 “Slasher Nightmare”. Reduce the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 200 for each “Slasher” monster you control. Special Summoned monsters, except “Slasher” monsters, cannot activate their effects the turn they are Summoned.
-
Pumpkinhead, the Vengeance Slasher
Level 8
DARK
Zombie/Synchro/Effect
ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500

1 DARK Tuner Monster+1 or more Non-Tuner Monsters
This card's Synchro Summon cannot be negated. You can only control 1 "Pumpkinhead, the Vengeance Slasher". Each time a "Slasher" monster(s) is destroyed by your opponent(except this one): Draw 1 card. Once per turn: You can shuffle 3 "Slasher" cards in your Graveyard into your Deck, then send 1 "Slasher" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
-
Pinhead, the Cenobite Slasher
Rank 5
DARK
Fiend/Xyz/Effect
ATK: 2500 DEF: 0

2 Level 5 DARK Monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Slasher" monster from your Graveyard or banished zone. Once per turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; Destroy Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls for each monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Generally, I like the idea behind the deck. It fits well with the overall theme you had going and makes sense because of how the serial killer always homes back in horror movies. Overall, good job.

BTW, I think an easier way to phrase the cost of one Summon per turn would be "This card can only be Special Summoned if you control no "Slasher" monsters."

Good job! I like horror movies and  the idea of bring some references to YGO, so, let's go to the Cards. In general, it's a good archtype,

I think Krueger and Scream are the best Monsters because in therms of strength, they are not so good, but it can deal with some Power Cards using Scream and Krueger effects, but, there's a visible problem: mill Scream D: If it goes to the Grave from Deck you have no effects to search it, so your losing so much utility on Scream because you mill it, you can use Leatherface to search it from Deck, but Leatherface is a L4 and easy to take out from field, and mostly you will prefer to use the Archtype effect to Summon an stronger monster from the Grave, maybe Jason/Krueger.

Night of the Slashers are a search tool, but it's not that good since you cannot bring whatever you want from Deck. Slasher Revival allows you to make some free Rank 5 Monsters, maybe you can create some Xyz? And Slasher Nightmare it's a "Lose 1 Turn" Slasher Card, pretty decent.

I think you can bring us some Xyz Monsters (maybe?) and a Search from Grave Card, to return Scream. It will improve the Deck!

I assume this is a nice archetype, but my comp isn't loading the pics and you don't have written descriptions for anything so I wouldn't know. Just so you know, the rules for this section say you have to include descriptions for each card specifically for situations like this. I'd suggest adding descriptions because I really want to know what these guys do.

I assume this is a nice archetype, but my comp isn't loading the pics and you don't have written descriptions for anything so I wouldn't know. Just so you know, the rules for this section say you have to include descriptions for each card specifically for situations like this. I'd suggest adding descriptions because I really want to know what these guys do.

The effects ARE written out though. What do you think is in the spoiler labeled "effects"?

Jason: Revival effect is cool, though it is kind of worrying how it makes it so easy to go for Rank 5 plays. I’d at least make it so that similar to “Giant Sentry of Stone” you have to control at least 1 Zombie-Type monster, and only Zombie-Type monsters, to prevent abuse in other archetypes, and you can Special Summon it during your Main Phase. For the second effect, I’d put a HOPT on that, as you could possibly loop it to mill through a lot of you deck, and you know how Zombies love milling, I’d also lower it to only mill 2, main deck monsters like Raiden usually only mill 2 at most, and since you have it as a cost, it can’t be negated.

Krueger: Targeting protection with the possibility to blow something else up is nice. I like that you can potentially target it with your own cards to cause the pop, and non-targeting destruction is nothing to scoff at. That second effect is a bit too strong, your opponent’s usually only going to be controlling two monsters at a time, and Zombies usually run lots of monsters, so it’d be pretty easy to cripple most of their board with just this monster. I’d fix it by making it a HOPT, so you can’t potentially abuse it, make it only mill 2, and have it either halve their DEF or negate their effects, but not both.

Billy: Quick correction in terms of PSCT, it’d actually be, “You can Special Summon this card”. You usually want to say “this card” when a card is talking about itself. Also, this is how you should word “Armades” effects: “If this card battles, your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step.” The colon you have gives the impression that this effect activates, meaning your opponent could chain a "Solemn Strike" to it. Okay, that last effect is really good, again, make it a HOPT so you can’t abuse it through loops, and lower the mill cost to 1. Milling basically isn’t a cost, unless you’re banishing card face-down, and with how easy this sets up Grave, that’ll be a problem. I’d also make it such that it can only add “Slasher” monsters, because direct access to your Spells for such an easy cost is generally not good.

Scream: The “Amazoness Swordswoman” effect is a nice addition, and is a lot nicer than having to leave an unprotected "Raiden" out on the field. That second effect though should not have a HOPT though, as it requires you to discard from the hand, and honestly, there are so many more powerful battle traps like “Honest” out there. I’d consider just making it this “If you control a “Slasher” monster: You can discard this card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; halve its ATK." This gets around annoying Armades effect and other things to ensure that you won’t get screwed. That last effect though is exactly what I was mentioning earlier about loops. You could target another “Scream, the Ghostface Slasher” revive it, have the second mill to revive a third, use the first two to go for Castel, Giant Hand, or Diamond Dire Wolf, detach the 2 “Scream” and repeat the process to vomit out rank 4’s and mill through your Deck. Give it a HOPT, and make it so that it only mills a single card for revival.

Myers: Quick fix on the piercing effect, it’s actually worded as “If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.” Also “Cannot be destroyed by battle” should precede this, it doesn’t matter too much, it’s just better to follow these standards when it comes to writing cards, to make them look as professional as possible. Second effect is a big no, if you get three of these out, that’s potentially 9 attacks in one turn, so give it a HOPT, and make it so that it only mills 2. As I said earlier, Zombie-Deck are very monster heavy, so you’ll be getting those two attacks very consistently.

Chucky: Recursive Tuners are usually a problem, so I’m glad you fixed that by making it non-generic. The wording for the restriction should be “Cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Slasher" monster, also all other Materials must be "Slasher" monsters.” Also, on the last effect, banishing cards from your opponent’s Graveyard is pretty strong, as your taking away resources they could potentially play with, and since it’s already a Tuner, it would be better to limit the effect a bit as such “You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard; if the sent card is a monster, banish that target. You can only use this effect of “Chucky, the Voodoo Doll Slasher” once per turn.” You do not capitalize the “b” in “banish”, unless it follows a colon.

Samara: Too much recursion, the recovery on this is way too strong, not only setting up your Grave, but getting more stuff. I’d make the effect “You can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 “Slasher” card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

Revival: Decent revival, quick note, for Spell/Trap cards you generally want to use “activate” over “use”, there is a functional difference, and I can explain it if you want, but just letting you know “activate” is better here.

Voodoo: Don’t capitalize the “d” in “during” as it’s following a semicolon, not a colon, you only capitalize following a full colon. Anyway, I’m going to have to say a flat out no to this card. Like even with the HOPT’s I suggested this is a big no. You mill as a cost, so already that can’t be negated, and through some asinine loops you could potentially banish your entire opponent’s deck in the first turn. Even with the limits I suggested on your main deck monsters, you could potentially banish 11 cards from your opponent’s Deck face-down.

Night: Excavating is always an effect that activates, never a cost, so it cannot precede the semicolon. Also, since you’re banishing as a cost, if this gets negated, you'll still have to banish the card, which sucks as this is an actual cost to the archetype since none of your cards seem to like being banished. The proper, wording would be “You can target 1 “Slasher” monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, also, after that, shuffle the rest back into the Deck. You can only activate 1 “Night of the Slashers” per turn.” Anyway, as a Pot of Duality, it’s pretty nice, many Synchro decks would love this, and seeing how well they fit in with Zombiesworn, I’m glad it gets this.

Nightmare: The “You can only control 1” clause should always go at the end of the card. Anyway, half a “Lose 1 Turn” for them sounds pretty nice, and since you’re usually Normal Summoning “Uni-Zombie” it doesn’t interfere with that.

Pumpkinhead: Since you have the part about the Synchro Summon not being negatable, you should probably have this follow that, like with “Star Eater” “When Synchro Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated.” Also, you cannot just say “by your opponent” you have to say “by your opponent’s attack or card effect”. Also, remove the “(except this one)” it’s implied, and not necessary in the slightest, as once this card is destroyed, the effect stops applying. The second effect takes a bit of your resources out of the grave, but for mill intensive decks, it can be nice to have, just so you don’t have to worry about decking out. However, it could be worded better, as so: “You can target 3 “Slasher” cards in your Graveyard; shuffle them into the Deck, and if you do, send 1 “Slasher” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of “Pumpkinhead, the Vengeance Slasher” once per turn.” Added a HOPT, as since this can recycle milled Spell Cards, it could be rather powerful.

Pinhead: Repeat after me, “there is no such thing as a banished zone, there is no such this as a banished zone, there is no such thing as a banished zone.” Like, it’s very important to game mechanics that cards that are banished aren’t sent anyway, they’re just banished. That’s why you can banish tokens as a cost, but you can’t send them to the Graveyard as a cost.

Anyway, here’s how to fix the effect

“Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 of your “Slasher” monsters, that is banished or is in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; destroy Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls, up to the number of monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect. You can only use this effect of “Pinhead, the Cenobite Slasher” once per turn.”

I lowered the mill cost to 2, as non-targeting destruction of up to 2 Spell/Traps is pretty ridiculous.

Overall: Pretty solid, with some abuse prevention I could easily see this being a fun and fair deck to play against, and I like what it can offer for Zombies, possibly making it so that Zombiesworn isn’t even necessary for the mills.

Archived