New Card Type - Weapon

PopularWannabe

Ever wanted to jump into battle with your monsters? Well now you can, with the new Weapon cards!

Weapon cars turn YOU into a monster with an attribute of the same as the oldest weapon on your field. You also gain any and all types weapons you control have. You're starting attack is 0. If you attack a monster with higher attack points or defense points, all weapons you control are destroyed and you lose life points equal to the difference of your attack and their attack or defense.

Weapon cards can be negated and destroyed by cards that negate or destroy spell and trap cards, respectively. As a monster, you cannot be destroyed, targeted, or equipped by spell or trap cards or monster effects. You also cannot be tributed for a tribute summon or for an effect.

"You" can only attack once per turn, no matter how many weapons you control. If your opponent has no monsters on the field, but they have a weapon card, you and your monsters must have a higher attack than the weapon card to deal damage. If your monster attacks an opponent directly, but the opponent has more attack than your monster, your monster is destroyed and you lose life points equal to the difference in attack points.

REWvkFJ.png

Weapon cards are blue. They have a name, an attribute, and an effect.

l5Jvjjo.png

The first part of the text is the cost. You must tribute one monster that the meets the card's requirements. Then, starting at 0 attack points, you gain as many attack points as it says and whatever abilities it says.

The Weapon goes underneath your spell and trap card zone. You can have up to 2 weapon cards equipped, unless the card says otherwise. To replace on of the weapons your using, you can willingly send a weapon to the graveyard at any time during your Main Phase one or two.

1Q3Koxa.png

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359681-new-level-up-mechanic/

Hope y'all like this! Please send me the link to any weapon cards you make. I'd love to see! :D

They're equip spells for the player, I see.

Not a bad idea, but we've seen Armor Monsters before, so it's kind of been done. I do want to know where these cards would go on the field, though.

They go underneath the spell and trap zone. So it goes

F                      G

P M M M M M P

E S  S  S  S  S  D

W     W

I find the concept interesting, but it's lacking on mechanics an rulings. For example:

- Yeah, you say something gains ATK, but... what is the thing gaining ATK, exactly? the player?

- If so, what are you supposed to do with that ATK? do you become able to attack an opponent's monster once per Battle Phase as if you were a monster?

- What if you attack a monster with a higher ATK/DEF? You only lose LP, or is the weapon harmed, or otherwise are you punished in some other way?

Also, "leveling up" isn't exactly a thing in YGO, so you should find an appropriate effect for what you are intending to with with the Rod. A monster can gain Levels/Ranks, or "Rank-Up" in the case of Xyzs; there are "LV" monsters too, although they have become underwhelming.

I guess the Attribute comes into play with effects that involve monsters of X Attribute. For example, I take that if Molten Destruction is on the field while you are equipped with the Flaming Whip, you gain ATK from the Field Spell? And if have a LIGHT Weapon, then you can use Honest on yourself when you battle?

In that case, then it would be cool if you also gained a type, for further support from other cards.

By the way, since you can attack like a monster once you get a Weapon, can you also equip Equip Cards (Equip Spells, etc.) on you as well? Or that's not an option?

I guess the Attribute comes into play with effects that involve monsters of X Attribute. For example, I take that if Molten Destruction is on the field while you are equipped with the Flaming Whip, you gain ATK from the Field Spell? And if have a LIGHT Weapon, then you can use Honest on yourself when you battle?

In that case, then it would be cool if you also gained a type, for further support from other cards.

By the way, since you can attack like a monster once you get a Weapon, can you also equip Equip Cards (Equip Spells, etc.) on you as well? Or that's not an option?

I'll start adding types. Thanks for the idea. And no, you cannot be equipped, target, or destroyed by spell or trap cards. You also cannot tribute yourself.

Archived