Flint and Flint Lock support (Written)

fearen

Flint has always had a special place in my heart, so I decided to give it some PSCT and support.

[spoiler=PSCT Changes]Name: Flint

Card: Equip Spell

Effect: A monster equipped with this card loses 300 ATK and cannot change its Battle Position or attack. If the equipped monster is destroyed, select 1 monster on the field and equip this card to that monster.

New: The equipped monster loses 300 ATK and cannot change its Battle Position or attack. If the equipped monster is destroyed: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target.

Name: Flint Lock

Card: Monster

Attribute: Light

Type: Machine

ATK/DEF: 1500/800

Effect: Once per turn: you can equip a "Flint" on the field to this card. You can take any "Flint" equipped to this card and equip it to another face-up monster. This card can only be equipped with 1 "Flint" at a time. While equipped with "Flint", this card is unaffected by "Flint's" effect and cannot be destroyed by battle.

New: Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Flint"; equip that target to this card. You can target 1 "Flint" equipped to this card and 1 other appropriate monster on the field; equip that "Flint" to that appropriate monster. This card can only be equipped with 1 "Flint" at a time. While this card is equipped with "Flint", it is unaffected by "Flint" and cannot be destroyed by battle.

Name: Flint Missile

Card: Quick-Play Spell

Effect: Destroy 1 monster equipped with "Flint". You can return this card to your Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard after it resolves.

New: Destroy 1 monster equipped with "Flint". After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Monsters]Name: Flint Lock TMF-01

Card: Monster

Attribute: Light

Type: Machine

ATK/DEF: 1500/800 

Effect: If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Flint" from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up "Flint" and 1 appropriate monster on the field; equip that "Flint" to that appropriate monster. While this card is equipped with "Flint" it is unaffected by other card's effects.

[spoiler=Spell Cards]Name: Flint Arm

Effect: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; Equip 1 "Flint" from your Deck or Graveyard to that target. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Name: Flint Capsule

Effect: Set 1 "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Name: Flint Laser

Effect: If you control a face-up "Flint Lock" monster equipped with "Flint", banish 1 card on the field. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Name: Planet E-Square

Card: Field Spell

Effect: The effects of monsters equipped with Equip Cards are negated, except "Flint Lock" monsters. Monsters equipped with "Flint" cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon and cannot be tributed. If a Spell or Trap Card(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck instead.

[spoiler=Traps]Name: Charge the Enemy

Card: Continuous Trap

Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 "Flint Lock" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can draw 1 card for each "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card with different names that you activated this turn. You can only control 1 "Charge the Enemy".

Name: Speed Up

Card: Continuous Trap

Effect: When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Flint Lock" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Flint" from your Graveyard or face-up on your side of the field into the Deck; Set 1 "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone. That Set card can be activated during this turn. You can only control 1 "Speed Up"

[spoiler=Changes 1/10/17][spoiler=Flint Lock TMF-01]If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Flint" from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up "Flint" and 1 appropriate monster on the field; equip that "Flint" to that appropriate monster. While this card is equipped with "Flint" it is unaffected by other card's effects. This card's name becomes "Flint Lock" while it is on the field or in your Graveyard.

[spoiler=Flint Laser]If you control a face-up "Flint Lock" monster equipped with "Flint", banish 1 card on the field. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Planet E-Square]When this card is activated: You can add 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. The effects of monsters equipped with Equip Cards are negated, except "Flint Lock" monsters. Monsters equipped with "Flint" cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon and cannot be tributed. If a Spell or Trap Card(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck instead.

[spoiler=Charge the Enemy]Once per turn: You can target 1 "Flint Lock" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can draw 1 card for each "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card with different names that you activated this turn. You can only control 1 "Charge the Enemy".

[spoiler=Speed Up]When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Flint Lock" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Flint" from your Graveyard or face-up on your side of the field into the Deck; Set 1 "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone. That Set card can be activated during this turn. You can only control 1 "Speed Up"

Hello, fine person! It is I, Tinkerer, here by your request for a review!

Ah, Flint. One of my favorite, little explored, equip-based plays in the later WC DS games. It's nice to see someone give it some much-needed love. On to the review!

TMF-01: Can I ask what the TMF-01 stands for? Either way, this gives you another available monster for Flint but protects from card effects instead of battle. I suppose it does round it out nicely though it doesn't really do too much that the original didn't. Another question: the name sharing is a cool little feature, but it seems fairly unnecessary when you could put "Flint Lock monsters" on the support cards. Were you trying to keep it as a series instead of making it an archetype?

Flint Arm: your main Flint-fetcher. Alongside the field spell, this works as essentially a fiendish chain and is probably one of the most important support cards.

Flint Capsule: Quick-play searcher. Balanced out by the fact that once set, the quick-plays cannot be activated that turn. The fact that it you never run low of this search card + it's not OPT + if you draw it during the End Phase you can activate it to solidify your defenses, it actually makes this card quite potent.

Flint Laser: a conditional, non-target, non-destruction removal that is highly disruptive and easily chainable? Yes, please! I think the only gripe I have with this is that it doesn't play well off of Flint's secondary effect. Maybe it could be changed to have similar wording to Bottomless Trap Hole (destroy it, and if you do, banish it), so that Flint could still stay on the field. Either way a very good 2-of.

Planet E-Square: The effect negation and Extra Deck restriction stuff seems fine for this, but I would recommend putting a hard-OPT on the search effect or have some kind of ATK/DEF restriction, considering how much other stuff might benefit from this kind of search effect (CyDra and ABCs immediately come to mind). Not only that, but the search effect is treading on ground that's fairly well-covered (Gear Gigant X, Cyber Repair Plant). If you're willing to remove that effect entirely, I might recommend either a self-protection effect, or a good OPT effect like the continuous traps.

Charge the Enemy: A nice recovery card with a built-in draw engine. I think that the draws may end up being a bit much as in a mid to late-game scenario, one could simply destroy/banish the opponent's entire field and then set the cards to disrupt the opponent's turn all while retaining card advantage. Maybe a slight recommended change would be drawing 1 per every Flint Quick-play with a different name. Doesn't really change what the card's purpose is, but tones it down just enough.

Speed Up: this is the reason I'd asked about the Flint Lock name change in the beginning, as it only lets you summon out the OG Flint Lock from the Deck. Regardless, this is a simple and helpful effect that really ties together the series. As a continuous trap that's conditional, I might suggest buffing it to allow the cards be activated the turn they're set (see Absolute King Back Jack for wording).

This is a fun set you've made here! It's nice to see Flint actually become something viable. Hope to see some more stuff from you. Cheers!

Hello, fine person! It is I, Tinkerer, here by your request for a review!

Ah, Flint. One of my favorite, little explored, equip-based plays in the later WC DS games. It's nice to see someone give it some much-needed love. On to the review!

TMF-01: Can I ask what the TMF-01 stands for? Either way, this gives you another available monster for Flint but protects from card effects instead of battle. I suppose it does round it out nicely though it doesn't really do too much that the original didn't. Another question: the name sharing is a cool little feature, but it seems fairly unnecessary when you could put "Flint Lock monsters" on the support cards. Were you trying to keep it as a series instead of making it an archetype?

Flint Arm: your main Flint-fetcher. Alongside the field spell, this works as essentially a fiendish chain and is probably one of the most important support cards.

Flint Capsule: Quick-play searcher. Balanced out by the fact that once set, the quick-plays cannot be activated that turn. The fact that it you never run low of this search card + it's not OPT + if you draw it during the End Phase you can activate it to solidify your defenses, it actually makes this card quite potent.

Flint Laser: a conditional, non-target, non-destruction removal that is highly disruptive and easily chainable? Yes, please! I think the only gripe I have with this is that it doesn't play well off of Flint's secondary effect. Maybe it could be changed to have similar wording to Bottomless Trap Hole (destroy it, and if you do, banish it), so that Flint could still stay on the field. Either way a very good 2-of.

Planet E-Square: The effect negation and Extra Deck restriction stuff seems fine for this, but I would recommend putting a hard-OPT on the search effect or have some kind of ATK/DEF restriction, considering how much other stuff might benefit from this kind of search effect (CyDra and ABCs immediately come to mind). Not only that, but the search effect is treading on ground that's fairly well-covered (Gear Gigant X, Cyber Repair Plant). If you're willing to remove that effect entirely, I might recommend either a self-protection effect, or a good OPT effect like the continuous traps.

Charge the Enemy: A nice recovery card with a built-in draw engine. I think that the draws may end up being a bit much as in a mid to late-game scenario, one could simply destroy/banish the opponent's entire field and then set the cards to disrupt the opponent's turn all while retaining card advantage. Maybe a slight recommended change would be drawing 1 per every Flint Quick-play with a different name. Doesn't really change what the card's purpose is, but tones it down just enough.

Speed Up: this is the reason I'd asked about the Flint Lock name change in the beginning, as it only lets you summon out the OG Flint Lock from the Deck. Regardless, this is a simple and helpful effect that really ties together the series. As a continuous trap that's conditional, I might suggest buffing it to allow the cards be activated the turn they're set (see Absolute King Back Jack for wording).

This is a fun set you've made here! It's nice to see Flint actually become something viable. Hope to see some more stuff from you. Cheers!

Oh wow! That was real speedy fast.

TMF-01

I'm not sure if TMF-01 actually stands for anything. It's just the full name of the Flintlock ship in Xexex, the game it came from. I made it treated as Flint Lock mostly for flavor reasons, and yeah cause I didn't want it to be an archetype. I'd probably be fine with making it Flint Lock cards if that would be better design.

Flint Laser

I kinda wanted to give the archetype a way to remove without destroying, and I wanted to theme this one off of Flintlocks signature Shadow Laser cause it's sooo cool!

Planet E-Square

Yeah, I was really hesitant about the search myself. Oh hey a self protection effect does sound neat.

Charge the Enemy

I just agree entirely here.

Speed Up

I think I've resolved to change to whole Flint Lock name thing. I'll probably do the buff as well in a changelog on the first post or this one.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to keep revising these and keep posting stuff, so see you later friend!

Archived