Skeleton in the Closet

Snatch Steal

Skeleton in the Closet

[ Normal Spell Card ]

When this card is activated: Reveal 1 monster from your Main Deck with the same card name as 1 monster in your Graveyard, then apply one of the following effects.

• Add the monster in your Graveyard to your hand.

• Send the monster in your Deck to the Graveyard.

You can only use 1 "Skeleton in the Closet" per turn.

So I just came up with this idea right now, and felt like sharing it. I know it Powercreeps Monster Reincarnation and some other things, but I feel like it could be fine because you have to run multiples and have a card in grave for it to work. You could use foolish burial, but that's a 1-of anyway.

If it leads to broken plays I'm sorry •__•)

as a skull servant player, i'll be talking about how this affects their strategy in particular.

since all on-theme monsters in Skull Servants are treated as 'skull servant' in the graveyard, with the exception of King, you can't send an extra Prince with this. however, you can reveal the vanilla if you still have one in your deck, and add any wights from your grave to hand. this makes this card a very effective toolbox.

in addition, it retrieves King, if you need to get over big monsters-- making it a very versatile topdeck. furthermore, it can add another Mezuki to your grave without using up your Foolish or OPT effects.

this card is super neat. in skull servants, i'd have to make room for the maximum number in my deck, simply because of how versatile it is.

is it too versatile, and does it lead into broken interactions? i can't think of anything super broken, but it's a very useful, versatile card that requires the grave to be set up for it beforehand. in skull servants, it's limited by needing either an unused mezuki in grave, or a vanilla still in deck.

it's very powerful, but i can't think of anything super busted r/n. it helps Aliens for sure, allowing me to recycle ammonite. i guess it's a versatile card that can be used in a variety of decks, and is a strong topdeck later in the game?

Archived