Gachadokuro [Written, 2300 Benchmark]

Draconus297

So, I hit 2300 posts. Given that there are 23 Monster Types in the game now (I don't dislike Cyverse-Type, I just think Links are a shameless cash grab with a piss-poor excuse behind them), I figured this counts as an important milestone. Given that this is my first Advanced single on this site . . . ever (Dynamic Fusion was in Casual) . . . and I make it my goal to post credibly in every section at least once, here I am.

So . . . 23 Monster Types, what kind of card to make themed around that . . . oh. Duh.

This monster's name is a silly pun, as many of you may know I like- Gacha, as in Gachapon (the Japanese name for little capsule machines that dispense toys and such to kids), and Gashadokuro, as in the gigantic skeleton monster.

Honestly, I don't know what this thing's name would be in English, but the TCG would likely do their damnedest to translate it or make it silly.

Anyway, here we go:

Gachadokuro

EARTH - Level 6 - Zombie/Effect - 2300/2300

If all monsters on the field (min. 2) are different Types, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard in face-up Defense Position (you can only Summon 1 "Gachadokuro" per turn this way). Once per turn, you can declare 1 Monster Type: Excavate the top card of your Deck, and if it is a monster of the declared Type, Special Summon it, ignoring Summoning conditions, otherwise, banish the excavated card. If this monster leaves the field, destroy all monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect. There can be only 1 face-up "Gachadokuro".

The second effect is a pseudo-Toy Vendor, the which is already a capsule machine. The third effect is to try to limit the more absurd combos. The fourth makes the OPT harder to dodge, but not a full-on HOPT. Thoughts?

!DETSERETNI ERA UOY FI EGASSEM LANOSREP A EM DNES !KRAMHCNEB TNIOP A HCAER UOY PLEH DLUOC I

Admittedly, the only deck I have right now that could really use it is my Gustos, as my janky Pendulum/Buster Blader deck is probably not reliable enough to consistently get this, but I'd play this if Konami made it a thing - it makes Flower Cardians more usable with other Archetypes, as Cardians like to stack the top couple cards, or if you can't afford Cardians for whatever reason you can play Fruits of Kozaki's Studies, plus L6 Zombie for Pilgrim Reaper decks so that's always nice. Also, the picture would probably be hilarious, knowing Konami.

Would be funny to abuse this rearranging your deck so you place Horakhty on top, and then use this effect calling for Creator god, and proceed to win the duel xD

AFAIK there isn't a clause that would stop such play.

Awfully situational OTK play aside, I'm unsure about the card's self-revival effect lacking a hard OPT, because despite the Highlander clause, it still allows abuse by using it as material for a Summon and then bring it back right away, extending combos and possibly breaking something. Not to mention that using it as Xyz material will get around the drawback in the third effect.

To Mudkip, yeah it was designed for funzies. However, Gachadokuro can't be used for Pilgrim Reaper: That monster's Summoning condition requires Level 6 DARK monsters, which our new friend . . . isn't.

Edge-Imp Sabres + a draw engine + Horakthy + Gachadokuro = the funniest FTK ever?

Note that it counts your opponent's field, too- if your opponent controls a monster of the same Type as one of yours, or if they control 2 of the same Type, you can't Summon our bony buddy. Then, if you use it as a combo extender, it's likely that you'll Summon a staple monster of a common Type, making Gachadokuro difficult to Summon. You'd essentially be intentionally running some subpar cards to fuel its Highlander Summoning condition, and trying to remove monsters of duplicate Types your opponent controls . . . it's a funzies, rogue card that isn't likely to do much under normal circumstances, but because of its silly applications can do some powerful things.

Xyz- because they wanted to make designing fun cards that much harder.

IDK, I could see this being played in some kind of Rank6-centric deck with Hieratics, Malicious and stuff, going into Rank6s like Atum, Gauntlet Launcher/Utopia Beyond/Bounzer, Ptolemy M7, Beatrice, Gaia Dragoon, etc. to keep the different types while poking the opponent's board. It's true that the opponent controlling monsters with the same Type will hold the card back, though.

By the way, Pilgrim Reaper does require any Level 6 monsters as material, although its ATK is reliant on DARKs.

Hmm. Point taken. Gachadokuro R6 could be a very potent Deck given the options it has. Completely forgot Utopia Beyond.

Also, thinking of possible artwork, maybe the skull of the skeleton is a Gachapon machine, with a "tongue" for the capsules to slide down? And, like, capsules rolling off said "tongue" with various monsters in them, like Marauding Captain and Granmarg.

Archived