[Repost/Written] Treasure Chess Archetype, because I saw that one down there and remembered I had this.

Fukato

A group of Normal Monsters who have the knack to have either high ATK or high DEF! They also have their supports! And they are kind of like idiotic puns! (Destroy me if you wish!)

[spoiler=Monster]

Treasure Chess Pon

LIGHT Rock Level 2

1200/300

Lore: When this card was made, it shined like a dull gem out of the mud.

Treasure Chess Bit Shop

LIGHT Rock Level 4

2000/100

Lore: If this card were to leave the field, it would rush at someone diagonally. Isn't that weird?!

Treasure Chess Night

LIGHT Rock Level 3

1500/800

Lore: This card cannot attack in front of it... and you wonder why no one here loses LP.

Treasure Chess Rookie

LIGHT Rock Level 6

2400/0

Lore: This card can only goes straight, even if the path is slightly turned before a cliff. Huh... north, south, west, east. This card can't do much right.

Treasure Chess Quinn

LIGHT Rock Level 8

3000/300

Lore: This card shouldn't be made stronger than the King!? Well, who cares. They say the girl has more power than the guy in the relationship.

Treasure Chess Kin

LIGHT Rock Level 7

100/3000

Effect: Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a monster targets this card for an attack or a card effect targets this card: You can change that target to another "Treasure Chess" monster you control.

[spoiler=Spell/Trap]

Treasure Chess Board

Field Spell Card

Effect: Once per turn: You can target 1 "Treasure Chess Pon" on the field; change control of that target, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Treasure Chess" monster from your hand, Deck, or GY. If this card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can draw 1 card.

Treasure Chess Formation - Castle

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Tribute 1 "Treasure Chess Kin"; Special Summon 2 "Treasure Chess Rookie" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. You can only use 1 "Treasure Chess Formation - Castle" per turn.

Treasure Chess Formation - Checkers

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: Once per turn, while you control a "Treasure Chess" monsters: You can change control of 1 "Treasure Chess" monster on the field and place it in an unoccupied Main Monster Zone diagonally from another "Treasure Chess" monster on the field, then you can Special Summon 1 "Treasure Chess" monster from your hand diagonally from that monster in an unoccupied Main Monster Zone.

Treasure Chess Attack - L

Normal Spell Card

Effect: Destroy 1 monster on the field, then target 1 "Treasure Chess Night" you control, it can attack your opponent directly. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can shuffle this card and 1 other "Treasure Chess" monster in your Graveyard into your Deck; draw 1 card.

Treasure Chess Defensive Wall

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: All "Treasure Chess" monsters on the field cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. "Treasure Chess" monsters cannot be tributed except for the effect of a "Treasure Chess" card or for the Tribute Summon of a "Treasure Chess" monster.

Treasure Chess Check

Quick-Play Spell Card

Effect: Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field, then declare 1 card name; destroy that target, and if it is the declared card, destroy all cards with that name in each player's Deck. You can only use 1 "Treasure Chess Check" per turn.

Treasure Chess Lockdown

Continuous Trap Card

Effect: If a player controls a "Treasure Chess" monster, they cannot Summon monsters from the Extra Deck. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Treasure Chess" card on the field; until the end of the turn, it cannot be targeted by other card effects, except "Treasure Chess" cards.

Treasure Chess Checkmate

Normal Trap Card

Effect: If there are "Treasure Chess Pon", "Treasure Chess Bit Shop", "Treasure Chess Night", "Treasure Chess Rookie", "Treasure Chess Quinn", and "Treasure Chess Kin" on the field: Banish all cards in your opponent's hand, field, and GY. During the End Phase, after this card was activated: Destroy all "Treasure Chess" monsters you control.

I really am serious that this is a repost. But, meanwhile you are here, CnC?

So we have another Chess Archetype :D

I'd love to see your deck against mine, and see what Chess Archetype is better. Wow, it would be fun for sure.

A link to my Chess idea: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366067-written-chess-archetype/

Please make sure you review the TC's archetype properly; also don't advertise your own sets in other member's threads.

As for the Normal monsters, there aren't effects to review, the stats are basic for their levels (the fact that the bishop is stronger than the knight just doesn't feel right, though).

Queen's 3000 ATK equals the Blue Eyes, and there isn't a level 8 Normal monster that is as strong as it (the highest ATK is 2950, Gogiga Gagagigo).

The King has some kind of targeting protection, but I feel like it could be a Vanilla and there won't be many differences.

The Spell and Traps are going to be the main focus of this Archetype.

Treasure Chess Board

It introduces the "changing control" mechanic, but only works with Pawns. Pawns have decent ATK for a level 2, so if they were meant to be switched to your opponent's side of the field, they should be like 500/600 ATK. The recovery effect is decent, yet it works only with your opponent's cards, so you can't even use it with Metalfoes or similar cards.

Not a bad Field Spell, but since this Archetype doesn't have Effect monsters, I'd buff it a little. Maybe Special Summoning from Deck too? That would be a big change.

Treasure Chess Formations:

Castle

Tributing a King, you get 2 Rooks. Definitely a solid card, but it requires having the King (level 7). This Archetype doesn't have enough consistency to make this card broken, but if the Field Spell Summoned from the Deck... this card would be overpowered, and there would be a cost (discarding a card). Rooks are level 6; there might be some interesting XYZ plays.

Checkers

Wait. So this requires having a Treasure Chess on the Extra Monster Zone? I mean, placing diagonally is possible only in the Link format, unless you're using some kind of Crystal Beast mechanic. If I had a Link Treasure Chess in the left zone, I could take control/give control of a monster and place it in the central MMZ, but then, there isn't a MMZ diagonally from something that is already in a MMZ. I think I didn't get this card at all. Could you explain me how this works?

L

Pop a monster, the Knight attacks directly, shuffling from GY effect to draw. Well, this is what I call being overpowered. Is there a Normal Spell that kills a monster without any costs? I might be old school, but I remember Tribute to the Doomed, which discarded a card, Soul Taker, which gave 1000 LP, or Fissure/Shield Crush/Smashing Ground, cards that limited the targeting monster. Well, add a discarding cost, or a banish from GY 2/3 Rock-Types, and it will be a balanced, yet strong card. Personally I love attacking directly and shuffling from GY, so that's an amazing card, IMO. That's why it should require a cost.

Defensive Wall

The ultimate in-Archetype protection Continuous Spell. It protects from all kinds of destroying, and your opponent can't kaiju your monsters. I feel it's balanced, because there are other ways to remove stuff from the field.

Check

MST buffed. Also, there aren't cards that allow you to see Set cards, so the second effect works only with face-up cards (Continuous/Field), unless you declare "Burying Mirror Force" and try to be lucky. This shouldn't be a Treasure Chess card, though. It does nothing to the Archetype and could be splashed into all decks. It's good, but it's generic.

Lockdown

Yeah, I like this a lot. Give your opponent a Pawn, then lock him (unless he's using Monarchs or other Tribute/Ritual deck). That's already a strong effect, then you can target it and give it protection from targeting. But it works until the end of the turn, and it isn't a Quick Effect, so your opponent can just wait until his turn to MST this card.

Checkmate

If you somehow have all the pieces on the field (your opponent's side included): banish every resource he has. Well. Without proper consistency this might be a difficult effect to pull off, but if you manage to activate this card, you win. You can just OTK the opponent, and even if you don't, your opponent will have one card in hand/field/GY next turn.

Not a bad Archetype, but I can't see it working. It has incredible S/T cards, so maybe that's why you didn't add consistency or monster effects.

Maybe adding a "Treasure Chess Formation - Pons' Line" that Summons 2 Pawns from Deck, but prevents you from making a XYZ, will help the Deck having resources or monsters to Tribute.

And why not making a "Treasure Chess Promotion", that Tributes a Pawn on the field to Special Summon a "Treasure Chess" from hand or Deck? I'm just thinking of ways to boost consistency and speed, because we're in 2017 and you can make lots of Quasars in one turn, with 2 cards.

Archived