Divine Draw of Destiny, a tribute to DSoD [Written]

This card is based on in my opinion the one good scene in DSoD.

Divine Draw of Destiny
Normal Spell
You can only activate 1 "Divine Draw of Destiny" per turn. You cannot special summon monsters during the turn you activate this card except DIVINE and "Aesir" monsters. Pay half your LP; excavate the top card of your deck and if its a level 8 or higher monster, send it the the GY. Otherwise, place it on the bottom of your deck. If you excavated a monster, you can special summon 1 DIVINE or "Aesir" monster listed on this card from your deck or extra deck ignoring summoning conditions. It becomes DIVINE Divine-Beast type, its ignition effects become quick effects, and gains these effects based on its orginal name. * "Slifer the Sky Dragon": If it is summoned: draw 2 cards. * "Obelisk the Tormentor": If it destroys an opponent's monster(s) with its effect, inflict 4000 damage to your opponent (during the chain). * "The Winged Dragon of Ra": If it destroys an opponent's monster(s) with its effect, it gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of those monster(s) had on the field (during the chain). *"Thor, Lord of the Aesir": If it is summoned: destroy all monsters your opponent controls. *"Loki, Lord of the Aesir": Once per turn: when your opponent activates a card or effect that targets this card: you can negate that effect. Also your opponent must pay 500 LP to activate cards and effects. *"Odin, Father of the Aesir": If it is summoned: look at your opponent's hand and all set cards they control and send 1 of those cards to the GY.

"This isn't a monster, its a GOD!" - Seto Kaiba

Rulings Notes:
- Obelisk the Tormentor will only deal 4000 damage even if it destroys multiple cards, and will deal damage from destroying trap monsters. It happens in the same chain link.
- Ra will gain the combined ATK of all the monsters. It happens in the same chain link.

Explanation:
Anyone who's seen the movie will know what scene I'm talking about. Becoming DIVINE is because the Aesir should have been DIVINE like in the anime. The summoned monster gaining effects is my attempt to fix the god cards to be more useful. For example, Odin becoming a quick effect makes him able to chain to Bottomless Trap Hole instead of being ruined by it.

I also tried to have each unique effect fit the god in question. Ra's, Silfer's, and Obelisk's are to make them more useful. Thor is Raigeki because he's a thunder god, Loki is disruptive because he's a trickster, and Odin is a reference to Odin's Eye disrupting plays.

edit: Don't mind the external links: I copied and pasted this from a post I made on Pojo's create a card forum while this site was down.

Archived