[DPR] Interdimensional Matter Transport + Honest = Hand Trap Target Protection that plays around Link Format.

Eshai

Was going to post this yesterday but the website went down

Interdimensional Argonaut

DARK - Level 3 - Cyberse/Effect - 1200 ATK/1400 DEF

When your opponent activates a card or effect, you can either (Quick Effect): You can return this card you control to the hand, OR: You can discard this card; banish 1 monster you control until your next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of “Interdimensional Argonaut” once per turn.

The idea is that it functions similarly to most Chain Beat cards, but can also be used as protection for your own monster. If you have an Extra Deck Monster, then you can banish that from the Extra Monster Zone to place it in a Main Monster Zone the next turn. I like the card for being able to give hand trap protection to whatever monsters you have while also being a way for several Decks to access there Extra Deck in a way that's at least not ignoring Link Format.

Originally this was just a hand trap for Interdimensional Matter Transporter, but apparently, that makes the card pretty cool. Wonder if there are any other not as good Traps that would make good Hand Traps?

ah, this feels like a more generic version of Time Escaper, actually-a two-time user of its effect as well. I kinda like it, for the utility it affords bosses some decks are dependent on to break even (coughSuperQuantalscoughMagicalMusketeerscough) who are at the end of their rope-just bounce or discard this and they're home free. Requires some setup to make sure your opponent can't run down an emptier field, but Chain Beat's never had a better friend than this.

Being Cyberse means most of the exotic Links have a buy-into this card if you decide to have it be Material.

And being DARK with 1200 ATK means both Allure and Dark Eruption have synergy with this card.

All in all, some wondrous tech.

Whelp, I power crept Time Escaper. Forgot that card even existed. 

Yeah, the boss protection is definitely nice (although I'm concerned for Super Quants which have effects depending on the amount of Xyz Materials they have). I figured with all of the negation hand traps that I would rather have a protective utility hand trap that can continue your plays rather than halt your opponents, which I think is the opposite of what they were originally intended to do (I really hate negation.)

Knew about Allure of Darkness, but I'm not sure if Dark Eruption is wishful thinking or not. I guess if you're also using Armageddon Knight it might be pretty good to have since you can rather mill this with Armageddon Knight and get it back or grab Armageddon Knight with Dark Eruption to mill something else.

So yeah, thx for the review

Archived