The Fastest Archetype I have ever made. (Carnimal archetype)

xlArisenRoselx

So, I made this archetype for an RP I'm in, but I liked them so much, I wanted them to be posted elsewhere too. Hopefully, this will be accepted into the AGM. Anyway, here they are:

Monsters:

Carnimal Ferris Ferret

Level 4 - EARTH - Beast/Tuner/Effect - ATK/1100 DEF/1200

Once per turn, if the only monsters you control are "Carnimal" monsters, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Carnimal" monster from your hand or GY. You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck the turn you activate this effect, except for "Carnimal" monsters.

The first guy I created that really made me want to continue making this, he has a revival or charge effect for "Carnimal" monsters and locks the Extra Deck to the same monsters at the same time. Pretty good combo play potential.

Carnimal Fluffy Foal

Level 3 - EARTH - Beast/Effect - ATK/1400 DEF/1000

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Carnimal" card, you can target 1 "Carnimal" monster in your hand or GY, Special Summon that target. You can only use this effect of "Carnimal Fluffy Foal" once per turn.

Revival or Charging effect if you use an archetypal monster to summon him. Underwhelming, yes, but can still make decent plays.

Carnimal Candy Cardinal

Level 2 - WIND - Winged-Beast/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect - ATK/1000 DEF/1000

Scale: 1/1

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, if you control no monsters (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone.

Monster Effect: Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to your Extra Deck face-up, you can Special Summon this card.

Someone destroys your other Pendulum? No worries, you can Special Summon this card, as long as you also have no monsters. It kind of is a back up plan. Monster ability provides revival, and this card being a Tuner as well, would be essential.

Carnimal Roller Raptor

Level 4 - DARK - Dinosaur/Pendulum/Effect - ATK/1500 DEF/200

Scale: 5/5

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can target 1 "Carnimal" monster in your GY whose original Level is in between your Pendulum Scales (exclusive), you cannot conduct your Pendulum Summon this turn, also Special Summon that monster.

Monster Effect: When a "Carnimal" monster(s) is Special Summoned while this card is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Carnimal" monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack. You can only use this effect of "Carnimal Roller Raptor" once per turn.

You can Pendulum Summon a monster from the GY essentially. Monster effect allows for an extra monster from your Deck, allowing for higher Synchro plays.

Carnimal Prize Python

Level 3 - WATER - Reptile/Tuner/Effect - ATK/1300 DEF/1200

You can discard this card, or tribute this card on your side of the field, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Carnimal" monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this card is in your GY, you can shuffle this card into your Deck, then Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Carnimal" monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack. You can only use 1 effect of "Carnimal Prize Python" per turn, and only once that turn.

A discard effect to Special Summon another archetypal monster, and a banish from GY effect with the same result. Pretty good usage.

Carnimal Winner Wyvern

Level 2 - FIRE - Wyrm/Effect - ATK/800 DEF/1000

You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, if the only monsters you control are "Carnimal" monsters. You can only use this effect once per turn.

A level 2 who Special Summons himself at will to accompany his buddies. GY or hand, doesn't stop him.

Spells:

Carnimal Carnival

Field Spell

All "Carnimal" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, if you Special Summon a "Carnimal" monster, you can target 1 card your opponent controls, destroy it.

The field spell for them. While giving an unnegatable boost, it also allows for destruction when you special summon an archetypal monster. Shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Carnimal Crate

Quick-Play Spell

Once per turn, if the only monsters you control are "Carnimal" monsters (min. 1), you can draw 2 cards. Once, when this card is in your GY (except the turn it was sent there), you can banish this card from your GY (Quick Effect): "Carnimal" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects or by battle until the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Carnival Crate" per turn.

This was a last minute addition. I realized, I would hardly even have a hand in this archetype, so, I made a card to fix that. Double drawing capacity, yay.

Traps:

Carnimal Control

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, while you control at least 1 "Carnimal" monster, you can change all monsters your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position, then all "Carnimal" monsters you control gain 400 ATK until the End Phase.

Partner this bad boy up with Game Gator and you have a nice combo. While turning your opponent's monsters to Defense (which can be used on both player's turns), it also boosts yours by a little bit setting up for a new play.

Extra Deck Monsters:

Carnimal Game Gator

Level 8 - WATER - Aqua/Synchro/Effect - ATK/2700 DEF/2000

1 Tuner + 1+ Non-Tuner monsters

If this card is Synchro Summoned using only "Carnimal" monsters, you can send the Materials used for the Synchro Summon of this card back to the Deck. While this card is on the field, if a "Carnimal" monster battles a face-down monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

A boss like card, sends material back to the Deck, and piercing battle damage for all monsters in the archetype. Good if you partner it up with the trap card.

Carnimal Mallet Monkey

Level 6 - FIRE - Warrior/Synchro/Effect - ATK/2100 DEF/2000

Once per turn, if this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Carnimal" monster from your Deck, but it cannot attack. While this card is on the field, "Carnimal" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

A decent stats Synchro with Special Summoning capabilities, and effect protection while he is face-up. Pretty good usage here.

Carnimal Party Piranha

Level 4 - DARK - Fish/Synchro/Tuner/Effect - ATK/1800 DEF/800

This card can attack your opponent directly. A Synchro monster Summoned using this card as a Material gains this effect:

If this card was Synchro Summoned, it gains 300 ATK and DEF.

The first Synchro Tuner in the archetype, it can attack directly. Although you mainly want it for it's next effect. Giving 300 ATK to the next Synchro monster is a good effect.

Carnimal Tent Tarantula

Level 12 - LIGHT - Insect/Synchro/Effect - ATK/2900 DEF/3400

1 "Carnimal" Tuner + 1+ Non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, you can draw 1 card. This effect cannot be negated. If a face-up "Carnimal" monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can discard 1 card, it is not destroyed and you take no battle damage from that battle. You can only use this effect of "Carnimal Tent Tarantula" once per turn.

This is the biggest boss possible in this archetype. A plus 1 in your hand per turn, protection from battle every turn at the cost of a card in your hand, and awesome ATK and DEF. Combine that with one of the Synchro Tuner's bonus effects, and this could be devastating.

Carnimal Dunk Donkey

Level 7 - WATER - Beast/Synchro/Effect - ATK/2500 DEF/1900

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can target 1 card your opponent controls, destroy it. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 "Carnimal" monster from anywhere on the field, destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Destroy a card on summon, and tribute to destroy 1. Also, good ATK.

Carnimal Toy Tiger

Level 5 - EARTH - Beast/Synchro/Tuner/Effect - ATK/2000 DEF/1500

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field. A Synchro monster Summoned using this card as a Material gains this effect:

Once per turn, when this card destroys a monster by battle, it can attack again.

Good Tuner Synchro that can destroy something on summon, and allows for the next to attack twice.

So there you have it. I might continue to work on these, but they are at a finished place ATM. AGM (especially Draconus and Sakura) plz let me know how well I did with my Synchro archetype. I have never made one before, so this was a new thing for me.

Fluffy Foal is not underwhelming. It isn't restricted by a hard OPT clause and it can Special Summon another copy of itself from the GY, which in turn can revive a third copy, which can revive something else, giving you 5 monsters off of the first Fluffy Foal being revived by your Ferris Ferret. At that point you gain access to Synchro, Xyz, and Link Summon with a little extra left.

Ferris Ferret is fine and interesting, but Fluffy Foal might want to get toned down a little.

Candy Cardinal on the other hand needs a little boost. Its Pendulum Effect should probably be a Quick Effect so you can react to your opponent trying to destroy your scales when you only control Carnimals, and then it'd actually be a back-up that would save you from losing.

It's monster effect probably needs to specify from where it is Summoned. I'd normally guess from the GY, but Pendulums go to the Extra Deck face-up instead, but also the way it is written kind of sounds like it doesn't matter if something would banish/bounce/spin/control/etc it after destroying it, but that can't be right.

I think upon coming back with its monster effect, it have a clause along the lines of "and if Summoned this way, banish it when it leaves the field" instead of waiting for the End Phase, but that's just me.

Roller Raptor's monster effect sounds a tad strong not being once per turn, Ferret and Foal both get you to revive something and you can easily do both for +2 Summons with Raptor as an extra, and then turn them into a Carnimal Extra Deck monster that will also trigger Raptor's effect.

Python On my goodness.
You Summon Raptor, discard Phython, Summon Ferret, Raptor triggers and Summons Foal, send the revived Phython to the GY to bring out another Ferret, and now you can choose if you wanna Summon a 5th monster with your second Ferret's revive or with Raptor's trigger. Then Link Summon to open up more zones for the Extra Deck and use whatever you haven't used to keep recycling Ferrets, Foals, and Phythons until you have enough of a board....
I think Phython also needs the "You can only use this effect of Phython once per turn" kind of clause.... Otherwise you are making one of the best Special Summon decks ever, able to easily go for Links, Synchros, Xyzs, Pendulums, all alike. Technically you can even tech Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom as a Fusion because your Raptor is a DARK Pendulum that is easy to multiply.

Wyvern is fine.... You could technically also make it so that you can only Summon Carnimals for the rest of the turn as an extra safety measure, but even if it doesn't get that treatment, I still don't see something too abusable, just a solid constant wall and fodder IMO, much like how Treeborn Frog was back in the day.

Your field Spell card is solid and it actually sounds fun to try out considering how easily the monsters get Special Summoned. I quite like it. Though I gotta insist the monsters mostly require hard "Once Per Turn" clauses like the one Wyvern has, on top of a clause that prevents them from Special Summoning copies of themselves too.

Carnimal Crate's feels too advantageous. You pretty much draw 3 cards with it, and if you draw into all copies, this can get ridiculous pretty fast, even if the GY effect waits a turn. 
In my opinion, it needs to only let you use a single effect per turn, and only once that turn, and reduce the draw. Maybe instead search for a Carnimal, and get it banished for the GY effect's single draw, and if you wanna make it more interesting than just a "Reinforcement of the Army" for your deck, you can offer something like extra ATK for a carnimal or 1-time destruction protection, or something along those lines as a bonus.
There's a number of options for this one xD

Carnimal Control... Hmm IDK. Links made force-setting a little weaker, but still not sure this is fair. It is a quick OPT effect, sounds like too much. Maybe just set them when the card activates, OR since the deck is so good at Special Summoning back your monsters anyways, why not Tributing one of them to activate this effect each time? On top of my usual suggestion of "once per turn" as in the hard kind of "once per turn", that doesn't let even other copies of itself do the effect until next turn. Maybe even require you to control a Carnimal monster to activate and resolve the effect (apart form the Tributed one) in a way that your opponent can still dodge this if they can stop you from having Carnimals by the end of the chain... This is so good at Summoning back monsters that even with all the suggested nerfs, I think this is still gonna be good.

Reading your Gator Synchro, and now I know the Trap Card REALLY needs the suggested nerfs xD Pierce is nice and having a 2700+ ATK accessible monster that turns your whole deck into pierce is not to be taken lightly. That said, Gator is fine as is.

Maybe Mallet Monkey should Summon from the Deck upon its Synchro Summon. Summoning from the Deck is a very powerful thing to just do every turn for the cost of bringing out a Level 6 Synchro. Though I gotta admit, its stats are on the low side, but this card is probably meant to help you ladder into your Accel Synchro boss monster. It is pretty sweet anti-target I must say though.... That is surprisingly powerful.

Piranha has solid stats for a direct attacker, but we have an Xyz that does the same at 2000 ATK so can't really say much more other than this card might still need to be calibrated based on how much of a boost in usefulness it gets from being a member of this archetype, which I can already see anti-target, destruction-on-Summon, pierce+ATK boost, and the ability to always get easily revived without worrying about ammo being finite like Xyz monsters do. It is a card to keep an eye on IMO. 

Tarantula is strange. The OPT draw is good, but it is surprising to see a Level 10 or higher Synchro be a generic 2+ material Summon. The battle protection effect sounds good, but since the deck doesn't really usually do anything with the battles, I'm gonna guess it is just an extra bonus for the field, and that this is not actually the ultimate boss since it doesn't look like something the deck resolves around. That said, still not a bad card IMO.

Oh, Donkey is savage. It is on "Summon" xD
You can revive it multiple times a turn and in response to anything and pam! takes care of anything. You can even combo it with the field spell to pop twice as fast, and it also has battle and effect target protection from the support its archetype provides.

(I think it could be OPT to risk having another Inzektor Hornet-like combo here. Other than that the card can go to beta test xD )

Tiger is solid, and is more balanced. I think if it did something like force a monster to be set forever like Quaking Mirror Force does, would be in theme for the archetype, or you could have the monster outright banished instead seeing as how this card only acts on Synchro Summon (instead of any Summon) and only targets monsters (your other cards destroy any card)...... OR you can do both by force-setting a monster permanently and saying it'll be banished after X amount of time on its own. (just throwing the idea around).

All in all, the archetype came across to me as a bit extreme in power, but nothing that can't be fixed.
If you like this archetype a lot you can proxy it out and see how they test out. I remember years ago I made a deck full of good cards like this, and when I decided to play them together, I had a bunch of 5000+ ATK monsters swarming the field and destroying your opponent's super fast, and that only clicked on me once I tested them haha.

Btw, this little review/commentary is not meant to be very judgmental, I'll still try to come up with a couple of drawings for it. I wish I could help out with more but I have a ton of petitions at another thread (12 to be exact), and over 20 Inktober entries, and my own cards and comics drawings pending, and IRL stuff......... I'll try to squeeze in some time, promise.

Thank you for the feedback! I will try to fix these accordingly and I am glad you were able to point out all the ways they are possibly overpowered. I usually can't see that myself, so I am grateful that you did it for me. As for the card art, take all the time you need, I'm not in a hurry to get them finished. I know you are busy, and have things to do, so don't worry about it.

EDIT: Posting to say I have fixed them. Well, other than the Trap. IDK how to fix that one...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived