... realistic card forum??

Force_Flex

The Card Maker does not format effect text in the manner of real cards; Card Maker effects are left-justified and will often leave a lot of blank space even if the effect is long enough to cause the text size to shrink, whereas real cards are full-justified and will only leave more than a line of blank space if the effect is too short to fill the whole area at the largest available font size. There are actually real cards that, when reproduced via the Card Maker, cease to be readable as a result of this distinction.

End of topic.

Well...considering that none of these will be ever used in a match/game' date=' does it really matter whether or not the text is legible?

[/quote']

No it doesn't, but adding on from what force said.

If we are going to "ban" God Cards from realistic, a long with new sub types and types, then why not ban un readable effects?

It makes sense, and I understand why he is asking it. But banning the "long" effect is like firing every base ball batter who has hit more then 50 home runs, or every basketball player who has made over 500 points..

If that happens, then RC will fall apart. All the great Card Makers will turn thier noses up knowing that there is a limit to how much thier Imagination can flow.

Well...considering that none of these will be ever used in a match/game' date=' does it really matter whether or not the text is legible?

[/quote']

If we are going to "ban" God Cards from realistic, a long with new sub types and types, then why not ban un readable effects?

It makes sense, and I understand why he is asking it. But banning the "long" effect is like firing every base ball batter who has hit more then 50 home runs, or every basketball player who has made over 500 points..

If that happens, then RC will fall apart. All the great Card Makers will turn thier noses up knowing that there is a limit to how much thier Imagination can flow.

I covered that already.

The Card Maker does not format effect text in the manner of real cards; Card Maker effects are left-justified and will often leave a lot of blank space even if the effect is long enough to cause the text size to shrink' date=' whereas real cards are full-justified and will only leave more than a line of blank space if the effect is too short to fill the whole area at the largest available font size. There are actually real cards that, when reproduced via the Card Maker, cease to be readable as a result of this distinction.

End of topic.

[/quote']

That right there, makes all cards made by the card maker, unrealistic.

ohwait...

[/quote']

I covered that already.

The Card Maker does not format effect text in the manner of real cards; Card Maker effects are left-justified and will often leave a lot of blank space even if the effect is long enough to cause the text size to shrink' date=' whereas real cards are full-justified and will only leave more than a line of blank space if the effect is too short to fill the whole area at the largest available font size. There are actually real cards that, when reproduced via the Card Maker, cease to be readable as a result of this distinction.

End of topic.

[/quote']

That right there, makes all cards made by the card maker, unrealistic.

ohwait...

Nah, if the effect is too short to fill a single line, it should look pretty much like a real card.

Ban anything with more than one line of text.

Ban anything with more than one line of text.

I lol'd.

Ok' date=' wolfy, you win. Terror Incarnate does have a longer effect than Relinquished and even slightly longer than Thousand Eyes Restrict.

[/quote']

oh i thought u where talking about actual play ability. text wiz i think Terror incarnate is still slightly longer by a word or 2

It is.

If that happens' date=' then RC will fall apart. All the great Card Makers will turn thier noses up knowing that there is a limit to how much thier Imagination can flow.

[/quote']

*turns nose up*

But seriously, I don't need 100 words to make a solid card. If someone does, then they aren't a realistic cardmaker. >_>

I'm not trying to say, "ban long effects" I'm just saying that it's un-realistic... mabey a new sub-forum? just a suggestion... I mean realisticly, there aren't gonna be spoilers showing you the effect in big letters (I wish -_-)

I'm not trying to say, "ban long effects" I'm just saying that it's un-realistic... mabey a new sub-forum? just a suggestion... I mean realisticly, there aren't gonna be spoilers showing you the effect in big letters (I wish -_-)

I'm not trying to say' date=' "ban long effects" I'm just saying that it's un-realistic... mabey a new sub-forum? just a suggestion... I mean realisticly, there aren't gonna be spoilers showing you the effect in big letters (I wish -_-)[/color']

Your idiotic system leads to a wide variety of real-life cards being deemed unrealistic. For example, Vennominaga's text, when run through the card maker, comes out nigh-unreadable.

This has already been explained to you. Guess you're just slow.

I'm not trying to say' date=' "ban long effects" I'm just saying that it's un-realistic... mabey a new sub-forum? just a suggestion... I mean realisticly, there aren't gonna be spoilers showing you the effect in big letters (I wish -_-)[/color']

Your idiotic system leads to a wide variety of real-life cards being deemed unrealistic. For example, Vennominaga's text, when run through the card maker, comes out nigh-unreadable.

[align=center]Just a wee-bit...

I just wanted to express my mind to the public... uh... yea I guess this belongs in debates... uh... yea...[/align]

[align=center]Just a wee-bit...

I just wanted to express my mind to the public... uh... yea I guess this belongs in debates... uh... yea...[/align]

No, it doesn't belong in debates. It doesn't belong anywhere. That's how dumb it is.

Archived