Goka, the Pyre of Malice

Nate12345 made some videos about his Deck, which utilizes Goka to make fodder for Monarchs and stuff, and uses Pyramid Turtle to search Gokas out.

As a FIRE Zombie-Type monster, I gotta say, this card is pretty neat. More splashable than one might think.

Here're Nate's videos with Goka if you'd like to see 'em. Nate's running the orange-sleeved cards while his opponents using blue sleeves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_FJO6u4uXo (Watch this first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pElGxvPLiIY

Oh, and due to the low use of Goka, you can get some for only 99 American Cents on cheap sites, namely trollandtoad.

Goka%2CthePyreofMaliceCSOC-EN-SR-1E.jpg

So, discuss Goka, the Pyre of Malice. ^_^

It requires you to have a FIRE monster on your side of the field to Special Summon it.

Thus making it Situational.

And last time I checked' date=' Situational = Bad.

[/quote']

It can also be S-Summoned via Pyramid Turtle and a helluvalot of Zombie revival. That's just an extra bonus. FIRE is a whole Attribute, if you're running this with the FIRE root in mind, chances are the majority of your Deck will be FIRE monsters, making this easily Summonable.

It requires you to have a FIRE monster on your side of the field to Special Summon it.

[/quote']

It can also be S-Summoned via Pyramid Turtle and a helluvalot of Zombie revival. That's just an extra bonus.

Yeah, but Pyramid Turtle is a bit iffy due to the Destroyed by Battle effect, and Zombie Revival got shot when Mezuki got hit to 1.

[/quote']

It can also be S-Summoned via Pyramid Turtle and a helluvalot of Zombie revival. That's just an extra bonus.

Yeah, but Pyramid Turtle is a bit iffy due to the Destroyed by Battle effect, and Zombie Revival got shot when Mezuki got hit to 1.

You can always kamikaze Pyramid Turtles as is often done in competitive play. Zombie Revival still has that 1 Mezuki, 3 Book of Lifes, Zombie Masters (they don't work on Goka but w/e), and Il Bluds. It's a lot of revival.

Anyone that says this card is bad doesn't understand it, or just isn't good at the game.

Let's ignore the Special Summon effect completely for a second. Okay, so I tribute 1 monster to Summon it, and nothing gets destroyed. Now I have a "Token Machine" on my field that can, if need be, increase its own ATK.

Okay, so Normal Summoning it "wastes" a Summon, but let's take into consideration that I get a Token each turn, so Goka quickly pays for itself. That, and the fact that it provides Tributes for Monarchs, Jinzo, and even Synchro Summons.

Now, if you happen to use it in a FIRE Deck, there's the built-in Special Summon effect, which basically allows you to perform a simple Synchro Summon if you already have a monster on the field.

The fact that it is "situational" doesn't hurt it at all. It's only situational if you look at it that way. There are ways to use this card that can help you and not hurt you at all.

Worst case scenario, you can Tribute a Token to give it 2700 ATK and take out a Monarch, Jinzo, or even Stardust Dragon.

It's definitely not a bad card.

Most monsters with 2300 or lower ATK rarely stay for more than one turn.

GB don't stay there the whole turn and don't reach 2300 ATK :lol:

card is good, I've wanted to try this card in a deck sinse it was only japanese. most good things about this card were said by Star, there must be something else that no1 has thought about ;) (yet).

I have to say, way better that the effect that was given to this card in the manga.

Archived