~Airknight Swordsman~ [Another card for everyone to ignore]

Synchronized

Disclaimer: Not my image

Image Credit: Father Wolf

[align=center]AirknightSwordsman-1.jpg

This card's Level is treated as 4 while it is in your Deck. If this card is added from your Deck to your hand by a Card Effect, Special Summon it to your field in face-up Defense Position and switch its ATK and DEF. You can Special Summon this card by Tributing 1 monster. If this card is Special Summoned in this way, Special Summon 1 "Airknight Token" (Warrior-Type/WIND/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). "Airknight Token(s)" you control cannot be destroyed by battle. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster during the turn it is Special Summoned.[/align]

Not bad. I quite like the uniqueness of it.

Its speed is hindered by its lack of ability to Tune on the turn it's summoned. When it's on the field, it's easy picking for an opponent's Smashing, Shield Crush, or virtually any card in play (since all cookie-cutter cards kill something).

What's the point of putting that drawback, though? It just slows the card down...

8.6/10

Not bad. I quite like the uniqueness of it.

Its speed is hindered by its lack of ability to Tune on the turn it's summoned. When it's on the field' date=' it's easy picking for an opponent's Smashing, Shield Crush, or virtually any card in play (since all cookie-cutter cards kill something).

What's the point of putting that drawback, though? It just slows the card down...

8.6/10

[/quote']

If there's no drawback, it's an Instant Synchro Summon. The effect basically becomes "Tribute 1 card. Special Summon 1 Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck.".

Just remind me of why that is bad' date=' exactly.

[/quote']

Synchro Summoning shouldn't be that simple. It's for reasons like that that cards like Destiny Hero - Malicious and Emergency Teleport were put on the list.

Archived