All for One Contest - Finished - Lock

Shamack

i must apoligise

my computer has been down all weekend, so i haven't been able to keep this up to date. i have extended the contest to make up for it, and give a chance to the ones who have reserved an entry, but not paid, a final chance to pay

hamcha, 00 mothim and apple_cream. i still need your 50 points entry fee from you. you have 12 hours to send it to me, or you will be removed from the competition. I will also send you a PM reminding you

The contest will start in 12 hours

again, sorry for the inconvenience

EDIT:- 00 mothim, i can't send you a PM as you have it disabled. all i can do is hope you see this message

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually need sleep. is 1am here. contest extended till i wake up, which will only be a couple of hours. others can enter, but they need to pay the contest points immediately

i'll come back online in 6 to 7 hours. the applications for contest will end when i come back online

And so, the Application part of the Contest is now Over. No-one else can enter, and any donated points after this moment will be refunded.

I have recieved 5 people's Entry Fee so the Final Prize amount is 250 points

You now have 1 week to post your cards. Remember, it must be a Lv8 Effect Monster (Any Type and/or any Sub-Type are allowed, as long as it is a real Type and/or Sub-Type)

I wish you all the best of luck, and I look forward to seeing your cards

as long as it has an effect and it is Lv8, i don't mind if it is an Effect Monster, Fusion Monster, Ritual Monster, Synchro Monster or Dark Synchro Monster (but in the case of Dark Synchro, you would have to make it Lv -8 )

though a side note...... you WON'T be awarded bonus points for a Dark Synchro Monster just becuase it is hard to make. It will be treated like any other card

"drum roll" *drum roll starts* "What Say We Kick This Turbo Duel Into Overdrive!!!" -Jack Atlas

here's mi card 160496.jpg

lore:2 Sea Serpent Type monsters + "Umi"

When this card is Summoned all AQUA Type monsters on your field gain 500 ATK and DEF.

When this card is destroyed as a result of battle you can pay 550 Life Points to return this card back to the top of your deck.

here's my card:

51314.jpg

Effect: This card can only be Summoned by tributing 3 monsters on your side of the field.When this card is Summoned, both players draw 1 card from their deck and give it to their opponent. As long as the cards remain with the opponent or on the field, the controller of the card applies one of the following effect:

Monster: your opponents loses 1000 Life Points during their Standby Phase.

Spell: your opponent gains 1000 Life Points during their Standby Phase.

Trap: your opponent draws 2 cards during their Standby Phase.

This is your 24 hour Warning, The Cantest will end in 24 hours. If you do not post a card,you will not be refunded. it is important that you enter

apple_cream, batteryman AAA and megadriver need to post a card, i will send you PM's of this now to you, it is not to late to enter

Sorry for late posting card but I didnt have time:

195303.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

This card cannot be Special summoned. To Tribute Summon this card, you must Tribute 3 Dragon-Type monsters.When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned, select up to 5 Spell Cards from your opponent's Graveyard and remove them from play. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each card removed from play by this card's effect.

Ok, you all took you time to post these cards, and with such a big entrance fee, it would be unfair of me not to give reasons behind my decisions. I will review them in the order of when the card was posted and so fit8 card will be first.

this is what i will by judging on

Official Card Grammer - Out of 3 Points

for Spelling, Phrasing and Look of the Text

Picture Quality - Out of 2 Points

for Picture Quality, and likeness to the Overall card.

Fairness of card - Out of 3 Points

for not too Strong, Not too Weak. The Overall likelyhood that Konami would make this card

Originality - Out of 2 Points

Nothing like any card that exists already, or one that any other member has made before.

total score is out of 10

on the the cards.

fit8's card:-

SerpantKingofTheSea.jpg

Card Effect

2 Sea Serpent Type monsters + "Umi"

When this card is Summoned all AQUA Type monsters on your field gain 500 ATK and DEF.

When this card is destroyed as a result of battle you can pay 550 Life Points to return this card back to the top of your deck.

Official Card Grammer - 0

I really don't want to cause any offence with this card, but the Effect of this card is bad. Though wording need only a little change to maintain the same effect, the idea of the effects are confusing.

1. No card requires a Field Card as a Fusion. i could qualify it as original, but the rules clearly state that only monsters can be fused.

2. Wording of the Fusion Materials. It should be Written 1 Sea Serpent Type Monster + 1 Sea Serpant Type Monster

3. Sea Serpants are required to summon it, which would suggest to me you would summon this is a Sea Serpant Deck, but it powers up Aqua monsters. it would of been better to either make this card an Aqua Type, or changed the Effect to power up Sea Serpant Type, Or better yet, Power up Water Attribute

4. Monster effects that power up monsters only last as long as the card remains face-up on the field (Command Knight, Freya - Spirit of Victory, Milus Radiant). Monsters that power up when summoned are broken, as people can keep re-summoning them, and power up all the other monsters multiple times

5. Don't seperate effects onto a differant lines unless it is something like a Gemini Monster

6. This is the worst one. when the monster is destroyed, you can pay 550 LP to return it to the top of your deck. You need to state the Extra Deck or Fusion Deck, Fusion Monsters cannot be returned to the deck. This is a definate OCG error, and this effect would be best removed. Most would prefer for it to go to the graveyard anyway, so that it can be re-summoned by effects like Monster Reborn.

If it was up to me, This would be your monster's Effect:-

1 Sea Serpant Type Monster + 1 Sea Serpant Type Monster

As long as this card remains face-up on the field, increase the attack of all WATER attribute monsters you control by 500 points.

that makes it easy to summon, and the effect is useful to you.

Picture Quality - 2

I like the picture of this card, it is in very good detail, with no gaps or stretching

Fairness - 0

I have scored you 0 on this for multiple reasons. if we go by your old effect, then the power-up when summoned is a broken effect (as explained in OCG). If we go by the New Effect, then it is too easy to summon. What makes this card the most unfair is the ATK and DEF of this Lv8 card (being 3700 and 3400), and the fact that it is easy to summon makes the card broken. If the Attack was lowered, then the card would be much fairer (if you use my effect, then Lower the ATK to 2500, and it would power itself up to 3000)

Originality - 1

You tried to be original and that is why i gave you a point. you just didn't think it through.

Total Score - 3 out of 10

The card is just too powerful and the effect wasn't entirely thought through. Don't take this personally, i am trying to help. Learn from this and during my next contest, you will most likely do better. Thank you for Entering

hamcha's card:-

KikaiNinja.jpg

Effect: This card can only be Summoned by tributing 3 monsters on your side of the field.When this card is Summoned, both players draw 1 card from their deck and give it to their opponent. As long as the cards remain with the opponent or on the field, the controller of the card applies one of the following effect:

Monster: your opponents loses 1000 Life Points during their Standby Phase.

Spell: your opponent gains 1000 Life Points during their Standby Phase.

Trap: your opponent draws 2 cards during their Standby Phase.

Official Card Grammer - 1

Everytime i read this card effect, i see it doing differant things, which is not a good thing. Cards need to be clear, but this is the effect I now believe is correct. Both Player draw a card and give it to their opponent, then both player gain the effect depending on what card was received. If this is not what you were trying to explain, then your card is a lot worse then I am making out, as it is unclear.

This is a very original effect so trying to get it the correct grammar is hard. There are only a few errors noticeable. The main one is that each effect should not be separated by a line. Proof of this is the Neo-Spacian Glow Moss, which has Monster-Spell-Trap Effect, but don’t separate. You shouldn’t separate is as it causes the text to be smaller, and you want to let people have fun playing, not cause them eye-strain

Picture Quality – 1.5

I like the image, it is interesting and original. But the image looks stretched sideways. A piece of advice from me is make sure you image is square by cropping it (cutting sections away) before added to the card. It makes things look neater, this is what removed half a point from my score

Fairness – 1

I like randomised effect card that add a bit of risk to the game, but any effect that can get people to draw 2 cards is unfair. Any effect that allows people to draw 2 cards every turn is broken, and this effect last as long as the card is in possession, not as long as this monster is on the field, which makes this card destroyed. This card is TOO powerful…… seriously. I gave you a point for the randomised risk effect, but at the very least, the trap effect should be shrunk to 1 card.

Originality – 1.5

You made the effect original, but it is too broken. Small editing can make this card more legitimate though.

Total Score:- 6 out of 10

I cannot see this card ever being created by Konami under it’s current effect, but the card has potential. Just a little more editing and this card could be as fair as any card around. Good Card, just a little too powerful.

Batteryman AAA’s card:-

NavigatorFairyLily.jpg

Official Card Grammer:- 3

I can’t see any errors except some capital letters where they weren’t needed and a “-“ between “non” and “Tuner”, but I am not going to penalise you for them as I allow most basic of human errors as long as there isn’t too many of them.

Picture Quality – 2

Good picture, but no yu-gi-oh cards has 2 pictures of the same monster in the same image. I won’t penalise you for it though.

Fairness – 1

I look at this card and I can see you were trying to include a negative effect to make it fairer, but the way you worded it, it can be made into a positive effect as well. Being unable to discard cards means card like Lightning Vortex and all the others like it cannot be activated, but not able to discard also means that as long as this card remains face-up on the field, you can have more then 6 cards in your hand, as you cannot discard them.

As for the other effect, It is too powerful, you have the Ancient Gear which stops activation of traps, during the battle until the damage step, while this card is throughout your entire turn. Most traps are only activated during your opponent’s turn, so this make this card a majorly powerful card.

This combined with it’s 3000 ATK makes it tough to beat

Nice try with the negative effect, I gave you a point for that, but the card is quite broken at the moment

Originality – 1.5

This card is quite original, but a little broken

Total Score – 7.5 out of 10

I actually like this card, it comes across that you tried to make it fair. If it wasn’t so broken, you would of scored much higher

megadriver’s card:-

TheUltimateSkullDemonDragon.jpg

This card cannot be Special summoned. To Tribute Summon this card, you must Tribute 3 Dragon-Type monsters.When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned, select up to 5 Spell Cards from your opponent's Graveyard and remove them from play. Increase the ATK of this card by 300 points for each card removed from play by this card's effect.

Official Card Grammer – 2

There is only one thing I can complain about when it comes to this effect. It is obvious you just took other cards effects and created this effect. This reason for this is you haven’t paid attention to what you actually wrote.

1st Sentence – This card cannot be Special Summoned

3rd Sentence – When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned

Your effect contradicts itself. I need to give you max points because of no errors, but that one error allows me to remove a point.

Picture Quality – 2

I REALLY like this picture, it is probably my favourite in this contest.

Fairness – 3

As similar effects have been seen in other yu-gi-oh cards, I cannot complain at the fairness, you gave it some bad effects, like the summoning conditions, and the monster has potential to be strong. I may say the negative out way the positive, it might be wiser to have it as either “tribute 2 Dragon-type monsters” or “tribute 3 monsters”. The card would benefit from it without seeming broken.

Originality – 0

I can place all effects and wording used from other cards, Victory Dragon and White Horned Dragon. This card isn’t original, but this is the only place your lose points for it

Total Score – 7 out of 10

I wish the card was more original. However, I have noticed that if you hadn’t of made the special summoned mistake, you wouldn’t have lost the points and you would have won this contest.

And so there we have it, it took me longer then I expected to type, and I apoligise for that.

The Winner is ………… Batteryman AAA with 7.5 out of 10

Second is megadriver

Third is hamcha

Awards will be delivered in a few minutes. Thank you for participating in my contest, I hope you enjoyed it, and please give me feedback of what you think, I’ll ask for the contest to be locked tomorrow

Archived