The starwebs1 "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" Discussion

starwebs1

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Morpheous Erebos

I died sooo many times on this game in general. I am not good with many games, but to me that's what makes them fun (the frustration, then joy when I finally succeed)

To some extent' date=' I didn't like how the entire purpose of turning the Forest Temple inside out was just so you can get the elevator working when you first enter

[/quote']

I kinda liked that. It was challenging to play Hide-and-Seek in a temple riddled with enemies. Not to mention that the music gave it a creepy atmosphere. To me, the Forest Temple was the SECOND most annoying (whereas the most annoying was the Water Temple).

Yeah' date=' roasting the Ice Witch, while chilling the Fire Witch. Oh the hilarity of it all.

And for Phantom Ganon, it gave me some trouble too, almost died fighting him the first time.

Though I'm actually surprised you didn't find Dark Link a problem in the water temple

[/quote']

I had done some practicing with backflips before I entered the Water Palace. Once I saw that the Master Sword wasn't going to work, I decided to use the Megaton Hammer. The backflip training came in handy to dodge his swings. He wasn't that hard at all...

I've never used the Megaton Hammer on him' date=' I used the Biggoron Sword (few people I know HAVE defeated him with the Master sword)

[/quote']

I've used the Master Sword, Biggoron Sword, and the Megaton Hammer. Sometimes, I like to use the Master Sword in order to get a feeling of nostalgia from the final boss battle in Zelda 2.

You ever use the Megaton Hammer against Ganon at the end?

I only did a few times over just to see the difference compared to the Biggoron Sword

The first time I ever played the game and when I didn't know about the Biggoron Sword, I had to use the Megaton Hammer. It wasn't as hard as I had heard. You can easily roll between Ganon's legs and hit his tail while he's wondering where the hell you went. Biggoron Sword just cuts the number of hits in half. When I found out that I could use Light Arrows to blind Ganon, I laughed. XD

Yeah well here's something I bet you didn't know: you can chuck a deku seed at his tail and it would still sting him the same way as if you had just bashed it with the megaton hammer.

I experimented this with the Biggoron Sword, Megaton Hammer, and Deku Seed. You need to sting his tail 10 times before he finally goes down for you to retrieve the Master Sword. Doesn't matter which weapon you use, sting him 10 times is all

Yeah well here's something I bet you didn't know: you can chuck a deku seed at his tail and it would still sting him the same way as if you had just bashed it with the megaton hammer.

I experimented this with the Biggoron Sword' date=' Megaton Hammer, and Deku Seed. You need to sting his tail 10 times before he finally goes down for you to retrieve the Master Sword. Doesn't matter which weapon you use, sting him 10 times is all

[/quote']

Didn't know about the Deku Nut. I never used those. =/

They could've made Ganon a little bit harder. He was harder in Link to the Past. Another funny thing: In the N64 version, the blood is red when you finish off Ganon; in the Wii version, it's green. Lame attempt to censor...

It's been WAY too long since I've played that one (hell it's been more than 3 years since the last time I played Ocarina of Time)

I'd say a max of 1400-ish

Didn't get the Quiver? The Quivers weren't too hard to get, but the Bomb Bags were a pain. I RECENTLY discovered an easy way to get the one from the Goron in Goron City as Kid Link. When it rolls up to you, aim a Bombchu at it and let it do its thing. Before I discovered that, I was wasting regular bombs trying to time it right in order to catch the Goron in the blast. The Bombchu Alley was a pain in the butt due to the random prizes.

The Treasure Chest game was funny in how you could cheat to easily win. It made me laugh!!!

Archived