The starwebs1 "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" Discussion

starwebs1

I didn't bother too much on achieving too much in the game. My friend later played the game for me to get around 1800 and got me the quiver and bomb bags.

I made sure to find EVERYTHING in the game. I got all the Quivers, Bomb Bags, Arrows, Heart Pieces, Magic Beans, Spells, Gold Skulltulas, and Bottles. Once I did all that, I'd just go and run around in the game to take in the scenery.

My favorite place to hang around was Lake Hylia. The fishing game also took up most of my time in that game. I forget the biggest fish I caught on the N64, but I caught a 23 pounder on the Wii.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are they supposed to be of the exact same weight between the N64 and the Wii?

Yeah, there are no differences between the N64 and Wii versions of Ocarina of Time (except for controls and censor of blood in the fight against Ganon I mentioned earlier). Kinda wish they would've included the Master Quest expansion that was for the Gamecube, but oh well. =(

interesting. I didn't spend THAT much time fishing' date=' but I too enjoyed that game.

Think the max I had EVER gotten was just under 20 pounds

[/quote']

If I remember right, you only had to catch a fish that was at least 16 pounds in order to get the Gold Scale. Anything else was just for bragging rights. Ever find the Sinker Lure? That's the only way to catch the 'lunker' of the pond. I forget how to get it now, unfortunately.

For some reason, I always liked to wear the Zora Tunic while running around (except in hot areas). If I'm gonna jump off the ledge in the Gerudo Valley and take a swim, I might as well make sure I'm not going to drown when I hit my head on the bottom...

I DID get the Gold Scale myself' date=' took a few tries.

Don't think I ever got the Sinker Lure though

[/quote']

Only thing the Gold Scale is good for is getting the Heart Piece from the old man in the Lakeside Laboratory. Kinda useless IMO since you get the Iron Boots.

On a strange note, Princess Ruto freaked me out. Not only does she nag at you like a spoiled brat, she holds on to a seven year marriage pledge that you never officially agreed to; she just assumed it since you took the Zora's Sapphire. It was 'disturbing' to me...

*shrugs* that's just gaming royalty for you. They force you to make commitments you never agreed to

Just like Princess Zelda. I would've preferred to make a commitment like that to Malon of Lon Lon Ranch. Makes me wonder why I couldn't just stab Ingo and take back the ranch instead of winning a horse race. On that note, why couldn't I just use my Bow and shoot him in the back of the head while riding on my horse? I don't care if Link IS the Hero of Time. Ingo was asking for it for animal cruelty and unfit working conditions for a minor (Malon).

Speaking of Epona, riding around and catching all those Poes for the final bottle was a pain in the neck. Half the time, they'd hit a wall and disappear. Frustrated me to no end...

When it came to winning Epona' date=' there were more than enough times when I wished I didn't have to obey the rules for racing the guy and just cut his head off or something to win Epona quickly

[/quote']

Sucks that you had to pay so much to race, though. Made it a pain to get more Rupees if you lost. For some reason, I always noticed Ingo getting a cheap burst of speed near the end. I also find it hilarious that within the (roughly) 20 seconds it would take to you go back inside Lon Lon Ranch, Ingo has changed his attitude and clothes. If Ganondorf really gave a flip, he'd just nuke Lon Lon Ranch...

Archived