Curse of Anubis

SD1-EN028.jpg

It's essentially Threatening Roar, but maybe even a little more versatile. =o

I think this should see more play, it's chainable, it stops attacks, and you can use it on your turn and then summon a monster or summon monsters and take the opponent's monsters out by battle easily.

I really see this as better than Roar, considering that if used on your opponent's turn and you are inconvenienced by the fact that your monsters are switched too, you can switch them back next turn anyway, and nobody runs Vanillas, you can side something else in in this card's place.

It can't stop anything Summoned after this was activated - and' date=' indeed, it allows something as small as Crystal Seer to destroy your monsters. So yeah.

[/quote']

All you have to do is chain it to the entering of your opponent's Battle Phase.

It can't stop anything Summoned after this was activated - and' date=' indeed, it allows something as small as Crystal Seer to destroy your monsters. So yeah.

[/quote']

...in which case you may as well run Negate Attack.

[/quote']

Explain? Don't most people activate Threatening Roar in response to the entering of their opponent's Battle Phase?

Plus, Negate Attack doesn't work on your turn, whilst this one does.

[/quote']

Explain? Don't most people activate Threatening Roar in response to the entering of their opponent's Battle Phase?

Remember how people run Threatening Roar but not Negate Attack?

Remember why people run Threatening Roar but not Negate Attack?

[/quote']

Threatening Roar is chainable, whereas Negate Attack is not.

[/quote']

Threatening Roar is chainable, whereas Negate Attack is not.

Bingo.

Now, tell me: why do they worry about chainability? Are they worried about it being blown up between the start of the Battle Phase and the Battle Step?

no, I have to fight that point, roar is not just plain better than this card, this card is useful on both turns, turns them to def mode, effectively stopping the attacks for the round, and is chainable, so you can always get it off.

stopping only most of the attacks some of the time is worth being able to play a card that makes crystal seer able to kill anything.

and crab, just to say, I find it funny that your reason why it isn't better, playing monsters after, is exactly why you can play it on your turn.

it also dodges the whole timing and procedure problem roar gets in actual play, since changing the monster to def mode stops the attack, while roar technically doesn't. play it against the smart ass who always trys to make it so roar doesn't work the way it should.

if your just looking for a card to stop their attacks, go ahead and use roar.

if your looking for toolbox spells and traps, use this instead, you will find it useful at all times.

NoEntry%21%21GLAS-EN-C-1E.jpg

That felt a bit left out. That could be a second Threatening Roar moreso than Curse of Anubis.

As far as Curse of Anubis goes' date=' it is chainable which is a good thing with the added benefit of being able to attack over opposing monsters with pretty much anything so it isnt all bad.

[/quote']

There's still the problem of after negation Summons getting through, I don't see no Entry as any better than Curse of Anubis except for also switching Vaniillas, but that's irrelevant considering how many Decks ACTUALLY run vanillas.

NoEntry%21%21GLAS-EN-C-1E.jpg

That felt a bit left out. That could be a second Threatening Roar moreso than Curse of Anubis.

As far as Curse of Anubis goes' date=' it is chainable which is a good thing with the added benefit of being able to attack over opposing monsters with pretty much anything so it isnt all bad.

[/quote']

There's still the problem of after negation Summons getting through, I don't see no Entry as any better than Curse of Anubis except for also switching Vaniillas, but that's irrelevant considering how many Decks ACTUALLY run vanillas.

1 guy that I meet in my local gameshop is really good with vanillas. He runs a Counter-Fairy kinda Beatdown. Oh yeah, and No Entry allows monsters that haven't attacked during that turn to switch back. So yeah.

Archived