Priestess of the Winds (43/60 - Please Rate and Comment)

Ayasato-chan

Before any of you report me for Necrobump, she asked me to Review this Archetype.

Priestess of the Winds - Set / Archetype Review

Not sure if it's a Set or Archetype, so here it goes. I notice right after reading 3 or so cards, majority of them have this main concept. It is either Spell Card related in their effects, WIND related, and a few of them are Nomi monsters. Now this concerns me in many ways, but more importantly the mass amount of Nomi's in the Archetype. This can lead to dead draws if they are all a must. So I might reconsider some of those monsters being Nomi's. They Spell Card concept is quite unique, seeing they also have a few ATK / DEF manipulation techniques depending on the number of Spell Cards removed from play / in the Graveyard for some of them. This concerns me a bit, because this might end up making you overdo the milling / dumping / sending of your Spell Cards to either the Grave or removed from play, even though for some of them, they affect your opponent as well. Even though in some of the cards, it's not just the amount of Spell Cards removed from play / in the Graveyard, but the number of WIND monsters in one of those areas as well.

The Archetype after all of this, seem to have a Aggressive Control strategy. Seeing they manipulate the use of those milled / dumped / sent Spell Cards in order to give you more advantage in any sort of way, limit some of your opponent's moves, or just for that increase of ATK a good amount of them have somewhere in their effect. This makes them quite the threat when you are facing monsters with vicious stats and can limit you in some ways. I am not saying the Archetype is overpowering, for the Archetype does have the costs here and there it needs to stay well, balanced. Even though here and there I would see perhaps a monster that either is just a bit overpowering, a bit underpowered, or just has a few OCG errors I may add.

The Archetype also has basic things an Archetype needs. The beaters (obvious), the card's that can help you swarm like crazy, the card's that can help you Life Point wise, or screw over your opponent Life Point wise, etc. It also somewhat amazes me of the mass amount, well, not really mass, but amount of Field Spells the Archetype has. Running all 3 of them in a Deck would be quite the challenge in my opinion, but that makes cards like Terraforming extra useful. But I am not saying all 3 Field Spells should be ran at once, for the Archetype has a lot of different concepts, and it seems like each sort of concept is under one of the three Field Spells of the Archetype, which I like. Overall, it was much better then your other Archetype I have rated, mainly being it is much more balanced. However, which the mass amount of cards, it sometimes is hard to tell what Tier this Archetype may be in, all depending what are the most important cards that help this Archetype / shows this Archetypes true potential. So I would say this Archetype would be possibly Tier 1.5, but Tier 2 at the least, maybe even at the most. The Archetype gets a 8.8/10

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Anbu-of-Sand, December 5, 2010 - Double Post
Hidden by Anbu-of-Sand, December 5, 2010 - Double Post

Priestess of the Winds - Set / Archetype Review

Not sure if it's a Set or Archetype, so here it goes. I notice right after reading 3 or so cards, majority of them have this main concept. It is either Spell Card related in their effects, WIND related, and a few of them are Nomi monsters. Now this concerns me in many ways, but more importantly the mass amount of Nomi's in the Archetype. This can lead to dead draws if they are all a must. So I might reconsider some of those monsters being Nomi's. They Spell Card concept is quite unique, seeing they also have a few ATK / DEF manipulation techniques depending on the number of Spell Cards removed from play / in the Graveyard for some of them. This concerns me a bit, because this might end up making you overdo the milling / dumping / sending of your Spell Cards to either the Grave or removed from play, even though for some of them, they affect your opponent as well. Even though in some of the cards, it's not just the amount of Spell Cards removed from play / in the Graveyard, but the number of WIND monsters in one of those areas as well.

The Archetype after all of this, seem to have a Aggressive Control strategy. Seeing they manipulate the use of those milled / dumped / sent Spell Cards in order to give you more advantage in any sort of way, limit some of your opponent's moves, or just for that increase of ATK a good amount of them have somewhere in their effect. This makes them quite the threat when you are facing monsters with vicious stats and can limit you in some ways. I am not saying the Archetype is overpowering, for the Archetype does have the costs here and there it needs to stay well, balanced. Even though here and there I would see perhaps a monster that either is just a bit overpowering, a bit underpowered, or just has a few OCG errors I may add.

The Archetype also has basic things an Archetype needs. The beaters (obvious), the card's that can help you swarm like crazy, the card's that can help you Life Point wise, or screw over your opponent Life Point wise, etc. It also somewhat amazes me of the mass amount, well, not really mass, but amount of Field Spells the Archetype has. Running all 3 of them in a Deck would be quite the challenge in my opinion, but that makes cards like Terraforming extra useful. But I am not saying all 3 Field Spells should be ran at once, for the Archetype has a lot of different concepts, and it seems like each sort of concept is under one of the three Field Spells of the Archetype, which I like. Overall, it was much better then your other Archetype I have rated, mainly being it is much more balanced. However, which the mass amount of cards, it sometimes is hard to tell what Tier this Archetype may be in, all depending what are the most important cards that help this Archetype / shows this Archetypes true potential. So I would say this Archetype would be possibly Tier 1.5, but Tier 2 at the least, maybe even at the most. The Archetype gets a 8.8/10

Archived