7th Earthbound God - Kuntur

In my fanfiction, there is a 7th Dark Signer who will replace Kiryu once he is defeated by Yusei(obviously). Therefore the only remaining lines as shown in the flashback of 5Ds is the Condor, Kuntur is a quechua translation of Condor. Until an image of the real Condor is available this will remain a written card. Obviously in my fanfiction, the field spell part works differently according to the anime, but yeah.

[align=center]Earthbound Immortal - Kuntur

DARK

Winged Beast

ATK/2600 DEF/2100

Only 1 "Earthbound Immortal" monster can be face-up on the field at once. Destroy this card if there is not a face-up Field Spell card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. This card can attack your opponent directly. When this face-up card would be destroyed except by it's own effect, you can Tribute 1 LIGHT or DARK monster you control to prevent this card from being destroyed and activate one of the following effects based on the monster Tributed:

LIGHT: End the Battle Phase and increase your Life Points by 800 for each monster your opponent controls in Defense Position.

DARK: End the Battle Phase and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points by 800 for each monster your opponent controls in Attack Position.[/align]

I checked a couple days ago and learned the word Kuntur (Which sounds way too similar to Counter), but I couldn't think of anything. Sadly, this card suffers from the very same thing that makes people hate Cusillu: It's unique affect can only be used when it's destroyed by battle. Make it so that it occurs when it's simply destroyed. Also, the Field Spell part is actually exactly how the other six work like IRL.

I agree with your fanfiction, except for the part about Kiryu being defeated. I really have no clue about who needs to be defeated before a 7th one should come. Maybe Misty, since she's not interesting.

The reasoning for Kiryu is due to the connections between Emira and Yusei and the rest as well as her actual duel against Kiryu which temporarily corrupts her into using Dark Synchros. In addition to that there is gonna be a deep backstory between Emira and the now Dark Signer Katsumi.

As for the by battle part, that would seem to imply that even the field card's destruction would allow it to work while at the same time not work. I suppose I could change that part about it, and I know that's how they work, however the anime differed in that they simple became effectless immortality wise.

NOTE: The name of the thread should be "7th Earthbound Immortal - Kuntur".

The Quechua form of Condor...this is more like it! Look forward to see it work out.

There should be other Earthboudn Gods based on other Nazca Lines too...there should be more than 7 of them?

The reasoning for Kiryu is due to the connections between Emira and Yusei and the rest as well as her actual duel against Kiryu which temporarily corrupts her into using Dark Synchros. In addition to that there is gonna be a deep backstory between Emira and the now Dark Signer Katsumi.

As for the by battle part' date=' that would seem to imply that even the field card's destruction would allow it to work while at the same time not work. I suppose I could change that part about it, and I know that's how they work, however the anime differed in that they simple became effectless immortality wise.

[/quote']

Okay, how about "When this card is destroyed, except by it's own effect..."?

Archived